Fix your TT problems here! Tips on how to win and be EXTREMELY successful.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasterL33t

11-02-2012

3s = 3v3
5s= 5v5
Dom = Dominion

Don't forget to post questions! I'll answer them all the best i can.
If you think there's a topic i need to go over, please let me know.
I will be updating this thread for more topics to hopefully help people pull themselves out of the 3v3 gutter!

This is stated again in the post, but i've played around 20-30 games. Lost maybe 5.

-PEOPLE FEAR CHANGE
-KNOWING HOW TO LINE UP A TEAM
-RAGING
-RECOVERING FROM RAGE
-SNOWBALLING
-OP CHAMPIONS
-UNEXPERIENCED PLAYERS
-TEAMWORK
-SUMMONER SPELLS
-FIND YOUR HYPER CARRY
-INTERNET CONNECTIONS/COMPUTERS/LAPTOPS
-FIND OUT IF YOU'RE LAGGING BEFOREHAND
-GRABBING ALTARS
-CAN'T SEEM TO SCORE VILEMAW (SPIDER)
-WHAT CHOICE OF BOOTS

PEOPLE FEAR CHANGE
-Because of this, they're instantly intimidated by the map. This may sound silly, but i know it's fact. Why? Because i've felt it too. Get over the map intimidation. You need to go into EVERY match with the feeling of 'i can win this.' Play the map, don't let it play you.

KNOWING HOW TO LINE UP A TEAM
-You NEED to learn what champs work well together and what champs don't work well together. I don't understand why people dont understand this. This is the same concept that goes for Dom and 5s games. People who hit higher level ranked statuses always analyze their team before hitting the lock-in button. If everyone could play whatever champion they wanted with whatever champions their teammates picked, the game would have no point. There's different classes/rolls for a reason. Tanks/support/ADC/APC/jungler, etc.
I've played around 20-30 games of the new TT so far. Loved every minute of it. I've lost around 3-5 games. About it.
-On a side note, in the past 15 games of Dominion, i've lost maybe 3. If my team isn't full of people who insta-lock their favorite champion right off, i'll start directing people the best i can in a positive and nice manner to what types of rolls we need. It also makes it easier for me to do because im a bot lane player. People generally go top and aren't big on bot so this always works well for me. How many stuns, snares, shields, buffs, stealthies, etc do you have? What's everyones summoner spells? Too much squish? - let people know a bruiser or two is needed and you'd love it if someone would switch it up! Throw out helpful comments. If you truly feel as though you dont want to go into the game with the line up you have, dodge the game. Who cares? Dodge THREE times if you want. I know Riots against this but screw that. I'd rather have people dodge on me than have them rage from the very start and cost me the game.

RAGING
-Don't get me wrong, i've done it too.. But as i like to say, STAYING POSITIVE is better than any item you can get in the shop. Raging happens often when a team is losing. Fingers start to be pointed in /all. They're both small, the old and new 3s map so more action is happening in these games right off. This creates fast rages.

RECOVERING FROM RAGE
-If you do happen to start, APOLOGIZE before it gets out of hand. Not everyone will be willing to accept your apology, but a lot will. Sometimes this starts a new feeling between the team members and creates an even stronger bond throughout the team. I've seen it happen. Been there, be nice. (:

SNOWBALLING
-I'm seeing a lot of complaining about once a team gets into their groove, they dominate on the new Twisted Treeline. Analyze the problem. What champions are you picking? All squish? Everyone whos successful knows you can't do that. I've played many games with friends who play squish support champs on the new TT and we win constantly - so i know squish champs aren't underpowered. Just don't pick ALL squish champs.. That's.. extremely unsmart. I've turned the tides from being somewhat smashed in the beginning-mid. You CAN turn it around. Again, positive attitudes, team work and NOT over extending will certainly add a chance. The term "feeding" was created for a reason. If you're craving an item and over extend to a mob of minions to score 100-200 gold, look at your surroundings first. Where's your enemies, do you even know? Are your teammates dead? If a fight breaks out, are your teamies close enough to join in? Remember, exp and tons of gold can be found not only from lanes but jungle creatures and your altar as well. These two combined add a lot of gold. Scoring the altar on your side shouldn't be a huge problem. (sometimes it can be but that's just how the game goes. It's called being competitive)

OP CHAMPIONS
-Rengar, Darius, Amumu, Xin, Jax, Teemo, Tryn etc.
Im seeing a lot of people complaining about Rengar especially. Seriously? I havent encountered a Rengar i haven't murdered yet. Im sure i just jinxed myself, but seriously, no Rengar has given me problems in 3s so far.
I play against teams that really do have the odds in their favor and i've still beaten them.

