Urgot , the Dodo bird

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hightech

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2010

He is solid on TT.

If he's buffed into being decent on SR he will likely be top tier on TT, which I think would be awesome.

Cermet

10-04-2010

*Sheepishly raises hand*

I... um... play Urgot and like him a lot... The group I play with thinks he's a good addition to the team... And I don't think I'm super horrible... I think everyone just hates Urgot because he's overweight and doesn't have boobs

Xhieron

10-04-2010

So, what should be done? I for one really like the idea of Urgot, and I feel like his skills are unique, fun, and interesting; at the same time, however, Urgot seems to go in the same box with Teemo and Tryndamere: there's not a lot that he does where I can't think of someone else who can do it better.

One of my team's regulars plays Urgot from time to time, and I love laning with him. In teamfights, I've also seen our Urgot pull off some pretty twisted **** with his ult. As he put it to us, the point isn't really to kill one person or even survive, it's just to throw off their positioning to give our team the advantage. To be frank though, we also have very good communication, and so if Urgot ults, we're going to at least trade our Urgot for their MF (or whoever), and unfortunately that's usually a very good trade for us. Also, our Urgot tends to walk away from more ults than he'd probably admit. --But nine times out of ten, I'd rather that teammate play Rammus or Shen or Udyr. Urgot's fun to have, and he's nice for a change, but Udyr (that's the example in our team comp) outclasses him ten to one.

And our anecdotes are the exception. These are non-ranked games, sometimes against people who boggle the mind that they actually played enough games to make 30 and learned no more than they did. And we build the team knowing we've got Urgot. I've got a friend who rapes face with Teemo too--that doesn't make him good. Ultimately, late-game, Urgot is a one-trick pony who takes a lot of luck even with a skilled player to make the trick actually work.

So what do you do? Would it be enough (or too much) to change numbers? His AP ratios are good, notwithstanding the fact that like a lot of champs he's torn between AP and AD. Or does it take more than that? I for one think you could potentially break Urgot by doing something like causing his Acid Hunter to refresh the duration of Noxian. But even that is just going to improve his laning game, which is already good. Endgame is the hurting, and I have nothing for that.

Defloc

10-04-2010

Urgot is a Reverse Carry champion, he starts off great better than everyone else, but then is helpless endgame.

Ballocaust

10-04-2010

I'd like to share my opinion, but I'd rather let the sheep get Urgot buffed. Then he'd be easier to play like most of the other champs, and I could just faceroll my keyboard instead of using good positioning. I hate it when Riot makes us use strategy, and would rather them buff every fotm OP/UP champ based on "that one game you played yesterday with your friend and that Urgot like totally fed, seriously WTF dude."

Right now, basically? Playing Urgot requires too much skill and the correct team comp for him to be picked often, especially in solo queue. If you pick him every game, you're an idiot. But if you never pick him, you're also an idiot. If you have the deeps, a good Urgot will make sure they don't get away. "They" being anyone on the opposing team who deals enough damage to not be ignored.

But you guys are right, 5 BFs and boots isn't a legit build on Urgot, therefore he should be buffed. Support classes are stupid ("Morg does srs dmg stop calling her that!") and assists don't count.

kankle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2010

The fact is he isn't very good. If you don't get 1st blood and another kill with him early on you will def be worthless to your team. Hell, you might even be worthless if you are fed 5 kills

Cermet

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballocaust View Post
I'd like to share my opinion, but I'd rather let the sheep get Urgot buffed. Then he'd be easier to play like most of the other champs, and I could just faceroll my keyboard instead of using good positioning. I hate it when Riot makes us use strategy, and would rather them buff every fotm OP/UP champ based on "that one game you played yesterday with your friend and that Urgot like totally fed, seriously WTF dude."

Right now, basically? Playing Urgot requires too much skill and the correct team comp for him to be picked often, especially in solo queue. If you pick him every game, you're an idiot. But if you never pick him, you're also an idiot. If you have the deeps, a good Urgot will make sure they don't get away. "They" being anyone on the opposing team who deals enough damage to not be ignored.

But you guys are right, 5 BFs and boots isn't a legit build on Urgot, therefore he should be buffed. Support classes are stupid ("Morg does srs dmg stop calling her that!") and assists don't count.
I fully agree. Unlike other champions he's a set of skills, not an archetype. While most champions are pretty interchangeable (different flavours of tank still serve roughly the same job in a team battle, even if they play completely differently), Urgot requires a team composition that has skills to supplement his own. This makes him much more difficult to place, and why I think most teams just don't bother. His ult is also unique in that it requires a higher level of team coordination than you would regularly see in solo queue. I'm willing to bet that as players get accustomed to using him he'll start showing up in more competitive teams.