Riot you want the Toxic Community to Stop?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeamWorkTom

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elric Sadricson View Post
They can't make a video saying what's right and what's wrong because it's a video game meant for all people of all walks. Not everyone is looking for pro level experience, some people just want to have fun. The other day I was in a game where at champ select I called mid, everyone agreed I could play mid, and then proceeded to select Katarina, Syndra, Ziggs & Master Yi. Oh, and the Yi built full AP. Did I report them all for not following the meta? No, because they were doing it to have fun, and none of them were being jerks, we were all laughing and having a good time the entire game.

Just because someone isn't aspiring to the same heights in this game as you are doesn't make them deserving of a ban or a report, it doesn't mean that they're "doing it wrong", it just means that they're different than you and have different goals. Report people who are jerks, not people who don't do what you think they should be doing. Oh and for gods sake quit reporting people for intentional feeding when they're not doing it on purpose, we've all had bad games, have you ever stopped to think about how you might make others feel by raging at them when they're already having a bad game and know it? Try working to solve the problem by adapting and forming a strategy that will get you through it instead of raging on the poor guy and then reporting him for intentional feeding.
I don't even know what to say to this.

A video teaching basic concepts of the game is just that a video teaching basic concepts of the game. I don't think you understand that a game has a set of rules and is played out with those set of rules. If you are not playing this game to win then you are playing this game in a way to ruin the fun of at least 4 other people.

You don't play a competitive PvP game to farm 24/7 go play an RPG. You don't play a competitive PvP game for any other reason to compete against others.

You claim I am raging at people? But when did I say I was raging? I was specifically saying that bad players or players such as you are describing are toxic for this game.

This is a game to be played to beat the other team or players. By doing something other than trying to win you are toxic. You are playing the wrong game if you are not trying to beat the other team.

I really don't know what to say to you attitude except that it is very toxic and I feel bad that you feel entitled to play a game a way that ruins it for other players.

Your stuck in this idea that these videos would be focusing on the games meta. Where did I say this in the original post?

TeamWorkTom

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by banned yet again View Post
i agree... and they locked my thread for some reason...

They locked it due to the down votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banned yet again View Post
you know how riot makes these videos on how to play the new champs, they should do that for current meta, and teach people how to farm etc... they talk about these topics in those videos and expect people to understand what they mean. But they have never officially explaned the basic mechanics to doing well in the game.
The issue with the current meta is that its going to change with season 3. Yet I feel like this game will for ever be stuck in its general meta game because of the way the champions are created.

You will never have a melee carry because there is no items/abilities that allow them to become immune to CC. There is a very huge lack of diversity in champions in this game that creates the stagnant meta that has been around for ever. You will never not have and AD even if the AD is only there to push down towers. You will never not want a team AD/AP damage so that the other team is forced to split their armor. You will never not want a team with high burst/cc/survivability.

The current meta will always be somewhat there in terms of types of heros chosen, but the meta might shift from which champions have a higher impact in the game.

Dead Mans Chest

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamWorkTom View Post
They locked it due to the down votes.
pretty sad how this community operates can't even have constructive dialogue without something being your fault in some way or another, or people simply shutting out the idea of them being wrong because it goes against the norm.

Bad player ruin the game for me not ragers, i rage here and there but it's always justified. since when is playing bad justified in any way shape or form, in any game ever... games are made to win and i wanna be on the winning side with the ragers rather than the losing side with the "good sports", if people think other wise... they really should stop playing competitive games, or any games at all for that matter.

TeamWorkTom

12-02-2012

bump

TeamWorkTom

12-02-2012

bump