*UPDATED* Top 10 Solo Top Champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skury420 View Post
1) Yorick
2) Yorick
3) Yorick
4) Yorick
5) Yorick
6) Yorick
7) Yorick
8) Yorick
9) Yorick
10) Yorick

This. Anyone who doesn't mention Yorick in their post is not contributing to this thread. This guy has the top 10 about right.

Plasmetic

11-11-2012

I often solo top with Veigar or Xerath. Yes, their both super squishy early game but just listen:

~Veigar:
-Very high damage and very bursty late game.
-Early game is a pain in the *** but if you time his Q right you can minion farm super easy. When you get level 4 top lane is lost for your enemy.
-His sustain is complete ****, but if you can get your jungler to give you blue mid game then you'll do fine.
-Veigar does require ganks early game but later on, before roaming, he wont need it.

~Xerath:
-His Q is very good for minion farming.
-He may lack health, but does not lack range. Using his W on turret then E then finally Q should finish off anyone. You would come out of your W before your stun (E and Q combo) wears off.
-High damage ratio if you build AP early game instead of boots/health.

Suggestions:
Get a doran's ring for Veigar at first and a Doran's shield for Xerath. The shield provides armor for Xerath because most solo top's are AD. That gives you a small advantage the enemy.
Build normally after doran's shield for xerath. Build early game AP as fast as possible for veigar. Don't get boots til your doing alot of damage. Even if you have to sacrifice pushing top early game, it's worth it later on.

You're probably thinking "Your retarded for posting this ****"

I don't care if you don't think this works. Keep your smart *** remarks to yourself.

(NOTE: only pro xerath/veigar should attempt this. Games can go poorly if your not good with the champions i said above)

sonofzeal

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVelproSaint View Post
I read your request and i dont feel like explaining this in detail so i will just use a few words.

1. Renekton - best laning ever
2. Jayce - Poke, can duel
3. Lee Sin - Sustain/Aoe, can duel
4. Shen - global utility, sustain
5. Irelia - sustain, cc reduction
6. Gangplank - poke, global utitity
7. Cho Gath - sustain, cc, scaling ult
8. Darius - aoe dmg, pull, slow, true dmg ult (personally i think he is still OP)
9. Rumble - aoe, slows, great ult
10. Poppy - DAT passive
I'm rather tired of people overestimating Poppy's passive. It doesn't do what most people seem to think it does, and mostly just adds some extra tankiness against burst damage. If they're hoping to take down half your health in one big ult, it won't work nearly as well. But against stuff that's broken up into a series of attacks, it hardly does anything.

Now, I love Poppy, and I play her well, but her laning sucks. She's got no method of picking up CS without melee, no escapes, and absolutely devastating mana problems (one of the smallest mana pools in the game and terrible regen coupled with huge mana costs). I love her on Dominion, and I've done well on TT as well, but there's no way she could justify making a Top 10 list like this in SR. Her strength is late-game, full-build - but she pays for it through the nose in early laning. I doubt she'd make Top 20 in any objective list of top-laners.

PwnN00bsLikeBoss

11-16-2012

Id say in my most humble opinion
1) jax
2) olaf
3) yorick
4) irelia
5) vlad
The rest is the rest

AODRG

11-16-2012

Solo top champs really depend not only on how well you do, but also how well you can counter your enemy and avoid getting ganked easily. Then again...same could be said about the entire game.

Here's my list if you really care:

1.) Riven - Quick mobility and high damage. Can be easily countered, but if she gets an early lead it won't matter that much.
2.) Olaf - True damage + Attack speed steroid + free damage, life steal, and spell vamp. Can't go wrong.
3.) Darius - His ultimate is the best finisher move to date. Takes little true skill, but is also easily countered by simple tactics.
4.) Yorik - Has great survivability and can hone in on a kill even after he's dead. Plus he is a perfect counter to most top champs, especially those who rely on burst damage combos.
5.) Fiora - Quick attacks and easy to handle. Only problem is her low defensive stats.
6.) Malphite - High armor and can take most fighters head on and live to tell the tale. He also is very viable in team fights when needed.
7.) Shen - His global ultimate means he can split push and still support his team, and his Vorpral Blades can heal him much more than it leads on.
8.) Cho'Gath - High CC and health, as well as quick farming tools and high durability in lane. Problem is, he can fall short late game, especially if the enemy stacks health.
9.) Pantheon - His ability to assassinate any enemy and still survive for the next fight allows him to tackle most champs 1v1.
10.) Renekton - Quick burst abilities, moderate movement, and high survivability. Also can be difficult to counter pick.

ProSkills Feeder

11-17-2012

1)Shen - Awesome split pushing and op ultimate ability, he probably isn't the best champion for specific situations but you shouldn't have to worry too much about being counterpicked.

2)Nidalee - She has the built in "wards", excellent damage with her javelin throw, plenty of mobility, and just straight out raw damage in her cougar form. I personally love her and definetely think she deserves this spot amd could go on forever. Be bit careful about your matchup though.

3)Vladimir - His sustain is amazing, I can sit around the first 20 minutes without having to recall with this guy. Spamming his Tranfusion does massive damage and can be followed by Hemoplague. He's also amazing at farming and can escape most situations.

4)Jayce - Laning phase is op... this is an excellent duelling champion against just about every matchup. I can't say his teamfight is as good though which is why he isn't like #1. Still, a very deep champion with a lot to contribute.

5)Riven - The bane of all squishy champions. Although commonly known as the counter for squishy champions I believe she also does extremely well against bruisers. You better be a pretty dang good player or your in for a ride. She also snowballs like crazy.

6)Akali - I think we can all agree that there probably isn't a better 1v1 champion out there right now except maybe a fed Katarina. I absolutely love her Shadow Dance paired with her mark + slash burst combo. Her Twilight Shroud takes practice to use correctly but is undoubtedly worth taking the time to do so.

7)Malphite - Champions are banned for a reason. Malphite is banned for his incredible teamfight potential. His laning phase falls just slightly short against common matchups to be put any higher but his ultimate is da' bomb. He's also excellent at chasing with his q.

8)Rumble - He could probably be put higher on the list but for some reason I thought this was a good spot for him. His poke with e and anti-poke + mobility with w is fantastic against most matchups. But most of his damage comes from his trademark Flamespitter and The Equalizer. His ultimate in my opinion is one of the best in the game with it's long range and incredible damage.

9)Wukong - A very situational champion because of how easily he's counterpicked. On the other hand if you get a good matchup his trading will screw over the opponent in lane. But that's not even the thing that he does best. In teamfights his ultimate can completely change the game after knocking everyone up and taking out a signifigant part of their health.

10)Olaf - His poke/chase ability with q is pretty good espcially when paired with a Reckless Swing. Sustain on him is decent too with his built in lifesteal. Not much else to stay other than he just has a really good kit which is usable throughout the entirety of the game.

Honorable Mentions (In no particular order):
-Renekton
-Irelia
-Darius
-Singed
-Cho'Gath
-Lee Sin
-Yorick

Colinsworth

11-17-2012

I would say: Shen, Jax, Irelia, Olaf, Malphite, Yorick, Jayce, Darius, Vladimir, and Rumble. However, you obviously have to take in to account the team compositions of both teams when determining the best choice for the situation.

Phsic

11-17-2012

This thread needs more Cho'Gath, nom.

xShadow Scythe

11-28-2012

i was wondering should i get fiora or irelia

xShadow Scythe

11-28-2012

i was wondering which champin to get, fiora or irelia for solo top