Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Skillshot changes (no longer for this patch)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShroomAnator

11-02-2012

Quote:
Wiksy:
Some additional context on this: We found out that previously the math was flawed in that a champion's model size was taken into consideration only if the missile was hitting from the side, but not from the front. This means that previously if you shoot a skillshot right at an enemy, it would only hit when it hit the center of the target; but if you aim it at target's side it would hit if it touches the target's bounding circle. This was pretty inconsistent.

We changed it so that it will always use the target's bounding circle, but this means the potential reach of a skillshot is extended, and we have to slightly reduce the range of skillshots.

This explains why, for example if your dodging Lux's ultimate by moving upwards. You would still be hit by it even if you should have been out of it's range.

Also curious but, can you list what champions are effected by size changes and skill shots changed.

Nohre

11-02-2012

Poor Cho'gath :'(

PressF1

11-02-2012

All I hear is "teemo is getting buffed in the next patch"

itBourne

11-02-2012

I hope this fixes Lux ult, the hit box on that thing is beyond screwed up, doesnt hit when it should and does when it shouldnt. Idk what patch messed it up, but its definitely buggy and frustrating.

Oyxl

11-02-2012

I dodged on of those against Lux as well and it still hit me straight in the face. I just thought I was lagging :P

Khantemplation

11-02-2012

TL:DR
Tank Cho is getting buffed, Carry cho is getting nerfed.

ZinjaNombie

11-02-2012

Quote:
Wiksy:
Some additional context on this: We found out that previously the math was flawed in that a champion's model size was taken into consideration only if the missile was hitting from the side, but not from the front. This means that previously if you shoot a skillshot right at an enemy, it would only hit when it hit the center of the target; but if you aim it at target's side it would hit if it touches the target's bounding circle. This was pretty inconsistent.

This explains so much

Lovedoll1984

11-02-2012

Quote:
In order to retain the current gameplay we have on the Live servers, we've had to slightly reduce the range of most skillshots since targets are effectively slightly bigger and thus slightly easier to hit.

Will this mean that Nidalee's javelin throw will have a lower max dmg?
Or will you boost her numbers if you are decreasing the max range?

Darmikau

11-02-2012

Can't wait to see what kind of ridiculous new bugs this introduces.

Can't wait to miss tons of kills as Lee because I was rewarded for taking the time to learn the exact, explicit range on his Q that's now been altered.

At least the game is slowly getting more consistent.

Lux Eternus

11-02-2012

Quote:
Statikk:
This only affects line missiles / projectiles. Xerath and Lux actually just deal damage in a rectangular area.

So the Lux ult bug won't be fixed by this?