Season 3 Path to Pro

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knife Kitty GG

11-03-2012

I wanna be the very best!

GodLyme

11-03-2012

is there a way we can get a wild card team going? for example, when we play ranked we sometimes play with people who have different goals then we do, which causes us to lose. is there a way we can some how find people that didnt qualify, but show they have the neccesary skills to play and get them all together to form some 5 v 5 teams? complete strangers, but with one common goal.

Queroo

11-03-2012

you have to be on top 32 until december 27 to qualify?? or it ends with season 2??

Néphistalia

11-03-2012

sounds great

JLR

11-03-2012

How does Riot plan to handle people rigging games and corrupting the ladder?

bubs

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMarcou View Post
You must be at least 17 years old by the first day of the Season [early 2013]
YES! 17 on Jan 7

BellaFrozenheart

11-03-2012

firstly I'd like to mention the new site interface doesn't work, it asks me to login but the javascript goes nowhere and does nothing and for some reason it doesn't show me as logged in when I clicked to 'Dicuss' on this topic via the main page.

Secondly I think this is a very good idea, players who are hungry for fame....and friendship, can get a lot out of this, teams will be formed, epic battles will be waged and ultimately everybody gets some good games out of it all with the 'chance' to get into a tournament or two later on in Season 3.

...A Chance, is far more important then anyone ever realizes....

Wyl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

Don't you feel it's a little bit precipitated ?

I mean, Ranked 5v5 just went from "casual" to a complete bloodbath to competitive.

Some "decent" teams JUST have been created to get a ranking milestone to get rewards at the end of the season and then disbanded, aren't that synergized, or don't plan on playing more together for X reasons.

So we have about a month and an half to, for most of us, find 4 other potentially good teammates, practice like hell in normals, and then move to ranked 5v5 and hope to make it to the top ?

Only the first part can take weeks. I won't even talk of the others.

As someone who already tried multiple times to build a "competitive" team up, I think we have VERY little time for all of that, and that it doesn't reward everyone on the same level.

I'll explain that last point further :

Given two different teams, one is filled with platinum to diamond players that are quite over the top mechanically wise (obviously) but just made up to attempt the top 32, so the synergy isn't there yet, the trust isn't there either totally, etc.

The other team is made with silver to gold players, it's a very old team playing CASUALLY since then, filled with inreal friends, they have an awesome synergy, they trust each other alot, and love playing together. However, the mechanical side isn't much there. They are competent, but nowhere near the top.

So in the end, all their effort will be in vain, because you'll see tons of top solo queue players make a team on their own and crush these arguably better teams just because their mechanics are better.

A month and a half isn't enough to focus on mechanics, i'd give at very least double that time.

This comes from a platinum player.

You should have announced that with the Season 2 rewards announcement earlier in September.

TL;DR : All too precipitated.

Trotan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMarcou View Post
You must be at least 17 years old by the first day of the Season [early 2013]
How early is early? Been playing with some friends for years now, but one of them doesn't turn 17 until April 2013, Any chance of getting a more specific date? Don't want to find out later he can't compete if we do manage to make it.

i am guitar

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi i am angel View Post
I am a manager for a team, i got some questions to ask, can i add you on skype or something?

mmm..idk how to get you added, don't want my skype on the forums. Follow me on twitter maybe? ^_^
@theangelvigil
samesies, i'm with angel
what's the best way for managers to get a more direct line to get faster answers from riot?