Special Slot for Wards, and Possibly Boots

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Furry NA

11-02-2012

Hello all!

I feel that there should be a special spot for wards.... And maybe boots. I'll make my arguments separately, because I'm iffy on the boots, but I have heard of others wanting that too.

Wards: Okay, I feel this really needs to be done. No one late game, -no one-, should be forced to leave an item slot open for this. Everyone is responsible for buying wards, not just supports-- who could be buying another aura item or something. There should be a slot that can hold up to 5. If you want more, then it would take up your spaces (needing more than 5 at a time is kinda ridiculous though). But wait! Why not get Wriggles! Because, Wriggles would still help in that it's a lackluster Zeke's Herald that gives you free Wards. More beneficial for those who will be warding more than others and need it; primarily junglers. If you want to save gold and that fits. But, for AP, supports, and such-- or when you sell your Wriggles late game should you so choose to, I feel there should be a spot just for wards.

Boots: I have heard of some people late game wishing boots didn't take a spot. I feel neutral on this, but I am throwing this idea out there. Kinda mixed.

Thoughts?

Lostdreamers

11-02-2012

no. this idea would allow fed heros to become more powerful.

ultimately it would lead to 1v5 scenarios WE do NOT want that

I repeat WE do NOT want that!

wards can be better than items
if you have a support with no wards
then you miss out on the ability to control the map
this is part of the game:
choices,
plays,
teamwork.

not 1v5 :\ or getting extra slots because you are to fed or to farmed.

Niiko The Goat

11-02-2012

The ward thing is only annoying when you wanna build a new item and you only have one spot left.

Lostdreamers

11-02-2012

choices. :\

Best Furry NA

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostdreamers View Post
no. this idea would allow fed heros to become more powerful.

ultimately it would lead to 1v5 scenarios WE do NOT want that

I repeat WE do NOT want that!

wards can be better than items
if you have a support with no wards
then you miss out on the ability to control the map
this is part of the game:
choices,
plays,
teamwork.

not 1v5 :\ or getting extra slots because you are to fed or to farmed.
Uh, I was talking about late game, and... How does giving a slot designed for wards lead to 1v5s? Usually people who are fed early build maybe 4 items around the point they start to crush, not 6...

Lostdreamers

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacialwrath View Post
Uh, I was talking about late game, and... How does giving a slot designed for wards lead to 1v5s? Usually people who are fed early build maybe 4 items around the point they start to crush, not 6...
yeah but if you want wards it takes up a lot, that goes for the other team ALSO. vision = spot no one is exempt from this rule
+ imo vision is very much worth a spot

EXAMPLE: it is very easy for ez to farm and get kills as an a hero lets say he is 15-4 kill/death ratio. that is a lot of money. 6 spots at 40 minutes in can still be caught up to by the opposing adcarry, but if boots were moved he would potentially get that item and have more room to expand before the other catches up.

many people can outdo a farmed/ fed hero if they wait it out and farm well themselves.
but the reason you can catch up is because there is that limit in items.

items = all your power essentially.

in another example having 5 slots instead of 6 would result in faster and shorter games since you would be more constricted and have less options and it would be easier to farm up to the 5 items instead of 6. Wouldn't you agree?

getting 7 items instead of 6 would increase the time to catch up and potentially slow down the game if it is close, if it is a landslide there will be less hope than if there were 6

-- granted this would not apply to every game but as a general rule it would. especially as you get more competitive such as 1600elo +

BloodBelt

11-02-2012

I think if you where to add another slot is should be a ward only slot. You shouldt be able to put other items in this slot only wards. But i dont think we need that anyway. i think it is good to just keep the 6 and then you jsut have to make the choices.