UNEXPERIENCED PLAYERS
-Please realize that not everyone knows what every champion does quite yet. This may even include yourself! TT is intense and skills are being used 24/7.

TEAMWORK
-Just like any map, if there's no teamwork, you won't win.
Listen to each other, always shout out when a mia is needed and ping! These are all techniques to win!

SUMMONER SPELLS
-EVERYONE should carry a flash. This map loves it. LOVES it.
After everyone has flash, decide what you may be missing.
Remember, if you think you need heal, only ONE person should grab it. More than one can sometimes work against you. If you feel like it works for you, awesome! But as for me, i feel like once two heals are popped back to back, they melt those heals, the life that was gained and i wish i had rather picked an exhaust or something to get away so i didn't have to heal in the first place.
Here's some setups to try out:

-Everyone flash
-Two ignites
-One heal

or

-Everyone flash
-One ignite
-Two exhausts

Have you ever rocked people and had them get away by just a hair? Have they ever escaped by 10-100 health? Irritates you, right? Even if they ghost away from you, flash dominates. Not only is flash useful for abusing in the manner of dodging skill shots, but when someones running away from you, flash will allow you to cut corners. Try flashing corners. Flash isn't all about jumping walls. Flash allows you to teleport instantly as where ghost only allows you to ATTEMPT to get to the area you want to get to. I know for a fact you've popped ghost, started bolting towards your weakened opponent only to be skill shot in the face with a snare/stun. Congrats, your ghost was worthless and wasted. Flash WILL put you were you want to be. Try it out!!
Also, flash confuses people in team fights. They'll see the blink and from that moment on, are FORCED to find you. Sometimes it's obvious, sometimes it's not.. But flashing INTO bushes confuses people. You literally disappear from the fight. Flash is also nice if you're being focused. You can't ghost away from being focused. Someone WILL exhaust or slow you. Always assume they will. Ghost doesn't speed you up enough if you're exhausted. Flashing away will allow you to dodge skillshots/being focused and forces the enemy team to start targeting someone else on your team. By that time, they've wasted at least 1-2 of all their champion skills. Meaning they can't put a complete output on their next closest target.

Ghost isn't needed on this map as much as it is on 5s. 5s games love ghost. It helps set up amazing plays.

FIND YOUR HYPER CARRY
My hyper carry for TT is Xin. I love him to death, i have a rune page i use every time for him and have masteries set up to how i think he needs to be built. There's so many options to pick from when picking champions. Play them ALL until you find what you like best. I promise you, promise you, PROMISE you, there's a champion out there for you.
Are you a ranged player? In your face player? Support player? FIND HIM OR HER. <33 (Hypercarry means something different to everyone - i use it in the sense of this champion gives me about a 80% win chance because he or she fits my playstyle)
-Dom hyper carry - Heimer
-5s hyper carry - Twitch
(if you were curious)

INTERNET CONNECTIONS/COMPUTERS/LAPTOPS
I live in the mountains and my internet connection is TERRIBLE at times and happens without a warning.
Ever play with 15 FPS or lower or a bad internet connection? Yeah, not the best... This happens to a lot of people. Not everyone has the best specs for playing games. It's not their fault though. Technology is expensive and to be honest, no ones going to admit that they're playing terribly because of their set up. Try not to rage over someone d/cing. Trust me, they're pissed off too.

FIND OUT IF YOU'RE LAGGING BEFORE HAND
-Throw yourself into a bot game and play for at least 10 minutes! If you see a big group of bots together, RUN TOWARDS THEM. Sometimes your connection will be fine but once too many bots/players are in the same area, you suffer big time.
-You can also tell how bad you're lagging by adding bots to your game. Does it take a long time for the bot to add to the roster once you hit that + sign to add a bot to your game? If the bot adds quickly, as soon as i hit the + sign, my internet is generally fine.

