Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Skillshot changes (no longer for this patch)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WalkTheNikasaur

11-01-2012

Quote:
Statikk:
We actually finally got a recent consistent reproduction of this bug internally, so we can finally throw resources at this to try and fix it. This fix will not solve that problem, though hopefully we can get an engineer to look at it sooner or later once their hands aren't tied up.

Oh good, maybe I'll be able to play Lux again soon.

dafedidi

11-01-2012

yay ! I was waiting for this one !

LightEcho

11-01-2012

How does this change affect the following two things:
Damage from Nidalee Spears is calculated based of distance will this change inadvertently lower it?
How does this change affect non champion targets( minions and jungle mobs)?

9AM

11-01-2012

Mai GAWD THANK YOU! Back in the day i used to main Cassiopeia but there would always be the times where when u get jumped on and i would ult and they would just walk right through like nothing happened. The hit detection was kinda wonky at times and i hope this fixes it. :P

A Frisky Jacket

11-01-2012

Quote:
Wiksy:
Some additional context on this: We found out that previously the math was flawed in that a champion's model size was taken into consideration only if the missile was hitting from the side, but not from the front. This means that previously if you shoot a skillshot right at an enemy, it would only hit when it hit the center of the target; but if you aim it at target's side it would hit if it touches the target's bounding circle. This was pretty inconsistent.

We changed it so that it will always use the target's bounding circle, but this means the potential reach of a skillshot is extended, and we have to slightly reduce the range of skillshots.

Thank god for this clarification

Blaine Tog

11-01-2012

Quote:
Statikk:
We actually finally got a recent consistent reproduction of this bug internally, so we can finally throw resources at this to try and fix it. This fix will not solve that problem, though hopefully we can get an engineer to look at it sooner or later once their hands aren't tied up.
Yay! Lux is ever so happy to hear this!

Noxious Seraph

11-01-2012

Quote:
├člaze:
cool, Bigger target easier hit, Nidalee FTW.

Spear got a range nerf on PBE

Ikimono

11-01-2012

Quote:
FeralPony:
It is all calculated on a per-character basis. Skins do not impact this value. All skins will behave the same in respect to being hit by skillshots.

Does this mean that champions are using a simple "Box" Around them, or are they using Model based hitboxes...

Ikimono

11-01-2012

Quote:
Statikk:

This occurs consistently on skills that are particle skillshots or have secondary particles attached to a model (Anivia's Ice ball, Nidalee's spear) And on any brush or area that a team has no vision on.
This is such an easily reproducible bug...

Emerzion

11-01-2012

Quote:
Statikk:

I feel like skillshots going through champions (quite frequently) shouldn't be a "we'll eventually get around to it" type thing, just me though.