Riot you want the Toxic Community to Stop?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeamWorkTom

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
While I agree that more resources should go toward helping new players get up to speed on how to play well, the rage problem won't be solved by this. It can't hurt, for sure.
You speak in absolutes like raging has an absolute solution. Raging/Toxicity will always be there. It will never go away.

This solution is not geared towards an absolute solution only towards curbing it.

CamaHa

11-26-2012

Wait wait so now I won't be able to stomp noobs on my smurf not lvl 30 account?!?!?!

But to tell the truth lately my most exciting games happened on that low lvl smurf accout. It seems lots of decent players created new accounts and playing on low levels hahahaha.

P.S.: I created that account in order to play with my buddy who just started btw. Just to stop all those "Nub u play vs eazy newbz".

Purgation

11-26-2012

I like this idea. I think there is plenty of game concepts that could be taught that hold true regardless of the meta.

I've even thought about adding "trials" as a barrier before being allowed to play ranked - - a series of simple scenarios that require some basics to "pass"

Could be done in such a way that it would be trivial for a skilled player to pass the "trials" in a few hours of play time, but difficult enough that players who haven't bothered to learn basic game mechanics would be forced to go back and learn them.

One of the things that certain other game developers (e.g. Blizzard) excel at is creating a play mode / progression mode that introduces new play concepts gradually - - so much so that you don't usually realize that you are not just playing the game, but actually learning the game as you go along.

TeamWorkTom

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purgation View Post
I like this idea. I think there is plenty of game concepts that could be taught that hold true regardless of the meta.

I've even thought about adding "trials" as a barrier before being allowed to play ranked - - a series of simple scenarios that require some basics to "pass"

Could be done in such a way that it would be trivial for a skilled player to pass the "trials" in a few hours of play time, but difficult enough that players who haven't bothered to learn basic game mechanics would be forced to go back and learn them.

One of the things that certain other game developers (e.g. Blizzard) excel at is creating a play mode / progression mode that introduces new play concepts gradually - - so much so that you don't usually realize that you are not just playing the game, but actually learning the game as you go along.
I fully disagree on trials of sorts to unlock aspects of the game. It causes a lot of player discourse and creates another layer of elitism even if the trials are there with good intentions.

It also defeats the purpose of the match making system (although its terrible), and that is a completely different issue.

What teaching the general player base would do is increase the communities willingness to play together because they would have a higher understanding of the game. Meaning its better to work with each other in a team based game than fight each other which would help curb some of the toxicness this game suffer from.

TeamWorkTom

11-26-2012

bump

Nuker X

11-26-2012

I completely agree with this. Upvoted

TeamWorkTom

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuker X View Post
I completely agree with this. Upvoted
Thanks

TeamWorkTom

11-26-2012

bump

TeamWorkTom

11-26-2012

bump

TeamWorkTom

11-26-2012

bump