Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Skillshot changes (no longer for this patch)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dannyboy64

11-01-2012

Secret Cho'Gath and Teemo buffs o.O

GuiltyGecko

11-01-2012

How does this affect the future updates for champion models? Meaning, an Art thread in GD said all champion models will become bigger to resemble the new TF and Soraka sizes. Will this change affect the new skill shots.?

Cosno

11-01-2012

does this mean that riven will be fixed? Currently when i play riven i find it very hard to land her stun when i'm dashing at a champion who is running away even though i'm well within the range of the stun. I always assumed it was because even though the model was within the range of the spell it calculated from the center which was probably just outside the spell range.

EFG

11-01-2012

Quote:
Statikk:
We actually finally got a recent consistent reproduction of this bug internally, so we can finally throw resources at this to try and fix it. This fix will not solve that problem, though hopefully we can get an engineer to look at it sooner or later once their hands aren't tied up.

Anything new on your character having a seizure while trying to move around a group of minions?. This and that are the two biggest annoyances in league today.

Killrazor

11-01-2012

Quote:
Statikk:
We actually finally got a recent consistent reproduction of this bug internally, so we can finally throw resources at this to try and fix it. This fix will not solve that problem, though hopefully we can get an engineer to look at it sooner or later once their hands aren't tied up.

This bug with skill shots missing is really annoying. Sometimes the skillshot will not go through you, will completely miss you, but you still take damage. The most common skills that i see this happening to are Lux's ult TF's cards. Tf's card will go through me and do nothing, but they will miss me, and i will take damage. Like ill be standing to the right of the card as it passes by me and I will take damage.

Amariithynar

11-01-2012

Quote:
Wiksy:
Some additional context on this: We found out that previously the math was flawed in that a champion's model size was taken into consideration only if the missile was hitting from the side, but not from the front. This means that previously if you shoot a skillshot right at an enemy, it would only hit when it hit the center of the target; but if you aim it at target's side it would hit if it touches the target's bounding circle. This was pretty inconsistent.

We changed it so that it will always use the target's bounding circle, but this means the potential reach of a skillshot is extended, and we have to slightly reduce the range of skillshots.

Thanks for the nitty gritty of what was exactly going on, this is exactly what I came to this thread to find out. Kudos! And sounds like a completely fair change to the functionality to make it work more reliably. Reliable skillshots > super-long skillshots.

I do wonder though, any chance of "physical" skillshots getting an animation to hit the dirt when they hit the end of their range, so they don't look like they extend past their range? Ez's Q for example peters out visibly at its end, so you know it's safe or not, but say Nidalee's spear at max range the spear can look like it's going to just keep on going right until it winks out.

imhuge

11-01-2012

Very nice, always have issues vs Yi and Kat

Is there any relation to movement prediction?

Xyler94

11-01-2012

Will this affect Anivia's double hit on her Q?

KevinDelMarr

11-01-2012

What does this mean for a Champion like Xerath or Lux, who have linear skillshots that technically have an infinite missle speed (can't dodge once cast is finished)?

Duriel

Recruiter

11-01-2012

Quote:
Statikk:
I talked to the engineer who fixed this bug initially and he saw no mistakes in the code that handles this.

Unfortunately this will require some deeper digging as to why this is occurring again.

Maybe it's the game keeping track of what order you casted your spells, but Force Pulse casts from his origin as opposed to his current location?

I noticed some champs [like Ryze] you can cast Q then E instantly and let go of keyboard/mouse and the spells will go through, maybe the same is happening to Kassadin like.. this?