whats wrong with varus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghandulfo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-01-2012

I find Varus very fun to use and hes great teamwise for all that utility. The problem is that he lacks some damage compared to other ADCs for that utility. A couple of small buffs woud make him a great ADC

PorpoiseAlert

11-01-2012

No escape, bad steroid. Plus he's really more of an AD caster than an AD carry.

fluffykitten1

11-01-2012

he's pretty slow, easy to gank, blows up early in teamfights, doesnt have good dueling ability, can't kite well because of the slow animation
in my experience Varus never snowballs enough to secure the game. He's got a good poke, but his sustained dps is so meh,

Roidereem

11-01-2012

I like Varus a lot, but his escape abilities are very poor compared to other champions. Ez, Graves, and Corki all have good escapes built in. Varus' only escape is his E, and R....and both are quite poor/inefficient to escape with compared to other characters. The big three can use their abilities to get over obstacles, and compared to their escapes, his E is the third highest in mana cost.

There's a few minor buffs they could make to him a little more viable. I don't think Varus is a problem of scaling of AD/AP, but the synergy of abilities. Here are two things that could be considered;

1. Make his Q slow or silence upon hitting. Thus, if you're hitting a long range skillshot, it gives you time to reach the target and E/R to really punish the opponent.
2. Make his blight become passive and remove the additional damage upon hit. Only when the blight is detonated does it deal damage on a percentage of health. Then, make his W the attack speed boost, and if he kills a champion/minion/monster, he receives a small life steal bonus for X amount of seconds.