Riot you want the Toxic Community to Stop?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Erdrik

11-19-2012

quick post. no time but to skim the pages... sry :P
If already posted I agree with the idea of placing whatever info is gather in regards to how to play the game in the game lobby window.
posting in the forums, or even in youtube will get the info out, but mostly to people who already know it. maybe not completely, but to me the true recipient of this info should be those who do not bother to check the forums or youtube for the info.
One of the few things that Tribes Ascend has(started) to do right is including video turorials and community youtube recordings in the game menus.
It should be like the "featured videos" but an orginized and seperate(but clearly visible) list in the game lobby(after login).

TeamWorkTom

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdrik View Post
quick post. no time but to skim the pages... sry :P
If already posted I agree with the idea of placing whatever info is gather in regards to how to play the game in the game lobby window.
posting in the forums, or even in youtube will get the info out, but mostly to people who already know it. maybe not completely, but to me the true recipient of this info should be those who do not bother to check the forums or youtube for the info.
One of the few things that Tribes Ascend has(started) to do right is including video turorials and community youtube recordings in the game menus.
It should be like the "featured videos" but an orginized and seperate(but clearly visible) list in the game lobby(after login).
This is exactly what I have been trying to say. Maybe I said it in too many words or it was very convoluted.

The information or way of presenting the concepts or information on how to play the game to those that would not be willing to take that extra time to find it. It is why I say Riot should be at the fore front of this and not pros.

Ippiki Okami

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamWorkTom View Post
Riot needs to teach their player base how to play the game even if its just the basics to help curb the toxic player base.
Although I think your idea is a good idea.

I think you and I have different opinions on what "toxic player" means.

Joshthor

11-20-2012

frankly if you want to help the toxic community you should make sure that the ragey ones are getting the meds they need to realize that they are harrassing someone over a goddamn game.

dont get me wrong. educating people on how to play the game is a good idea. but it wont help promote a friendly environment. its human nature to ignore your faults and hunt them down in others. moba games promote that nature.

TeamWorkTom

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippiki Okami View Post
Although I think your idea is a good idea.

I think you and I have different opinions on what "toxic player" means.
No, I just think you don't know what it is for a player to be toxic. There are many different types of players that make the game toxic, or could be considered toxic.

A person that never learns from his mistakes and blames his team is very very toxic. It causes everyone on the team to get angry and usually ends in a loss.

Many of the toxic players have no idea what they did wrong. There are not as many intentional trolls as people make it out to seem. Its really just the fact that they don't know what they did wrong so they blame the team. They are too stubborn in the middle of a match to admit what they did wrong.

There are different variations of a toxic player not just one. If it was only one type of player then Riot wouldn't have such a long summoners code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshthor View Post
frankly if you want to help the toxic community you should make sure that the ragey ones are getting the meds they need to realize that they are harrassing someone over a goddamn game.

dont get me wrong. educating people on how to play the game is a good idea. but it wont help promote a friendly environment. its human nature to ignore your faults and hunt them down in others. moba games promote that nature.
I don't think they need meds more than a change of perspective, but that is a very very hard thing to get a person to do.

Noboty

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knubbers View Post
bump +1

please riot. at least make a video explaining that the carries need to aim the carries. PLEASE
Only if they are in range. Otherwise, attack whoever is the closest.

TeamWorkTom

11-20-2012

bump

TeamWorkTom

11-20-2012

bump

Zeratoth

11-20-2012

the only concern I have is you say players should learn EVERY role.
no. plain and simple. no. I certainly don't MAIN a char, but I don't play ADC. Its boring and doesnt feel like it takes any skill. (So tired of reaching the late game and getting right clicked to death in <2 secs

Other than that, its all pretty good. some lessons for new players would be nice.

TeamWorkTom

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeratoth View Post
the only concern I have is you say players should learn EVERY role.
no. plain and simple. no. I certainly don't MAIN a char, but I don't play ADC. Its boring and doesnt feel like it takes any skill. (So tired of reaching the late game and getting right clicked to death in <2 secs

Other than that, its all pretty good. some lessons for new players would be nice.
Well the reason for learning every role is to better account for what is going on during the game. The best way to fight an enemy is to know what they are doing. So to best counter any role you should know what they do.

I don't blame you saying its boring considering its mostly a farm fest. Anyways thanks for the bump.