Riot you want the Toxic Community to Stop?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StriderXplosive

Recruiter

11-21-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=192674

Here is a great idea that has over 4k votes. RIOT?

Fatthang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamWorkTom View Post
What kind of comment is this? What are you even talking about? I was the 5/0 vayne I was the one dominating, go lolking it. The game ended with me being 15/0 boring to play games like that.

Do you have anything to comment about the importance of teaching the community how to actually play the game?

I really don't understand what you are talking about. That is common knowledge for me, but for people to even organize a 3v1 tower dive is hard enough. Hence the importance of teaching the LoL community how to play.

This genre of video game is new compared to every other genre out there. Its by far the newest AAA genre of game.

I am sorry if this also came off as offensive I kind of have a hard time with not doing that because of my reading disability.
Sorry, but... What?

Zaenos

11-21-2012

I'd like to see this, (provided it only teaches the basics and isn't a meta-reinforcer). It would help reduce the number of poor players, and thus the number of triggers for toxic players to act out. Unfortunately, it doesn't address the root of the problem, which is a hyper-competitive community and players with little sympathy for anyone percieved as worse than them. The honor system is a great step towards fixing this, though it ultimately is going to take a community movement to really turn around the atmosphere.

I'm kind of iffy on rewards such as badges, borders, and public ranking and statistics being so encouraged. LoL is the #1 E-sport in the world, so I understand why it's done, but while it serves to satisfy the elite, those who aren't as good, or simply aren't interested in competitive play, are getting dragged into it to their detriment.

Cloak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

I support and agree with this 100%. The tutorial is misleading, and doesn't teach you anything that playing against people has to offer. I'd like to see the percentage of "Toxic players", who get fed up or rage at allies.

XxXSlaynXxX

11-21-2012

Personally I don't think Riot needs to tell people how to play the game... people already complain about "meta saheep" I don't think Riot needs to reinforce it.

Also blaming people raging on people who are bad is like blaming a rape victim who dresses ****ty. "But they ASKED for it!". Yeah right...

TeamWorkTom

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXSlaynXxX View Post
Personally I don't think Riot needs to tell people how to play the game... people already complain about "meta saheep" I don't think Riot needs to reinforce it.

Also blaming people raging on people who are bad is like blaming a rape victim who dresses ****ty. "But they ASKED for it!". Yeah right...
You obviously missed everything I typed. Also your example is completely wrong.

I never said anyone was to be blamed for getting raged at. I simply stated the reason and a solution to it. There is a major difference in blaming someone and stating the reason for it. The rape example is actually completely off. Did you know that most rape victims are raped by someone they actually know? And it is more of a man expressing control/dominance than actual...? (Well that words blocked out yet it also refers to gender what a terrible language filter) Dressing ****ty has very little to do with it.

Why does that relate to this topic? Well his example was actually very ignorant. Hence a lack of understanding or knowledge of what I was saying, and actual facts behind rape.

This makes him look uneducated and rather 'trolly.' Why this matters is because this exact thing happens in game. People don't know how to play. They get mad that they died. They are already emotionally charged that they died so they don't want someone telling them what to do or how to improve. So in response to any sort of comment rage or constructive they will usually rage.

They rage because they don't know what they did wrong, they rage because they don't want to be wrong, they rage because someone is either being toxic to them or telling them how to improve but they have a mind set that they don't make mistakes.

The meta has very little to do with what I said Riot should teach. If you read my examples it is simply basic functions of the game. But the reason for the meta being so popular is because Riot actually supports the meta. If they didn't they would have kept Rengar in his buffed state and Talon at his release state.

The two champions would be hard counters to anything squishy. So thus a team would have to create a more bruiser heavy team to counter the high burst low sustain.

The meta may shift in season 3, but at the moment Riot supports the meta and most off meta play consists of lane swaps not actual role changes.

You will always have an AD, no matter if its for carrying or just to poke at towers when trying to push.

You will always have an AP because it forces the team to build two types of armor. You will always have teams with stacked CC if you can help it. CC is one of the strongest things in this game, stacking it will only make killing someone easier.

0 CS supports may change. But Riot likes it and 100% supports it.

The comment about "meta sheep" only shows your inability to adapt to the game. You refuse to acknowledge how this game is structured and are actually the type of person talked about in this thread when people say "You can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink." And why people have said that it won't help curb the toxic community.

TeamWorkTom

11-21-2012

bump

Michael Kane

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofred View Post
teaching players is almost saying "this is how the meta goes" and riot doesn't want to have a set in stone meta
And forever we will rage at each other, like argueing over whose god is real or whether there are even gods to argue about

TeamWorkTom

11-24-2012

bump

MTaur

11-25-2012

While I agree that more resources should go toward helping new players get up to speed on how to play well, the rage problem won't be solved by this. It can't hurt, for sure.