Urgot , the Dodo bird

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aymanh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2010

He going in a phase of
Extinction

i see him once a week or even less

and hard to manage your team with him.
correct me if i am wrong because when i am playing him i feel like so excluded from the team

(sorry for my bad english)

Jath

10-04-2010

I haven't seen him played once since a week after he first came out. Or at least around then. Last time I absolutely remember was August 28th, with me having a SN for **** matchmaking with him. Other than that, haven't seen him.

Tenant

Friend of Urf

10-04-2010

With the reception he's getting, he'll probably get buffs at some point.

That said though, personally, he's still fun to play.

Insozz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2010

I've played against him twice, ever. He just isn't good and, in my opinion, not that fun to play either...

Rhetorical Hippo

10-04-2010

You're largely right, he's very tough to place on team. He's like a really awkward, increasingly useless Mordekaiser with range.

Kirschtorte

10-04-2010

his early is awesome, one of the best of all champs, no doubt.
mid is decent.
but mid-late/late is just terrible. he scales so bad, that an Urgot needs to be insanely farmed and fed to be a threat mid/late.
keep in mind that the minions/kills he "steals" to be good would make other champs godly in the same match.
he is nothing but a waste of a spot in any imaginable lineup.

aymanh

10-04-2010

urgot should get Buff

DapperJope

10-04-2010

Good early/mid game, terrible late game. Since most games go past the 25 minute mark, I'd say we won't be seeing anything of Urgot until he's buffed.

OneEyedWenis

10-04-2010

It's sad because I find him really fun to play. His early game is decent but most smart players know to back up when you get hit with the grenade which hurts him quite alot.

After 15 - 20 min or so you might as well afk in the fountain though, you're pretty much only useful for your ult which is just suicide rocket grab and trying to grenade people for your passive.

IMO he needs on-hit abilities added to his q, a little more range on his autoattack, and his shield either needs to have better base absorption or scale with AD (since building him AP is lol)

Another buff which might be a little OP early on is if his acid hunter autolocked the nearest acid covered enemy champ if you didn't target anything with it. Since you have to use the mouse to move as well as aim it, it's very awkward in teamfights which is also a bit of the problem with him.

PerAnon

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Bruce View Post
You're largely right, he's very tough to place on team. He's like a really awkward, increasingly useless Mordekaiser with range.
I'm not sure what this comment means, as he's not similar to Mordekaiser at all really. Urgot is built around spamming his skillshot - one of his skills makes it lock on for huge range, and the other gives it a slowing effect. He also has another CC in his ult.

Morde is tough to kill with his passive, and deals a lot of AoE magic damage, with a single target ult that makes a ghost. His major failings are his complete lack of native CC and poor scaling with normal damage stats.

In any case, regardless of his performance on SR, I've actually had reasonable success playing him on TT. The early harass and kills can cripple the other team more easily with less players, and there's less time to recover from it - not to mention that farming has more innate risk, as you need to stray farther from your tower to be in xp range.

Just don't use his ult to commit suicide.