Some jungle help needed please? :)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Insanityphr33k

02-05-2014

Hello, I'm insanityphr33k.

In season 3 I was a mid main, got to silver just as the S3 rewards came round. During preseason I continued to climb to about silver 2. Then I hit a wall where I just couldn't seem to climb, so i gave up for a bit, played other positions and alot of normals with friends.

Then the reset for solo queue came out, and i did all my promo's (mainly as support thresh/leona).

After that I kinda sat there and considered what i ACTUALLY wanted to main for S4, decided on jungo.

And right now I duo with a friend who's still learning the game, and we both got outta bronze and into silver 5 currently.

My current jungle roster is consisting of (in no order of preference)
Elise, Evelynn, Olaf, vi. (These are just what I've currently played with some success).
I practice lee sin in normal games, I dont feel particularly comfortable on him, as I feel I make alot of mistakes with him (missing Q's, ward jumping badly, etc etc.)

I have other potential junglers I havent played (nasus, dr. mundo, wukong, pantheon, xin zhao, etc etc) and I'm quite willing to learn more junglers.

What Im looking for help wise is stuff like jungle paths and/or little tips or secrets I'm missing like if I'm missing particular things that would hasten up my jungle clear.
I also feel that I gank quite poorly, especially in the case of olaf, where even at 6 all i really have is ghost to run in and just hope I land my Q.

In the last few days of playing with my buddy we have gone from B1 to silver 5, going about 11-2 in games.

And I guess runes+mastery setup might help.
on elise and eve I run 21/9/0 with hybrid reds, armor yellows, MR blues (soon to be AP blues) and AP quints.
Vi I go 21/9/0 with 6 APS reds and 3 armor pen. then seals of armor and mr glyphs, with AD quints.
and Olaf i go AD marks, armor seals, mr glyphs and AD quints, with 9/21/0.

So help me out?
Hopefully I'm not too long winded, I used to write alot in high school and I always tended towards typing too much.

Tl;Dr
I suck at jungling, please help.

MeesterDerk

02-05-2014

Jungling is arguably one of the hardest roles in the game. Many games can be decided by a good jungler. A good jungler is always aware of the map and has understanding of most-if not all-the champs and their potential so he knows when and when not to gank. Of course overall understanding of the game is also nice...

As for jungle champs, you want ones with strong gank synergy. Try to master 2 or 3 so you can change them up depending on your team comp. If you truly wish to MAIN jungle, I would say you need a solid tank, bruiser, and "assassin" jungle to compliment your teams. Rammus is an amazing champ, and an even better jungler. Everyone fears a rammus. He's easy to play and highly effective. You mentioned Vi, who is one of my favorite champs of all time, and also a fantastic jungler. She has good clear speeds AND great ganking... check and check. Shyvana is also a strong mix of these two champs, but I would suggest assuring lane gank synergy before picking her. While I'm on the subject: CC can make or break a gank. If your lanes don't have hard CC, I suggest you having some.

I'm tired AF so I might add to this later, but another thing I want to add before I go is that a good jungle should be an eye in the sky. Granted this is more advanced jungling, I try to keep the enemy jungle/river warded so I can be aware of their jungle's position. Call out their jungle if you see him. Ping that ****. Ping it 2 or 3 times. If you see their jungle and you're not farming or almost done with a camp, counter gank, or invade his jungle and get some of his goodies. Baiting also works wonders. If your mid lane runs into the mid brush when he's getting chased, you both can jump out at the unsuspecting mid laner. Work with your team, don't be shy.

Insanityphr33k

02-06-2014

Thank you!

MeesterDerk

02-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanityphr33k View Post
Thank you!
I'm glad that helped. But honestly, there's so much I could say about jungling. If you have questions about specific things you're especially having trouble with, just add to this thread. I'll be checking it and will be glad to answer any questions you have.