An opinion on Leona's VO

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yhorema

11-01-2012

I played Leona once and i was so dissapointed at her VO. Its not that her puns are lame or her lines are uninteresting, its the tone she has to them that ruins her personality.

My guess is that this is due to the feminization intent of making LoL heroines not look like males, since she has no cleavage or tights to show attractive breasts, waists or legs.

In my personal opinion (which is the whole point of the thread), Leona's VO doesnt match her personality. Her lore depicts her as a forgiving and resolved skilled fighter, and in-game she's a resolute tank and a head-on initiator, however i think her voice is much more of that of an exotic dancer performing a lap dance on you back at the private room.

Her voice is seductive. Im not a restrained man from the 30s with a repressed sexuality and a point of view on it as something vane, but it just feels her VO makes her look as if you read Shwarzenegger's famous line "I'll be back" in the voice of Roger Rabbit's wife. Try it out, completely out of place.

I believe her stern personality should earn her a voice acting just as stern. I would much more like if she said "The dawn has arrived" (with a tone somewhat as Vayne's) rather than her actual "The daaaawn... hasarrayyyyv"

But this is just my opinion. Leona isnt even my main, secondary or even tenth character played, like i said, ive only played once. So what does people who actually mains her feel about her lines whenever they click on her in the selection screen?

UnstableFractal

11-29-2012

Wtf did i just read... Duuude, get a gf.

Valerie Solanas

12-02-2012

i agree with the op

Yasako

12-02-2012

She sounds cocky and playful to me, idk what you're on.

Mibani

12-04-2012

I agree, OP. This is just a little too much oversexualization. I think Leona having a remade VO to mach her personality would be awesome.