Riot you want the Toxic Community to Stop?

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 23
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeamWorkTom

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edxu View Post
I'd support this, except for the fact that the lessons would need to be based around the current metagame (10-15 minute dragons, after Top has snowballed, farm to about 25 minutes, then mid for teamfight), while Riot says that they will change said metagame significantly in S3.

If i were in Riot's position, I would put some basic lessons.

Ex. CSing, popular warding locations, Spawn times and timers of various jungle creeps, a fast way to tell if you will survive a dive (maybe not, its somewhat complicated.)
Thats fine.

Because this game at the moment will keep this meta for a very long time.

The biggest changes in the meta have been kill lanes instead of safe lanes. But this only happened after a bunch of burst ADs came out like Graves, and Supports being nerfed.

Bullettime7

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamWorkTom View Post
Tribunal is not the solution.

People do the MID OR FEED stuff because they "main" roles. No one should ever "main" roles in this game.

You can have your best roles but then you should be good at all roles to better understand how each role is played so you can counter play it.

The Tribunal also does nothing but get people paranoid about bans and creates a community fearful of communicating.

If you teach people how to play its a start on how to get the community focused on improving their own play as well as their team play.
You can teach people all day long to not act a certain way and play a certain way but if a player wants to grief others, then it's all for nothing. Just because a parent teaches their kid the right way to act doesn't mean the kid won't still bully others.

Just because someone might prefer a role doesn't give them the right to intentionally feed if they don't get that role. When I play a game, I say "jungler is my preferred and best role." It accomplishes the same thing, but in a respectful way, and without making a threat to my team. I don't say "jungle or I'm feeding!" and throw the game for my team because I'm butthurt like it seems like so many others do. I play what I have to and still try to give my team a win. Anyone who even considers intentionally throwing the game for their team out of butthurt needs to be removed. The problem is that the admittance is usually in pre or post game chat, not game chat, so they can abuse that blind spot to avoid being banned for their actions.

I do agree with there being training lessons on certain things like a tutorial on warding, last hitting, and general role responsibilities. Those would be amazing at teaching newer players as they go through the levels and hone their skills in them, becoming more productive players.

TeamWorkTom

11-02-2012

Bump?

Skariy

11-02-2012

I agree with OP

But this thread was horribly written...

TeamWorkTom

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullettime7 View Post
You can teach people all day long to not act a certain way and play a certain way but if a player wants to grief others, then it's all for nothing. Just because a parent teaches their kid the right way to act doesn't mean the kid won't still bully others.

Just because someone might prefer a role doesn't give them the right to intentionally feed if they don't get that role. When I play a game, I say "jungler is my preferred and best role." It accomplishes the same thing without making a threat to my team. I don't say "jungle or I'm feeding!" and throw the game for my team because I'm butthurt like it seems like so many others do. I play what I have to do and still try to give my team a win. Anyone who even considers intentionally throwing the game for their team needs to be removed. The problem is that the admittance is usually in pre or post game chat, not game chat, so they can abuse that blind spot to avoid being banned for their actions.

I do agree with there being training lessons on certain things like a tutorial on warding, last hitting, and general role responsibilities.

So you think the majority of the player base want to troll? No the majority of the player base want to play what they want to play because they don't understand that this is a competitive game.

Even with the Esport scene they don't know that the game revolves around teamwork. The reason for the toxic players is not because they all want to troll but they have this idea that they only play one role.

Again I commented about this already. Players "main" a role or champion and refuse to play any role.

If Riot teaches the basics of the game and how teamwork is important you won't get as much of the "jungle or I feed' reactions because the majority of the player base will want to win no matter the role they are playing.

People only want to 'play' the game, they don't care what role they play or if they truly win or lose they just 'play' with out any thought of what their actions do. If Riot was to teach these people simply by giving videos on roles and impacts the roles have and actually gear the game towards winning and not "i main jungle" or posts of "80% win rate Kat only player AMA" then people would stop with the this rigid playing style.

For Riot to respond to posts of "80% win rate Kat only player AMA" they are effectively influencing others to do something similar to get a response out of Riot. Which in turn helps create this toxic player base.

Hotdogs

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isist View Post
But my point is, have you ever seen a rank 2000+ rioter?
i see phreak every champion spotlight

Hotdogs

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamWorkTom View Post
Example is when a tank at full HP at say level 7 or 8 tries to tower dive someone at low HP with no ult by him self.

There is absolutely nothing safe about it and with a little kiting will end up the person feeding a free kill.
they taught you that in the proving ground remember

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Low skill isn't toxic, degradation is.

DriedPrunes

11-02-2012

This guy is actually right.
Dota and other mmoba's do this. There is standard of bar of whats good and what is not in LoL. The community has either 3 sources to learn about the game:
Forums (not GD)
Youtube( not a good source)
Pro sites like Solomid.net (good but stiffens players to make them rigged)

We need riot to lay the foundations on how to actually play LoL in a efficient manner.

TeamWorkTom

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
Low skill isn't toxic, degradation is.
Low skill is very toxic when the players don't understand what they are doing wrong yet insist they are good.

It creates the guy that spamming "surrender at 20" 15mins into the game when the K/D is only 10 to 15.

Ignorance is what causes many problems. A harsh example is slavery and the perception that Africans were less than human. That was fueled by ignorance simply because their skin was a different color. You can argue it has no basis for a video game, but it does. Ignorance of the game leads to bad players thinking their good complain about others instead of focusing on what they did wrong.

Most people react saying someone is bad or failed because they don't understand that forcing someone to go back is actually a good thing. The Kill is not mandatory. They don't understand small aspects of the game that create huge leads. They only focus on their k/d not even their k/d/a.

If Riot taught basics and tried to influence the community into looking at what they did wrong or what they could have done better then there will be less of a toxic community.

12345612 ... 23