Riot you want the Toxic Community to Stop?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freeqsalot

11-19-2012

I think what the OP suggests would be ok to help get bad players out of the 'bad' mentatility. As for getting rid of toxic players, I think riot should straight up make ranked THE place to go when people want to be serious and try hard and all that.

As it stands now there is nowhere for people like me who want to play for the competitiveness w/o all the hassle that comes with those players that think ranked is a time to try the newly released champion.

riot should really put their foot down on ranked matches. I mean really poor it on and let the community know that ranked is not the place to fk around. Once ranked is a place for just that then we can start filtering down to normals and such. As it stands now ranked is a joke to be in because riot let's it be a joke. I want some serious play sometimes.

Eruka Frog

11-19-2012

should be phreak's job to make a youtube series of tutorials

that guy doesn't do anything but sit on his ass until once every 3 weeks he has to play the new champ for a game and make a video about how good triforce is on him

make him work

ElementzPRO

11-19-2012

the op has it right

there are two reasons people rage-
person B did something bad
or
person A thinks person B did something bad when they in fact did not

if everyone was decent at the game both scenarios could be avoided
this is why you see a LOT less rage at higher elo

Seehan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

bump

IrrationalNoob

11-19-2012

Pros have enough footage out there, even with commentary. That players that are interested in becoming better could probably have the knowledge of how to get better if they chose to look at it.

So I am not really sure what riot releasing tutorial videos would really do. IMO it would not change anything.

TeamWorkTom

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgunLT1 View Post
Well the thing is RIOT doesn't have to be the one to make these videos, the lol community can do it.
Already there r lots of players out there teaching other fellow summoners about the basics of lol through youtube or through custom (like i do with with my friend).

RIOT just make a section in your website where we the community can post gameplay related videos like lol basics, champion skill combo, timing and counters . Rather than ppl going to youtube and find these videos it would be better if we could find it here in the website or in a link via LOL client to the section in your website.

How's that ???
that would be a start. But the problem is the information on how to play is not easily available. You have to search far and wide to find actually legit information on how to play the game. You would actually learn more going to the Dota/Dota2 community on how to play than searching for LoL tips simply because that community is overall pretty helpful. Riot having videos on their website and advertising them when you start up LoL would create an easy access for people to find videos on how to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrationalNoob View Post
Pros have enough footage out there, even with commentary. That players that are interested in becoming better could probably have the knowledge of how to get better if they chose to look at it.

So I am not really sure what riot releasing tutorial videos would really do. IMO it would not change anything.
Its about accessibility not necessarily about who creates them as long as they are actually informative and helpful.

Zuphlas

11-19-2012

The problem is not that people don't know how to play the game, the problem is that people these days seem to think that it's fine to be an ass just because you have anonymity on the internet. Hell they think it's fine to be jackasses in general, and they do it on a regular basis in real life too. Riot already has their work cut out for them making a balanced game that will last a long time, they don't have time and resources to spend on teaching immature people how to act like an adult and treat others with respect. It's not their job to do it either, and it's a god damn shame that society as a whole has let things get the way they are. Back in the day if you were an ass you got the **** kicked out of you until you learned better, and you were taught to treat people with respect in general. Wtb corporal punishment in schools >>

I'm not saying that it's a bad idea for Riot to put out "how to" basic videos, I'm saying that them doing so has nothing to do with community toxicity and that it falls to us as a community to help deal with toxic players. That's what the tribunal is for, and more people need to make use of it. Those that can't learn their lesson get banned, plain and simple. It falls to us to expedite this process.

Fenstick

11-19-2012

You can find tons of streamers and youtube vids of high ELO players with commentary and what they or the enemy did right/wrong. If people want to learn, they will. If not, they won't. You can't FORCE them to watch these things, you know.

Also, there's http://eloheaven.enjin.com/ where there are mentors that can teach you everything you want to know. And they aren't even *******s usually

TeamWorkTom

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenstick View Post
You can find tons of streamers and youtube vids of high ELO players with commentary and what they or the enemy did right/wrong. If people want to learn, they will. If not, they won't. You can't FORCE them to watch these things, you know.

Also, there's http://eloheaven.enjin.com/ where there are mentors that can teach you everything you want to know. And they aren't even *******s usually
Ill put this on my front post though, thanks for the info.

But it still has the issue of the information not being easily accessible. In the day and age we are in now most people want things fast and to the point and don't want to bother with searching for it.

TeamWorkTom

11-19-2012

Just wanted to say thanks guys for up voting this and supporting upping the NA player base level and curbing some of the toxic community in this game.