Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you main anything in this game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boolga

11-02-2012

I understand the concept of playing one thing to get better at it. I just don't see how you can do that with League of Legends. Especially in ranked and draft mode. I'm not very outspoken but before I can even consider saying what I would want to play it and my backup role is usually called. So I've been practicing each role somewhat. I just don't see how I can main a role if it's like this. Where I'm getting this main one role is on a youtube video saying this is the best way to gain ELO.

adc

11-02-2012

Well, the first thing you could do is get a name like mine - predictably, I main ADC.

That said, learn to type faster, or copy/paste the message you want to send. Be fast - or pick first. If you're first pick, **** the guy who's fourth and wants to play mid lane. You go mid lane, since you want to too.

Boolga

11-02-2012

I guess it's just not my personality to do that. I could do that though, it just sucks that's how it is. I think there should be a queue system like World of Warcraft (meh) where you select what role/roles you want to play.

Technician Tim

11-02-2012

i really am good at 2 roles, so i go into matches and say mid, or adc
if you guys want me to do good, thats where i need to be

if they feel the need to be pricks, then they can have a sub-par jungler or top laner and run a bigger chance of losing the game
generally if you give the team a choice of 2 roles, youll get one of them

Boolga

11-02-2012

Quote:
kingcharles07:

generally if you give the team a choice of 2 roles, youll get one of them

I usually do this, mine being top and mid but they seem to be the most popular roles and instantly get called. I guess I just need to be more assertive.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-02-2012

Main support.

Boolga

11-02-2012

I've thought of supporting but seriously who likes to do that lol.

adc

11-02-2012

I enjoy supporting if my AD is competent.

icanthear

11-02-2012

it's easy... look, I'm good with 3 roles (ap mid > solo top > adc), I'm not a very experient jungler and I'm a really really bad tank and support. So when I enter the room I just quickly select a champion (not auto locking it) so people know what I want to play and then tip something like "I'm a really bad tank and support". People don't want a bad tank so they will like let you play other role.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-02-2012

Quote:
icanthear:
it's easy... look, I'm good with 3 roles (ap mid > solo top > adc), I'm not a very experient jungler and I'm a really really bad tank and support. So when I enter the room I just quickly select a champion (not auto locking it) so people know what I want to play and then tip something like "I'm a really bad tank and support". People don't want a bad tank so they will like let you play other role.

That doesn't really work for draft pick.