Where does Sejuani stand?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AU Freo

11-02-2012

So I recently tried playing a few games with the pig rider. In the three games I have played I went JUNGLE and scored:

12/2/21
10/2/19
6/1/9

Granted, they were only normals and not ranked, (though I feel I could've had the same outcome in ranked) I still feel like she has a decent place. I've never seen her played in any tournaments and very rarely in high ELO games, etc. Every ability has huge slow potential on them, even her auto attacks, making it very easy to gank, even if they flash, they're still easily catchable. On top of that a decent AoE stun. Why is she never used, she is seriously a very powerful champion.

CrystalisX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Sejuani doesn't stand. She simply sits on her pig/boar thing

Thessalonike

11-02-2012

tons of threads on sejuani

advanced search-sejuani-titles only

she is getting an adjustment.... "soon"

Intsikandy

11-02-2012

She has strong initiation, but is mostly an outrageously low late-game dps initiator, you can't exactly build damage with her off of jungle gold, and she has a hard time peeling, she can also be counterjungled to uselessness and will get beat out by any fast clearers, gankers, and duelists like shyvana, lee sin, dr. mundo, even amumu and nautilus can duel her.

So like any good jungler, you would try to deny her by making her:
1. Unable to gank
2.Unable to farm
3. Dead in the jungle

Her initial clears make her dangerously vulnerable, and her speed is not great, but she does have some early-mid game damage if she's a little ahead, but it's just low high-cooldown burst, which isn't reliable, and she definitely needs some tweaking.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Sejuani is a fine champion... just not for solo que. With the right team lacking CC and needing a heavy dose she's a great tank. Yi, Evelynn, Nidalee, Mordekaiser, vladamir all come to mind.

She's one of the better gankers in the game as far as CC goes, the problem is she has no damage. When ganking she can stick on a champion like stink on armpit. Problem is, in that extended time she does half the damage of Nautalis, Amumu, Rammus, Shen, Malphite, and most of tank junglers.

Its very unreliable to rely on your team to come in and dish out some damage, therefore is why she is highly regarded as underpowered. That and she has no natural tankyness and if her early game is debunked she's worthless all game long.

AeonTek

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalisX View Post
Sejuani doesn't stand. She simply sits on her pig/boar thing
Technically she does stand when she dances. ;P

TeknoWizard

11-02-2012

She's a tank that needs a lot of items to get tanky. It's not that she's BAD persay, but there are people who do her job better, with less item reliance. Like Nautilus.

Thessalonike

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intsikandy View Post
She has strong initiation, but is mostly an outrageously low late-game dps initiator, you can't exactly build damage with her off of jungle gold, and she has a hard time peeling, she can also be counterjungled to uselessness and will get beat out by any fast clearers, gankers, and duelists like shyvana, lee sin, dr. mundo, even amumu and nautilus can duel her.

So like any good jungler, you would try to deny her by making her:
1. Unable to gank
2.Unable to farm
3. Dead in the jungle

Her initial clears make her dangerously vulnerable, and her speed is not great, but she does have some early-mid game damage if she's a little ahead, but it's just low high-cooldown burst, which isn't reliable, and she definitely needs some tweaking.
you are slightly off imo.

her initial clear does not make her vulnerable her inability to duel does. her speed as in ms is as good as roughly 70% of the champion and why does everyone think champions that are prone to counter jungle are played by summoners that don't know this? you think i always start blue because of her mana? sejuani has just enough umph to run backwards. if I am sure you are going to counter jungle, i'm simply going to switch places with you. btw you can't make sejuani useless. you can't.

she does what she does at every level and rank. sejuani can't duel well so you are not stopping that, she doesn't damage well so you are not stopping that either. so what's left? initiation and cc. rank 1 or 3 her ultimate has a 2 and 1 stun at 1150 range with the burst. "e" still slows for 3 seconds at 1000 units. even behind she has arguably the safest initiation the game... safest behind and safest ahead.

Niiko The Goat

11-02-2012

I only played against her once, since it was a low level match we didn't have a jungle and she was their jungle, she got kinda fed and eventually she became so tanky, oh so tanky, she would kill any of us 1v1 because we did less damage than her and the frost wouldn't let you run away once you realized it was a lost cause.

hamstersurprise

11-03-2012

needs a buff, imo