Zed's loremakes no sense

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mirth The Bard

11-07-2012

This raises a lot of questions, indeed, but I don't feel as though the lore itself is inaccurate yet, one just need look at it as it stands by making exceptions to what is now said in Zed's lore for what isn't brought up but not necessarily untrue in Shen's lore. I would hope Riot wouldn't rework Shen's lore, and Zed's lore as it stands is neat in my opinion, they just may need to add some clarifying lines to Shen's to note that his father was the head of his clan.

MasqureMan

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eletale View Post
Please ignore the spacebar typo in the title.

Shen's father was brutally tortured in order to make Shen the Eye of the Twilight, so it doesn't make much sense the head of the ninja clan could be that same person.
Also, it makes no sense considering that they're focused on not feeling anything in order to accomplish their mission, that they'd banish Zed just like that. They should have either forced Zed to accept balance via torture, brainwashing or whatever that works, or simply kill him.
Finally, that conveniently placed box of mystical forbidden dark skills... really, if it could be destroyed as the master said (which by the way was awfully nice for the head of a clan who forced his own son cast away his emotions), then it being there in some random place with zero vigilance is just stupid.
So you think emotionless ninjas should have killed, tortured, or brainwashed someone rather than exile them? I think removing someone from their environment, like removing emotion from your judgement, is much more characteristic of them.

Zaenos

11-08-2012

I think there's a pretty simple answer to this:

Shen (and Zed)'s clan, and the order of the Kinkou, are two different things.

It's really the only way Shen's story makes sense in the first place, given the line, "Born to a clan whose members have decorated the ranks of the Kinkou for generations", and the fact that a three-person group could hardly be justified as a clan.

Elite Midget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

The Kinkou aren't a clan, they're a combination of many clans from all over the island state. It's why Akali isn't of the same clan as Shen or why they aren't relatives at all. Though that may also be because Riot is smart enough to leave shipping hints in for shippers to lust over.