Urgot , the Dodo bird

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BJSV

10-04-2010

He is fun but theres not much he can do in a game.

Heathenl

10-04-2010

His ultimate has the potential to be awesome but in practice it doesn't really work out since it doesn't do enough to keep them in place. Its to easy to flash or "escape skill" back to safety. No real reason to pick him at the moment.

Daikaze

10-04-2010

If Q had an AP scaling option he'd be a decent champ. Basically, make his Q work like Katarina's ult where it takes either AD or AP based on which one will provide the most damage.

Soga no Tojiko

10-04-2010

i see more teemos than urgot, and i think urgot is better than teemo, at least his early game is good

xahhfink6

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerAnon View Post
I'm not sure what this comment means, as he's not similar to Mordekaiser at all really. Urgot is built around spamming his skillshot - one of his skills makes it lock on for huge range, and the other gives it a slowing effect. He also has another CC in his ult.

Morde is tough to kill with his passive, and deals a lot of AoE magic damage, with a single target ult that makes a ghost. His major failings are his complete lack of native CC and poor scaling with normal damage stats.

In any case, regardless of his performance on SR, I've actually had reasonable success playing him on TT. The early harass and kills can cripple the other team more easily with less players, and there's less time to recover from it - not to mention that farming has more innate risk, as you need to stray farther from your tower to be in xp range.

Just don't use his ult to commit suicide.
He's like mordkaiser in that he has naturally tanky stats, an insanely powerful early game, but is only useful while he keeps his level/gold lead on the opponents... late game with full item sets, neither stands a chance against other champs

Also: if they ever buff urgot I am buying the crabgot

LynCT

10-04-2010

1. hes ugly
2. hes fat
3. hes a robot with 6 legs

not surprise hes going to exiting

Suddenly Corgis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2010

he doesnt fit well with the skills of other champs :/ his ult is worthless unlike andromeda on HON. I really think hes a champ that didnt need to be in league of legends.

Aqualisk

10-04-2010

I main Urgot :X

I am solo queue however so that does change the dynamics. It's not uncommon for me to carry with him. To be an effective Urgot I suggest:

1) Take solo top (if you have a jungler.) This allows you keep the other team's second solo harassed and underfarmed. If it's a 2 v 1 lane you can score first blood easily. When you're 4 and they're 2, you can kill a lot of champs in 4 acid hunters.

2) Focus on damage early game. I prefer manamune and bloodthirster. This gives you solid damage and most carries cannot go toe to toe with you until much later in the game. Manamune also solves mana problems while giving you some damage.

3) Late game you should be building tank items. This is because your acid hunter does not scale well and focusing on more +damage is somewhat of a waste. Urgot can outlast a lot of people with lifesteal + his passive, but you have to be able to take hits for this to happen. Randuin, Sunfire, Atmas, and Banshees are all your friend.

4)Swap is a game changer. Don't just use swap to initiate. Swap enemies that are on your squishy team mates. If you're in danger swap the farthest enemy and start running the other way. Swap is also great for runners.

5) Your W sucks, but one point in it is always necessary. I find that W is only good for chasing down runners. Hopefully if you've the done above you have a lot of them so having 1 point in this skill is best. No more than 1 is really useful.

I hope this helps. He may not be a top tier pick for premade 5 v 5, but in solo queue it's entirely possible to win games with him.

Funster

10-04-2010

I have never seen Urgot played. Period. Ever.

TIomat

10-04-2010

I'm sure he'll get buffs eventually. Aside from his terrible scaling, he is very fun to play.