Riot you want the Toxic Community to Stop?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeamWorkTom

11-17-2012

bump

TeamWorkTom

11-17-2012

bump

TeamWorkTom

11-17-2012

bump

TeamWorkTom

11-18-2012

bump

AbdulRashid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamWorkTom View Post
Tribunal is not the solution.

People do the MID OR FEED stuff because they "main" roles. No one should ever "main" roles in this game.

You can have your best roles but then you should be good at all roles to better understand how each role is played so you can counter play it.

The Tribunal also does nothing but get people paranoid about bans and creates a community fearful of communicating.

If you teach people how to play its a start on how to get the community focused on improving their own play as well as their team play.
'maining' is prevalent in this game's greedy business model where you have to buy champions. then on top of that the toxic model of significant enough difference from runes, and masteries(levels). therefore, you are not encouraged to try different champions much so long as runes are expensive and matter, and so long as you have to buy champions.

champion diversity is not a problem in dota, you don't have to buy champions NOR runes.
2 days of playing dota 2 and i can already see myself playing 4 different champs, in league this cannot happen when you freshly reach lvl 30, you only have enough runes for 1 or 2 champs.

TeamWorkTom

11-18-2012

bump

TeamWorkTom

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulRashid View Post
'maining' is prevalent in this game's greedy business model where you have to buy champions. then on top of that the toxic model of significant enough difference from runes, and masteries(levels). therefore, you are not encouraged to try different champions much so long as runes are expensive and matter, and so long as you have to buy champions.

champion diversity is not a problem in dota, you don't have to buy champions NOR runes.
2 days of playing dota 2 and i can already see myself playing 4 different champs, in league this cannot happen when you freshly reach lvl 30, you only have enough runes for 1 or 2 champs.

Yea and that is pretty much the basis of the problem. Riot is going to have to change their model otherwise they are going to keep their toxic community and its going to slowly die.

I've been noticing Dota2 picking up a good 7k more viewers on twitch recently.

Of course teaching people this will lower the toxic community as well because they will know not to que for ranked till they have a decent champion pool.

TeamWorkTom

11-18-2012

bump

TeamWorkTom

11-18-2012

bump

TeamWorkTom

11-18-2012

Bump, edited the OP to hopefully sound better.