Zed's loremakes no sense

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elite Midget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyj101 View Post
incoming rework!
No... They're going to murder Shen, Akali, and Kennen's lore too!

Lithillya

11-01-2012

I'm not sure I see the problem. Shen's father was tortured, not killed. Why wouldn't he be able to continue as leader of a clan after that?

Grand Viper

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killchrono View Post
I'm wondering if this is going to be a test of character for Shen. It's one thing to watch your own father be tortured, but to be confronted by his murderer, it's bound to stir up some emotion.

I'm not saying he's going to have a complete breakdown and that they'll about-face with his character - Shen's one of my favorite champions gameplay-wise and flavor-wise, and part of the appeal is his seemingly infinite self-control, so I wouldn't want to see that aspect changed. But imagine, even if he so much as wavers or shudders in a hint of rage...that'd be a big deal for someone who didn't blink when his own father was being tortured in front of him.

I could easily see a story arc where Shen tries to convince himself he's bringing Shredd-I mean, Zedd to justice for the sake of balance, but deep inside he knows it's more personal than he wants to admit. I reckon that'd be a good compromise without having them do a complete about-face on his character.
But if he does that, he no longer is the Eye of Twilight. That's why he can't let emotions cloud his judgement. He can't afford to have any form of personal vendetta against the Zedder.

So, as the Eye of Twilight? He can't show a flicker of emotion. And truth be told, I think there'd be as much of an emotional prompt (If not more) from watching someone you love be tortured in front of your eyes to them being decapitated. With the torture, did he know that his father would live it, and even then, how long would it take before the screams of your father would make you blink? Shen literally didn't blink. With the decapitation, all things considered, it's brutal but not lasting pain. Zed didn't work up from the fingers to the wrists to the arms to the clavicle to the xiphoid process, it was essentially chop chop. If Zed went on and tortured him to death before killing him, that's and would be a bigger, "Okay that's a little extreme I can see why even Shen could twitch at that."

(Edit: Tortured to death before killing him? Jesus Christ I really am making him sound like a cartoon villain.)

For Shen, if he were to give up the title of Eye of Twilight? Different story entirely. Then that's a question: Give up the title and do what he feels is right, but is a completely personal note to him, or continue maintaining the Balance and know that with how the Zedder is heading, he will fight the Kinkou to essentially get massacred by the Ninja Triumvirate?

Seriously, Fist of Shadows, I can imagine Akali punching him in his shadow groin and successfully making him keel over.

"Tonight, I dine on Yordle soup!"
-The Zedder

Zkaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

The story is a little fishy to me anyway. Why did Zed scream out in agony? I think the master tried to pull a fast one and got killed for it.

Elite Midget

11-02-2012

Zed learned that the Box was a Lie.

Summoner Abyss

11-02-2012

For some reason this has the Star wars jedi / sith feeling to it.

Kinvaras666

11-02-2012

He was tortured.

Not tortured to death.

He was the freaking master of a ninja clan, you think he can't take a little torture?

Eletale

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkaiser View Post
The story is a little fishy to me anyway. Why did Zed scream out in agony? I think the master tried to pull a fast one and got killed for it.
Sorry to tell you this, but I already figured out this part of the story. You can find the details in this post

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2752488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
He was tortured.

Not tortured to death.

He was the freaking master of a ninja clan, you think he can't take a little torture?
Its weird for a high ranking officer to be the one tortured. It's weird that they'd expose the future Eye of the Twilight to rivalry. It's weird they just banished Zed just like that, considering he had forbidden powers that threatened balance. It's weird that for someone who was cruel enough to expose his out so to see his father's torture in order to make sure he was emotionless, he'd just tell Zed he was wrong and wishes him to come back (though that last part can be related to the strange scream, somehow).

Kinvaras666

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eletale View Post
Its weird for a high ranking officer to be the one tortured. It's weird that they'd expose the future Eye of the Twilight to rivalry. It's weird they just banished Zed just like that, considering he had forbidden powers that threatened balance. It's weird that for someone who was cruel enough to expose his out so to see his father's torture in order to make sure he was emotionless, he'd just tell Zed he was wrong and wishes him to come back (though that last part can be related to the strange scream, somehow).

Its all part of a plan.

Shen's father knew what would come to happen. He made the ritual of his own torture to test if Shen was strong enough to what was coming (his death and massacre of the clan by Zed's hands)

Shen and his order preserves balance, right?
Every good ninja knows there is no balance without evil.

Banishing Zed to make him become an evil master of shadows was part of making balance.

Shen's father was waiting Zed's return. The "please come and destroy the box" was staged, he knew Zed would never forgive him and destroy the box.

Really, you underestimate the power and knowledge of a clan's master.

Raisu

11-06-2012

Throwing the "master staging everything" speculation away...

The Takanu, a Kinkou trial for the one that is to become the Eye of Twilight, is a test of resolve where the person to become the Eye of Twilight must watch his/her own father be tortured. During this, any display of emotion would result in failure.

That said, regardless of who is to become the Eye of Twilight, and who that person's father is, it happens in that way. Shen was the one to become the Eye of Twilight. Which meant that Shen's father, regardless of his rank as master was the one to be tortured.

Does the fact that it was the master being tortured mean it was staged? No.
Does it really surprise you people that there was no special treatment for Shen's father being the master? It shouldn't.
----------------------------------------------------

Adding more when i return...