Riot you want the Toxic Community to Stop?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeamWorkTom

11-18-2012

Bump

TeamWorkTom

11-18-2012

Hopefully the edit is better let me know.

Espectador

11-18-2012

U seem to still make the common mistake of relating skills with toxicity. U are asumming that ppl that is a jerk its a jerk cause they dont play the game well or dont understand concepts as team work . I reverse the equation and say that ppl that is a jerk can never learn temawork until they stop bieng jerks. Riot cant change magically the nature of the social interactions of North America server cuase its a micro system of North America patterns of behavior. PPl here plays in the way they live not backwards.
A jerk with better csing is a jerk with more gold not a good person .

TeamWorkTom

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espectador View Post
U seem to still make the common mistake of relating skills with toxicity. U are asumming that ppl that is a jerk its a jerk cause they dont play the game well or dont understand concepts as team work . I reverse the equation and say that ppl that is a jerk can never learn temawork until they stop bieng jerks. Riot cant change magically the nature of the social interactions of North America server cuase its a micro system of North America patterns of behavior. PPl here plays in the way they live not backwards.
A jerk with better csing is a jerk with more gold not a good person .
No I am not making this mistake. You make the assumption that I am talking about intentionally feeding trolls or afkers or those that don't care about the game at all.

There are many players that are considered toxic by other players simply because they don't know how to play the game, rage and blame everyone but them selves because they don't know what they are doing.

If Riot actually taught people how to play you would eliminate some of the player base. You also act as if this is a bad thing. How is Riot trying to up the knowledge of the general LoL player base bad? Your logic is pretty bad no offence.

Espectador

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamWorkTom View Post
No I am not making this mistake. You make the assumption that I am talking about intentionally feeding trolls or afkers or those that don't care about the game at all.

There are many players that are considered toxic by other players simply because they don't know how to play the game, rage and blame everyone but them selves because they don't know what they are doing.

If Riot actually taught people how to play you would eliminate some of the player base. You also act as if this is a bad thing. How is Riot trying to up the knowledge of the general LoL player base bad? Your logic is pretty bad no offence.
Making the point simple if a person plays bad and refuses to learn and get a toxic reaction the reaction is toxic not the level of skill . If one person plays badly u tell him how they are doing bad and they learn they are not toxic, if he does not learn and does say ty or says nothing he is not toxic he is just bad and will continue to be, if he teels u **** off dont patronize me he will likelly not be better person when he learn how to play.
As i say on top post i don't think there is a relation between skills and jerkiness , u think that mid or feed is product of not knowing roles or team comp i say that is a prodcut of an egotistic person that preffer ruining ppl games that not having the things running as he likes. U say that a video con solve that or some theoretical teaching i say that rarely will be the case.
U assume i think that ur idea is bad and i dont think so but i also dont think that will remove toxicity for this game

TeamWorkTom

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espectador View Post
U fail to realize that in the case that u post as an example the toxicity comes form the ppl that assumes that the bad player is a troll and reacts on an toxic manner with a person that is not a troll and is just having a bad game or does not know certain aspect of the game. Its not toxic to have bad cs its toxic someone raging at u for having bad cs.
Also i did not assume u were talking about trolls or afkers i just said that having ppl knwoing the basis of the game will not make toxic players be nice to them . And the ones that still know the game and fail one game ? the other palyers will still get mad at them surelly . What will u do in that case? .
Also im not saying its a bad thing that is a defensive assumption on your part.
Maybe im wrong but im inclined to think that this post is a variation of "if there are not noobs we the rangers will be good cause u know its their fault we rage. "
I can't understand what your saying... I am sorry. Your English is pretty bad and I have a reading disability so sorry.

But what I get is you don't want the general player base to understand how to play the game. That just sounds dumb.

Espectador

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamWorkTom View Post
I can't understand what your saying... I am sorry. Your English is pretty bad and I have a reading disability so sorry.

But what I get is you don't want the general player base to understand how to play the game. That just sounds dumb.
Well i edited and will keep it simple with my bad English . U say that there is a relation between skills and jerkiness i say that there is not . u say that a video will fix ppls reactions of toxicity i say no .
I don't say that ppl should not learn to play the game, that is ur assumption im just saying taht ur idea is not going to make jerks civilized ppl . Knwoledge and Ethics are not allways related.
I hope ur idea get approved and used and i hope helps with the toxicity problem but i doubt it. cya ty for ur time

TeamWorkTom

11-18-2012

Bump

Call Me Tek

11-18-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...9#post31531829
^^^^
Very relevant!

Huibrizzle

11-18-2012

Does no one watch the champion spot lights???

I think riot has been quietly trying to educate the people how to play since the riven release, giving rune advice and basic tactics, your issue is that there are ALOT of 12 year old mine crafters out there that simply want to do what they want to do and could careless how this game is "supposed" to be played.

Look at all the people that cry about the meta etc,