Blade Of The Ruined King Is Broken...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CloudCarry

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser676 View Post
The heal/%health damage are actually pretty mediocre. Unless you're fighting a full health mundo with no MR, its nothing to write home about.
you mean no armor

soulesstwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Its also one of the only way to deal with the bruiser meta, Not super effectively of course, but it helps

^also no he meant MR.

Seprest

11-08-2012

The healing can be nice on it, but it is not broken rly :/ good for ranged AS to have stacking power. Though for melee with AS this can be really good, but no better than pillager on some bruisers with spammable abilities (hecarim)

WarpedMonkey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2012

Match this with a couple of other on-hit items and you're in for some broken kit. I had 3k hp - 150mr/armor and was getting killed in less than 2 sec by a teemo with less money.

Aqualisk

11-10-2012

Xyph said it used to deal physical damage. Why was it nerfed to magic damage? Isn't that the same problem as bloodrazor?

Dreampod

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanKeaton259 View Post
This item is way way too strong. The heal and the movement speed slow active on top of the active heal and the active damage that scales with your ad is just bonkers overpowered...

I have no idea how such an overpowered item could ever be introduced into league of legends.

The heal on hit or the active on this item need to be removed. Even with that change it would still be a strong item. Right now it is just broken as hell though.
Rather than just ranting why don't you give some examples of when you feel it is overpowered or how it outshines equivalent items? My experience with it is that it is...ok - pretty powerful on an AS/on-hit build (Teemo, Kog'maw) but the active is pretty mediocre (for damage) on those builds. Otherwise I feel like I'm almost always better off building items that multiplicatively scale (if I'm a AD) or offer me some ability scaling (if I'm a bruiser).

It seems like a slightly less noob-trap MBR but still fairly deceptively weak.

Dreampod

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualisk View Post
Xyph said it used to deal physical damage. Why was it nerfed to magic damage? Isn't that the same problem as bloodrazor?
Honestly, I think that it would be a fairly mediocre item with physical given the current stats. The real appeal to it as it stands is that it offers a significant amount of lifesteal that isn't dependent on physical damage for on-hit builds which is something they are extremely lacking.

youmadbroimnasty

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A shadowy figure View Post
What I dislike about it is that you can solo Vilemaw after getting it.

Any Bruiser with lifesteal should be able to solo Vilemaw early in the game as long as they have lifesteal and some armor

Dreampod

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmadbroimnasty View Post
Any Bruiser with lifesteal should be able to solo Vilemaw early in the game as long as they have lifesteal and some armor
Are you sure? The only times I've tried I died rather horribly to stacking debuff which ranged champions avoid.