Looking to buy a new computer; Need some tech

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seiyaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2010

Looking to perhaps construct a reasonably priced rig off of newegg or some other site, or if possible just buy something out of the stores that should run LoL on a decent setting. PC of course, since I am done with the trouble laptops have given me. No vista, for the love of god NOT VISTA -gouges eyes out- 2 vista computers in I realize it was a waste.

I am not too computer technical, but I dont like my current rig. Anyways, suggestions advice? I'll take anything.

I have a DxDiag if anyone wants some specs of a specific sort for the rig I have now.

Claous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2010

If you want to save time just buy a computer from ibuypower or cyberpowerpc.

But if you have the know how then buying parts from newegg, tigerdirect/compusa, or if you live near a microcenter would save you a pretty penny.

Bigger question is what is your price range. I could recommend plenty of set ups for an Intel i7/i5 set up in the range of 800~1000 that can play most games at high to max settings. But having a price range makes this task even simpler.

Coedeed

10-04-2010

I just got a new processor (quad), power supply, mobo, and cpu cooler. Didn't spend over $200.

Seiyaru

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claous View Post
If you want to save time just buy a computer from ibuypower or cyberpowerpc.

But if you have the know how then buying parts from newegg, tigerdirect/compusa, or if you live near a microcenter would save you a pretty penny.

Bigger question is what is your price range. I could recommend plenty of set ups for an Intel i7/i5 set up in the range of 800~1000 that can play most games at high to max settings. But having a price range makes this task even simpler.
700-1,000 is about my price range. If it has to dip a little above a grand I can work with it and scrounge some extra cash up. I live near a center but its a bit of a drive and the prices seemed a bit expensive. I was gonna toss the money to my friend after suggesting to him some parts since he builds some nice computers on request.

Claous

10-05-2010

Well here was a post I made for someone on Eorzeapedia for a computer that can run FFXIV decently at mid to high settings

Subtract the price for the monitor and it should be a good price. I wil also look for more recomendations I made.

Quote:
Newegg
i5 760 + EVGA P55 SLI $350
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) $120
Antec 900 Case + Antec 750W PSU $195
Seagate Baracuda 1TB 7200.12 $75
Sony DVD/CD Burner $20

MIR
$85

Grand Total: $839.88

Compusa
EVGA GTX 460 SC $250
Acer X223WDbd Black 22" $160
Cooler Master Hyper N520 $34

Total $453.56

MAX TOTAL
1293.44 - 85 = $1208.44
Your going to have to find some keyboard and mouse.

But if anything look to find these on compusa to cut down the $100 tax.

Sly Maniac

10-05-2010

buy it from ebay online stores. if youre interested i can find the store i bought my computer from

1200 bucks 3 years ago got me

quad core Q9300 2.5ghz processor
geforce 9800 GT graphics card
22" monitor
4gb ram
a nice atrix case (dont know model)
8 channel sound card
wireless card
ethernet card
and other stuff. (the entire computer was from this one bundle and i didnt need to buy anything else)

PuPPeaZ

Recruiter

10-05-2010

hey check this card out. Its a cheaper 460

http://www.evga.com/products/prodlist.asp?switch=20

Forbiden Mystic

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuPPeaZ View Post
hey check this card out. Its a cheaper 460

http://www.evga.com/products/prodlist.asp?switch=20
Those are also refurbished. Something to keep in mind.

SpeedJump

Adjudicator

10-05-2010

If you can wait, AMD is releasing their 6000+ series cards this month, I can't find pricing on it yet but I'm assuming it will be reasonable. So waiting for that might be a good idea.

Seiyaru

10-05-2010

Hmm i'll check this stuff out, won't make a decision either. If the pricing on the 6k series is good maybe I will toss my money that way.