GRABBING ALTARS
-Are you and your team getting ganked EVERY time you try for your altar even on your side? Here's how you can up your chances!
-If you've ever noticed, there's a few bushes right next to the altar. ABUSE IT. Altars are captured pretty fast. That being said, it only takes one person to snag it. Two if you want to rush it but NEVER three. Ever.
Have one or two of you hide in the bushes right next to it while one of your teammates capture the altar. This is also a great luring trap. What enemy team doesn't wanna gank someone all alone? ;] Little do they know, the rest of your buds are chillin' right next to you.

CAN'T SEEM TO SCORE VILEMAW (SPIDER)
Tips:
-Level 13
-Know your surroundings
-Not just anyone can start the fight
You can kill the spider with minor difficulty around level 10. Not a very good idea unless you KNOW you can snag it.
Here's my strat to a successful spider smashing:
Everyone get to at least level 13 but keep a CLOSE EYE on the spider at all times. To do this, just make sure you know where your enemy team is. Just because you're waiting for around 13 doesn't mean your enemies will. Once you guys hit around level 13, group up and go in for a gank! All you need is ONE of them down, you don't need to win a team fight. Once you've ganked one of your enemies AS A TEAM, PING THE HELL OUTTA THAT SPIDER. Let your team know thats your next goal. Unless there's a tower that can easily be downed after ganking, there's no excuse for not heading to the spider next. The reason why i wait till level 13 is because the enemy team is generally the same level as you. At level 10, the spawn timer is still pretty small. Level 13, it's decently longer allowing you more time to accomplish your new mission.
I also can't tell you how many times i've seen players initiate the Vile fight who shouldn't. Someone with lifesteal or tankyish should always start the fight out at low levels. Not that the squish players couldn't handle it until the retreat of the spider, but what if the other two enemy teammates come after you once they realize you and your friends are up there? If that happens, you need everyone with as much health as possible so you can either run from the spider area to avoid any deaths or being able to handle the two that come your way. Makes sense, right?

WHAT CHOICE OF BOOTS
-I know this may be extremely silly for some people, but i know others have questions about it. It's fairly easy. I feel as though the only map that doesn't demand specific boots are Dominion. In fact, i love Boots of Mobility and Boots of Swiftness on Dominion. As for TT though, the only boot choices i limit myself to are Mercury's Treads or Ninja Tabi boots. On the 3s map, especially the new one, you're taking damage constantly, team fights are always breaking out and ganking occurs a lot. The teams only consist of 3 people on each. Here's my simple rules for picking the right boots!

If you're playing an ADC(melee)/bruiser ie: Wu, Darius, Xin, Jax, etc:
-If two enemy champions are AP, the obvious choice is Mercury's Treads.
-If two enemy champions are AD, the obvious choice is Ninja Tabi boots.

If you're playing an AP/APC ie: Malz, Lux, Brand, Kayle, etc:
-Depends what the enemy team comprises of, but the usual choice is Mercury's Treads. Why? Because if you're playing AP you're USUALLY a ranged type champ. To become pro, you need to learn to stay clear and know when to dip out and in of team fights in order to remove yourself from being targeted by the enemy bruisers/range. Once you've become proficient in your team fights with your ranged AP champ, you won't be taking much damage except for ranged attacks that come your way. Again, most ranged attacks are AP based. Yes, you have Cait, Graves, Miss Fortune and other AD champs that have obvious AD based ranged attacks, but armor is easier to get through items than magic resist is. Mercury's Treads are an easy way to make sure you DO have a small bit of MR added to your build.

