100 Game Challenge -Veigar-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ravenous Reptar

11-01-2012

So this is my post about the start of my first 100 day Challenge. Mid was my first "main", so to speak. However, I have been top lane or jungle, with a side gig as support ever since. One of my best friends, who I play with all the time, is a nasty LeBlanc, so mid became less of an ideal slot for me when he could easily crush the team into surrendering by 20. So together we're taking the 100 game challenge, and we've reversed roles. He'll be jungling as Nocturne, and i'll be midding as Veigar.

The beauty of this for me, is I've literally never played him before. Ever. I bought him today, and I played him in one bot game, and then dove right into my challenge. If anyone show's interest, I'll update this like a blog, and as a driving force for me not to quit.

So wish me luck, as this will be a challenge, not a "100 Game Cakewalk".

Yourcatmolested

11-01-2012

Sounds interesting. Good luck with your challenge!

Ravenous Reptar

11-01-2012

(sorry for the double post)

Day 1 Results:

3 wins, and 2 losses. I'm happy with my start

Game 1: WIN
Score: 3/3/4
Overall average game. I went against a Brand mid, and lived to tell about it. He tried to bully me out of lane, but i farmed my q and kept in it. The bottom lane Nidalee we had was fed beyond belief, 11/3/12 in a 21 minute game.

Game 2: LOSS
Score: 4/6/4
I had to go against a Talon this game -_-
I was hard countered, and honestly did well. Talon got fed off of 3 ganks before he even killed me. Miscommunication led to him being too fed to deal with. I couldn';t handle Talon on only my second game as Veig.

Game 3: WIN
Score 4/0/3
Really began to understand him this game. Better possitioning, and better farming with his q. The other team had an afk, and we won. Although the voctory was hollow, due to the afk, it still felt good to get a holding on Veig.

Game 4: LOSS
Score: 2/7/1
This one was ugly. I got absolutely roflstomped by a Katarina. This kat was the perfect example of a "gracelss" winner -_-
Constantly harassing us, and saying "GG" or "triplekill" right before diving into a teamfight. But, she was very very good. It inspired me to be that good with Veig.

Game 5: WIN
Score: 7/4/14
This game was very fun. Played against an Anivia, and boy was it back and forth. Her egg saved her so much. Late game, my ult was almost 1 shoting her. Overall, very good game. No mean spirited trash talk, very fun.

I'd like to close with a question. Does anyone have any recommended items, or non-recommended items? For instance, how is Veig with spellvamp, or is he better with a RoA? Any advice is greatly appreciated
Thanks for reading.

Roughly 6 Owls

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

As far as recommended items... what are you currently building? Deathfire Grasp seems to be effective on Veigar, and a Rabadon's Deathcap is a given. Athene's Unholy Grail, Rod of Ages, Archangel's Staff, Zhonya's Hourglass, and Void Staff all seem like strong options in an average game.

Are you playing only ranked games or only normal games or whatever 100 games you get?

Ravenous Reptar

11-01-2012

Currently, I've been going Kage's Pick, and Deathcap as my first 2 buys. 3 of the games were very short, so they didn't really allow me to build. The last game I went Pick, Deathcap, Zhonya's, Will of the Ancients, and then finished the Pick into a Morello's Tome. My problem is, with the exception of defensive items like Zhonya's or Randuin's, I tend to forget about active items. So I haven't built a Deathfire on him, although I am going to begin to try it, and to try to remember to use it frequently.

As for games, we're just doing Blind at the moment, normal not ranked. We may dive into draft later, but we want to avoid people countering us so early in the challenge.

Xenthum

11-01-2012

Deathfire and proper use of its active is 100% Key to being a successful Veigar (or LB or Eve or Annie, for that matter).

Even with the recent nerfs, you have to have that active to bring down bulky opponents or to get that instant assassination nuke chain. Always get a Void Staff and a DFG. I like Abyssal Scepter on him, too, but if I can get away with it on a jungler or Singed or something I'll let them build it.

Sky Mence

11-01-2012

Nice to see someone playing veigar after unnecessary DFG nerf!
GLHF

cralix

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenous Reptar View Post

So wish me luck, as this will not be a challenge, not a "100 Game Cakewalk".
But this is called 100 game challenge

Ravenous Reptar

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cralix View Post
But this is called 100 game challenge
woops. I fixed it.

Ravenous Reptar

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenthum View Post
Deathfire and proper use of its active is 100% Key to being a successful Veigar (or LB or Eve or Annie, for that matter).

Even with the recent nerfs, you have to have that active to bring down bulky opponents or to get that instant assassination nuke chain. Always get a Void Staff and a DFG. I like Abyssal Scepter on him, too, but if I can get away with it on a jungler or Singed or something I'll let them build it.
So I've been buying DFG, and a getting better with using it. I'm going to make sure i always buy it from here on out. I was thinking about Abyssal Scepter. Considering it's range nerf, does it still cover all of Veig's abilities? Since it's nerf I haven't really picked it up much, so I haven't seen the size of it's new aura.