Language barriers ruining the game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OGmudboneBLASTED

10-04-2010

What's the point in playing this game if when you try and play servers in your country people from others countries change some code to play with you and you can't understand their language? This is a team game. If you can't understand your team you lose. You don't understand their MIA calls. or when they want to switch lanes.. On top if it being impractical towards the game I find it incredibly rude to be speaking another language in the presence of people who can't understand it it as well. Riot, please make the servers more localized.. Do NOT allow cross country server availability. Every other game I get into is just full of a bunch of foreign kids who troll you in poor english and feed. I'm sick of it. I know it's in your power to do this. Just block certain IPs. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. Separate languages. Thanks.

Gizamimi

10-04-2010

jajajajaja

But yes. I agree.

Majikku

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGmudboneBLASTED View Post
people from others countries change some code to play with you.
the real question is who DOES THIS in the first place? why would you WANT to play with a community you cannot understand or interact with positively?

Warscythes

10-04-2010

You had a good thing going there, then I see this

Quote:
Every other game I get into is just full of a bunch of foreign kids who troll you in poor english and feed.
"Sigh"

DocJoze

10-04-2010

I've had some bad experiences, my main language is spanish but i think my english is good enough for my team to understand me.

I had this game where 2 of us kindly asked the rest of the team to at least speak in english, to use words like: gank, lane mia, CC. basic stuff like that. They behaved extremely agressive towards us and blamed us for losing in the end.

saucelah

10-04-2010

thread closing in 5, 4 . . .

obviously riot disagrees considering they keep closing these xenophobic absurd threads. Plus, there are Spanish and French speaking areas in North America -- they have as much right to play on the NA server as you.

OGmudboneBLASTED

10-04-2010

Well it's true. I'm no racist but I don't enjoy being trolled by my own team because they think americans are pigs.

OGmudboneBLASTED

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucelah View Post
thread closing in 5, 4 . . .

obviously riot disagrees considering they keep closing these xenophobic absurd threads. Plus, there are Spanish and French speaking areas in North America -- they have as much right to play on the NA server as you.
Regardless of areas that a second language is spoken I'm of the firm belief that if you live in a country you should speak its primary language.

macsauce

10-04-2010

1) Get Better
2) Elo will rise, teammates/enemies will become better
3) Non-english speakers fade away into the oblivion of elo hell

saucelah

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGmudboneBLASTED View Post
Well it's true. I'm no racist but I don't enjoy being trolled by my own team because they think americans are pigs.
Vicious circle is vicious -- threads like this just reinforce that impression.

Must be terrible to be in the EU and have 20 languages in the area we have 3 . . . or give them a giant advantage over us in business and education. I think the latter more than the former.

Maybe you should use this as an opportunity to learn some basic Spanish or French.