Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Skillshot changes (no longer for this patch)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Opreich

11-01-2012

Any updates on the Pathing problems?

Rekka777

11-01-2012

There is a weird way the game handles skill shots that are cast/thrown from a higher elevation to a lower elevation and vice-versa, will this effect that in any way?

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-01-2012

Quote:
KevinDelMarr:
What does this mean for a Champion like Xerath or Lux, who have linear skillshots that technically have an infinite missle speed (can't dodge once cast is finished)?

This only affects line missiles / projectiles. Xerath and Lux actually just deal damage in a rectangular area.

Saikomachi

11-01-2012

GG temmo gonna be real unkillable now

Tarulia

11-01-2012

Quote:
Wiksy:
Some additional context on this: We found out that previously the math was flawed in that a champion's model size was taken into consideration only if the missile was hitting from the side, but not from the front. This means that previously if you shoot a skillshot right at an enemy, it would only hit when it hit the center of the target; but if you aim it at target's side it would hit if it touches the target's bounding circle. This was pretty inconsistent.

We changed it so that it will always use the target's bounding circle, but this means the potential reach of a skillshot is extended, and we have to slightly reduce the range of skillshots.

So basically, this also causes skillshots sometimes "snapping" onto a target when aimed slightly off?

Especially Blitzcrank and Amumu seem to miss their Qs sometimes, but the missile than "snaps" onto the champion and pulls. Is this caused by the same mechanic?

Knight Escorien

11-01-2012

@Statikk: Since you answered for Xerath/Lux, what about Orianna's Command: Attack? Or is it just things like Light/Dark Binding, Mystic Shot, Charm, etc?

Fracture Eon

11-01-2012

This only affects projectile skillshots.

Hitscan abilities will be unaffected.

My interpretation.

Oyxl

11-02-2012

Quote:
FeralPony:
It is all calculated on a per-character basis. Skins do not impact this value. All skins will behave the same in respect to being hit by skillshots.

What does this mean in respect to say, Nautilus?

Let's face it. If I line up the following champs;

Leona
Taric
Skarner
Naut

A few as a general example;

Naut is less effective in the jungle, less effective in early game lane, can easily be cornered and CC'd, is extremely slow and has a huge hitbox. Naut doesn't become really effective until level 6 (from a jungle + gank perspective) and any smart counterjungler will simply break him.

Since he's extremely weak and slow in a lane (he doesn't get useful, besides his R or just as a support ganker untill he's built some tanky items), he dies twice as fast as my Leona with the same build, won't this issue affect Naut in an even worse way? Let alone the planned changes to the jungle, although another issue entirely.

N4roth

11-02-2012

just played as brand on the pbe, shots still pass through quite frequently when they are really close. I also had a case where Brand's ult did not bounce at all and fizzled on the first champ in a teamfight when the first target died from the ult.

Boyahda

11-02-2012

Quote:
ChaoticFinal:
could you also look at the kassadin R->forcepulse bug?
it still casts backwards when you ulti then try to forcepulse immediately, which has caused many a missed kill

OMG I knew I wasn't seeing things! If this was a bug then it's fairly recent. I've never had trouble landing a R->E on Kass ever until now. I thought I was just failing at smartcast or I was just bad. But I knew even I couldn't be that bad to miss several of those combos in a row. R-->Q works fine but R-->E will cast backwards if you do it very quickly. If you give enough time to take a step after the R it will not cast backwards.