If you're playing a TANK champion ie: Blitz, Amumu, Cho, Singed, Rammus:
-Usually Mercury Treads will be your best choice no matter what. If you've ever noticed, it's extremely easy to gain armor through items. (Sunfire Cloak is one of my favorites - Not only does it give you a ton of health, it gives a lot of armor and even adds to your DPS by hitting ALL enemies around you with a small magic AoE) - (PLUS YOU LOOK BAD ASS! YOU'RE ON FIRE)

If you're playing an ADC range ie: Cait, Graves, Ashe, Ezreal:
-Mercury's Treads once again. Unless their entire team is comprised all AD champs, i usually go Mercury's Treads. If you've noticed, most ADC range champs have a skill to get away or an AoE slow.
Cait has traps and can also shoot a net to slow her enemies and push herself further from whomever is putting her life in danger.
Graves can confuse you with his gas canister, tunnel visioning his opponents as well as dash away from them.
Ashe has an amazing AoE (directional) freeze-arrow slow and an anti-fog of war map skill. It has a decently long CD but you can check bushes and almost the entire TT map.
Ezreal has his own personal flash built into him!
Miss Fortune doesn't have anything like these champions do but she has a skill you can target on the ground in a decently big circle. Anyone walking through this circle will be slowed. This is also why i tell everyone to pick flash up for a summoner skill. Slows/stuns+flash are some of my favorite get-away combos. (Miss Fortune is EXTREMELY fast though. Her passive boosts her movement speed and you only get faster and faster.)

These are also all based off of players who play well. If you're losing, analyze why. Are you face-checking bushes? Are you venturing deep into the jungle alone, far from your teamies? Are you trying to capture the enemies altar by yourself? These are all massive TT 'nonos'.

All in all, i absolutely love the new TTT. (teamwork twisted treeline)
5s games doesn't even demand this much team work.
I do think that some items may be a little OP and need some switching up, but i haven't analyzed the items enough yet to comment on them fully. I will be looking into it though and state what i think might need to be changed.

Good luck summoners. Stay positive no matter what happens and remember to always state "gg wp" after ALL matches. Even after a loss.

Riven Bt

11-02-2012

Good tips mate.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

How to kill Olaf? he can 1v3 with barely any problem and if he builds smartly then his teammates cana ctually afk because he'll solowin the game, so, disable him ? or nerf him?

mastersmash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Ghost is much better than flash on the new 3s. There are no good walls to get through, I roll with ghost and catch ppl within a second or two after flash (out of a 10 sec ghost).

Flash WAS better. Not any more.

MasterL33t

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
How to kill Olaf? he can 1v3 with barely any problem and if he builds smartly then his teammates cana ctually afk because he'll solowin the game, so, disable him ? or nerf him?
Infirc, Olaf is extremely easy to deal with. If you can refer to my summoner spells section, it's all about ignites and exhaust. If you ignite him, his self healing/lifesteal will be minimal. Ignite cutes any champs lifesteal down by a LOT. Also, dont be afraid to exhaust two people at the same time in a team fight. If a singed, olaf and darius is running at your face and you know a team fight is coming, kill Darius first. You need to get rid of his DPS. His ulti is mean!! (as you know) So once the fight breaks out, everyone should target Darius, as well as exhaust that Singed and Olaf. Once Darius has been focused down, go after Olaf. Singed always last because he does no damage at all. He has some nice CC but no sustaining CC at all. He can't stun, he can't snare. He can only slow and flip you away a short distance. Just remember to not chase singed!! EVER. If you know for a FACT you can kill him, do it. If you're even slightly weary about it, let him run off. Feed off of his other teammates. (: I truely think Olaf doesn't need to be nerfed.

MasterL33t

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riven Bt View Post
Good tips mate.
Thank you, sir. (:

MasterL33t

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersmash View Post
Ghost is much better than flash on the new 3s. There are no good walls to get through, I roll with ghost and catch ppl within a second or two after flash (out of a 10 sec ghost).

Flash WAS better. Not any more.
Mastersmash, i will definitely have to disagree with you. Seems like you're not 100% aware of what flash can do. Have you ever rocked people and had them get away by just a hair? Have they ever escaped by 10-100 health? Irritates you, right? Even if they ghost away from you, flash dominates. Not only is flash useful for abusing in the manner of dodging skill shots, but when someones running away from you, flash will allow you to cut corners. Try flashing corners. Flash isn't all about jumping walls. Flash allows you to teleport instantly as where ghost only allows you to ATTEMPT to get to the area you want to get to. I know for a fact you've popped ghost, started bolting towards your weakened opponent only to be skill shot in the face with a snare/stun. Congrats, your ghost was worthless and wasted. Flash WILL put you were you want to be. (: Try it out, man.

