Riot you want the Toxic Community to Stop?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrincessDerpy

11-02-2012

There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players

Get the idea? All you're doing is blaming the guys that get flamed.

mr underhilI

11-02-2012

i made so many posts like this one in the past , its as if riot doesnt read them or something...

i mentioned in my previous post to let high elo players duo with low elo ones and teach them how to play, in return the high elo player gets more ip , also these types of games require a separate lobby/or chat room, where people can post what roles they need help with.

these people should also ignore dodge que timers, so if someone dodged a ranked game, this timer doesnt effect the games he has with low elo players,

encouraging players to go for a "training game" when they are on a 30 min dodge timer.

TeamWorkTom

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cman811 View Post
I think they need to drastically increase the level cap beyond 30. Or, slow the xp gain dramatically. As of right now, it's too easy to level to top level then get stuck in with players who have ~900 wins against a player who's played a total of 75 games or so. I'm not sure what to put the max level at, or when an appropriate time to enter ranked play would be, but that's not what I get paid to do anyway.

Also, I think that the game itself is extremely harsh towards mistakes. One or two missteps by a player can swing a lane completely, that happens in a couple lanes and/or in very specific lanes and the game is practically over. I don't mind that about the game as it needs to be so in order to end games quickly. But I would like to see easier ways to overcome that. I would definitely enjoy it more if comebacks were easier to achieve.

I have to disagree on both statements. First increasing level cap will do nothing. There are many people that have 1k+ games that still do not understand fundamental basics of this game.

Most of what your saying can easily be taught with a few basic videos on match ups or by basic knowledge of the game. A person takes a wrong step because they don't know its a wrong step. The player makes a mistake because he does not fully understand the lane or the match up.

The next part is that no lane is ever completely lost on first death. The thing to do from there is simply play safe. Farm, but most people don't understand this as well. They don't understand that if you are up 20cs from the person that has a kill on you, you are for the most part even in gold.

If you play safe and only go in when you think it is a free kill with no sacrifice then you can get ahead. Or if you are simply better at CSing you can get your self ahead of the other lane.

Most of the problems players have with other players can be easily taught by Riot in short videos.

Aerothal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullettime7 View Post
if they really want it to stop, they need to include pre and post game chat in the Tribunal report. Most toxic behavior, players admitting to trolling/feeding, etc happens there and carries into the live game if people don't dodge.

Include that and the amount of toxic players removed will near double.
you do know how to take screen shots, right? and you do know that you can report a player not only in game, but also through contacting support?
They have not only a category for "report summoner" but let you attach pics as proof.

TeamWorkTom

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandox View Post
i made so many posts like this one in the past , its as if riot doesnt read them or something...

i mentioned in my previous post to let high elo players duo with low elo ones and teach them how to play, in return the high elo player gets more ip , also these types of games require a separate lobby/or chat room, where people can post what roles they need help with.

these people should also ignore dodge que timers, so if someone dodged a ranked game, this timer doesnt effect the games he has with low elo players,

encouraging players to go for a "training game" when they are on a 30 min dodge timer.
The reason they wouldn't do something like this is because "training games" could be abused to allow newer players to gain extra IP when they are "training" their friends.

The solution is pretty simple and would probably take less time to make than their champion spot lights.

Like what has already been said they could get pro players to create videos to help people understand the game better and put them on their front page.

Nothing extra would really need to be added to the actual game for these videos to be present. The only thing they need to be is easily accessible by the majority of the LoL player base.

TeamWorkTom

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerivalara View Post
There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players There will always be bad players. There will always be bad players

Get the idea? All you're doing is blaming the guys that get flamed.

Yes but the threshold of bad players can be raised. This isn't to purge LoL of all bad players. It is to make it so players understand what they are doing wrong easier and in turn lower the toxic player base.

NachP

11-02-2012

I'd love to have videos showing the basics beyond the proving grounds and the first match tutorial.
I don't think this would change the attitude of some players though.

TheLazyGent

11-02-2012

The reason we have this 'toxic' behavior is cause people just don't know when to shut it. Mistakes happen, we get it. People can be pissed and rage if only if they can use as much effort towards shutting up. People just can't let things go, which spawns more arguements and possible comebacks turn into ruined games. I am not a perfect player skill or additude wise, nor do I claim to be.

In a setting where 5 strangers must work together in a game that is ment to be played with some level of coordination, you will have problems. You can't change that without changing the game itself, all you can change is to take out the most negative of problems which is this toxic community. The ones who have no real idea about what they are saying. Like the raging mindlessly swearing idiots who think saying offensive slurs and **** over and over makes their point more valid. The ones who have nothing useful, nice, or constructive to say. Like the ones who just say a few words that overall just spark arguments instead of doing anything useful or helpful like saying "You didn't do this? Man you're a baddy". Or the best of them all, the ones who give up for no real reason and just blame the weakest link/worse lane and proceed to say GG every few minutes which sparks more arguments, more people talking instead of playing, and just overall poor moral.

TeamWorkTom

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLazyGent View Post
The reason we have this 'toxic' behavior is cause people just don't know when to shut it. Mistakes happen, we get it. People can be pissed and rage if only if they can use as much effort towards shutting up. People just can't let things go, which spawns more arguements and possible comebacks turn into ruined games. I am not a perfect player skill or additude wise, nor do I claim to be.

In a setting where 5 strangers must work together in a game that is ment to be played with some level of coordination, you will have problems. You can't change that without changing the game itself, all you can change is to take out the most negative of problems which is this toxic community. The ones who have no real idea about what they are saying. Like the raging mindlessly swearing idiots who think saying offensive slurs and **** over and over makes their point more valid. The ones who have nothing useful, nice, or constructive to say. Like the ones who just say a few words that overall just spark arguments instead of doing anything useful or helpful like saying "You didn't do this? Man you're a baddy". Or the best of them all, the ones who give up for no real reason and just blame the weakest link/worse lane and proceed to say GG every few minutes which sparks more arguments, more people talking instead of playing, and just overall poor moral.
You can change it by changing the mentality going into games. As I have said here in the US our culture emphasizes the individual. In Japan people emphasize family and their community more than them selves.

So it is easier for a group of 5 randoms in a country like to Japan work towards a common goal instead of 5 randoms here in the US because each person wants to be the star usually.

(not trying to change the US only the general mentality of a teamwork game being focused on teamwork)

The thing that teaching players how to play the game will do is give players a tangible example of good and bad play. It will give people knowledge of what to do and allow people to give examples of what happened and make it easier for a teammate to tell the other person constructive criticism by simply referencing a video.

The videos could also be made to show the importance of teamwork. That the overall goal is to win not be the guy with the highest k/d, and to win it requires teamwork.

It is a step into changing the mindset of a LoL player to the individual and into a team which in turn would help lower the toxicity of the game because it would be a team effort not a single individuals.

Also replays would help out a lot for people to try and improve the knowledge of how people gank and where they come from. Believe it or not a lot of players don't know how and where a jungler will gank from.

TeamWorkTom

11-02-2012

bump