Keegstar

11-03-2012

yea this map cant be taken seriously. bruisers are WAY to strong and there is no real way to stop them with the map being SO small and a speed buff mid, it just makes it far to easy for them to get easy ganks with no walls to escape over for a squishy.

MasterL33t

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegstar View Post
yea this map cant be taken seriously. bruisers are WAY to strong and there is no real way to stop them with the map being SO small and a speed buff mid, it just makes it far to easy for them to get easy ganks with no walls to escape over for a squishy.
Exactly why i spam the word 'teamwork' all over the place, mate. Bruisers definitely dominate but look at ANY map on LoL. I know you've never been on a team without at least 1-2 bruisers. They're needed. They're the ones that can sustain and stay in fights and throw out decent DPS.
I admit, i'm a Xin player but my friends i play with, they roll squish all the time and we still smash other teams. I've gone up against teams with Darius, Singed, Cho, Xin, Amumu, Rammus, teams comprising of nothing but these champs and still owned them with a squish on my side. It's all about the skill level of who you're with and knowing how your mates play-style is like.

If i could, i'd keep Riot from changing this new map. I love everything about it.
Everything that's given to the enemy team, the speed buff in the middle, alters, Vilemaw, they're all open for you as well. There's nothing OP about the teams you're play against except they have a higher skill level than you. Just takes practice. I'm also about to hit my 1,100 win. I've had my share of games. That's my total wins from putting 3s, 5s and Dom games together.

mastersmash

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterL33t View Post
Mastersmash, i will definitely have to disagree with you. Seems like you're not 100% aware of what flash can do. Have you ever rocked people and had them get away by just a hair? Have they ever escaped by 10-100 health? Irritates you, right? Even if they ghost away from you, flash dominates. Not only is flash useful for abusing in the manner of dodging skill shots, but when someones running away from you, flash will allow you to cut corners. Try flashing corners. Flash isn't all about jumping walls. Flash allows you to teleport instantly as where ghost only allows you to ATTEMPT to get to the area you want to get to. I know for a fact you've popped ghost, started bolting towards your weakened opponent only to be skill shot in the face with a snare/stun. Congrats, your ghost was worthless and wasted. Flash WILL put you were you want to be. (: Try it out, man.
I have. Like I said it WAS better. I clung to it my first few games as well. But I have had a lot more success with ghost (had a full match history of wins, 10 in a row, just yesterday, all with ghost) Here is a few more reasons I believe ghost is better.

First of all, shorter walls aren't the only reason I believe the new map favors ghost. Its also the pushed back towers, and the altars. The towers are so much further back that most of the time my enemies have nowhere to flash to, so they just flash last resort when they are down to 100 hp and we can just chase them down. Then there are the altars. You see ghost can be considered almost a mix between teleport and flash. If you use 5 sec of your ghost to get to and defend an altar, you still got 5 sec to chase and destroy.

Secondly, you can improve it with the Summoners wrath mastery, needing only one point to improve your ghost up to 35% run speed (and improve your ignite/exhaust). If you land 1 slow before they blink, you will have almost twice their MS, allowing you to catch them quite quickly. Most group fights on the new 3's are so deep in the jungle and so far from the turrets, I have chased down people with flash and a blink ability with just ghost.

Also, there is the cool-down. The cool down of blink is much longer, meaning if you get into a rough fight with your lane partner, and you both use your summoner spells, you can just use sprint like a timer. Soon as its up u got somewhere around 50 sec to attack knowing blink is down.

Finally there is the ultimate cockblock, the fail blink. I know were all like super pros and stuff and we never ever fail blink (cough cough), but the truth is it happens to everyone sometimes, that's a 265 cool-down you just pissed away. Ghost is fail proof.

In conclusion, you are right. It is irritating when someone escapes with 10-100 hp, but most of the time that my enemies (or me) does something like that, its with ghost.
Like i said I have been very successful recently in 3v3, so just agree to disagree I suppose!