Zed, the Master of Shadows Revealed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calderweiss

11-03-2012

Zed is a buttwad. This makes me want to play shen. And zed. but Shen more. I see shen as a hero now, instead of a seeker of balance.

Creed Everson

11-03-2012

Awesome
I hope that the shadow clones will be up to the fight. Kinda reminds me of Naruto.

TyrantxRex

11-03-2012

I see someone already mentioned shredder from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but he also looks like a more armored version of Talon. Wonder if he plays kind of the same

Cotik

11-03-2012

This will be a review on what i have seen on de PBE, based also on the champion's abilities so far.

Passive:
Whenever Zed autoattacks an enemy below 50% health, he deals an additional 8% of their maximum health as magic damage. This effect cannot occur on the same target more than once every 10 seconds.

So useless...jarvan's passive deals damage every 6 seconds, he is not an assasin. Besides, the target has to be below 50% health, maybe good on cleanups...if u follow them for 20 seconds to hit it twice.

Razor Shuriken
Cooldown: 6
Cost: 75 / 70 / 65 / 60 / 55 Energy
RazorShuriken
Active: Zed and his shadow both throw their shurikens, each dealing physical damage to the first enemy they pass through and 70% damage thereafter.
Physical Damage: 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 230 (100% bonus AD)
Living Shadow: Additional shurikens striking the same enemy deal 50% damage, but restore energy.
Shadow Shurikens: 35 / 55 / 75 / 95 / 115 (+50% bonus AD)

Good concept on the living shadow, to increase damage when u hit it, hard skill shot, but if u can land it u get...almost no damage, cause it is decreased to 50% kennen's shurikens deals almost the same damage while lowering the cooldown, 4 secons at level 5. Talon also has a similar thing with rake, deals much more damage. U can only throw this thing once with your shadow, then wait at least 22 seconds in low levels. This guy cant harrass effectively.

Living Shadow
Cooldown: 22 / 20.5 / 19 / 17.5 / 16
Cost: 40 / 35 / 30 / 25 / 20 Energy
Active: Zed's shadow dashes forward, remaining in place for 4 seconds. Reactivating this ability will cause Zed to switch positions with this shadow.
Zed's shadow will mimic his spell casts. If both strike the same target, Zed regains some energy. The energy restore can only occur once per cast.

If only the shadow could move, or be there for a longer time to zone the opponent, like orianna. Maybe if they made it that if blink wasnt made and the shadow remained at place, the cooldown should be cut down to half, or maybe even that if he got a kill, the cooldown could refresh. That could really be usefull.

Shadow Slash
Cooldown: 3
Cost: 50 Energy
Active: Zed and his shadow both create a burst of shadow, dealing physical damage to nearby enemies.
Zed's slash reduces the cooldown of Living Shadow by 1 second for each enemy struck. The shadow's slash slows enemies for 1.5 seconds.
Physical Damage: 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 (+90% bonus AD)
Slow: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40%
Living Shadow: Overlapping Shadow Slashes striking the same enemy deal no additional damage but slow for 50% more and restore energy.

Same thing as katarina, with less damage and a poor slow.

Death Mark
Cooldown: 120 / 100 / 80
Cost: No cost
Active: Zed marks the target champion for death. He then sinks into the shadows and dashes to them, dealing physical damage equal to 100% of his attack damage and spawning a living shadow beyond them, which mimics his spellcasts. Zed can reactivate this ability to switch places with this shadow.
After 3 seconds, the mark will detonate, dealing physical damage equal to a percentage of all magic and physical damage dealt to the target by Zed and his shadows while the mark was active.

Sounds cool...its just an autoattack with a 3 seconds 50% damage buff (at level 3).

Conclussions:
Zed's base damage is mediocre, wich makes his abilities weak in early game, any brusier will beat him, any mage will outdamage him.
His core source of damage "razor shuriken" + "living shadow" can be cast once in a while with a really high cooldown and a really high chance to miss, the burst is also mediocre.
The shadow provides a blink, not a big one, neither does it provides a huge boost in damage.
If u start to stack AD and armor penetration, u deal a considerable amount of damage IF u land your skillshots, but the blink provided is not as big so u can jump on the enemy ad or ap carry and insta burst him. One of the shadows will be left behind and your damage will be crippled really bad. With your ultimate, u can acheive it, if u land a bunch of autoattacks on him...and guess what, most ad carrys have blinks, and when u finally reach them...u cant blink anymore to catch up. The slow doesnt make up for it. So, u go all the way in, and u get killed instantly before u achieve something.
Assasins have any of this a lot of blinks, hard cc, hyper speed, or really high burst damage...this guys has none...why is he an assasin?
Ahri jumps 3 times, taunts, bursts.
Akali jumps 3 times, and a 4th time if she gets de kill, really high burst, nice sustain in lane, invisibility.
Evelyn jumps u out of nowere, burst u and brings u down...then runs away
Fizz nukes u in one combo.
Kassadin chaces u to your last breath with unlimited blinks.
Kat can burst u and gets out just like that
Leblanc burst is insane, she doesnt even need to get out if she gets the ad carry, and she will.
Lee sin kicks and jumps in and out of the fight until u are death
Nocturne blinks from the other side of the map and makes u run like u were blind (and u are)
Poppy chaces u and no one can do **** about it.

This guy on the other hand, blinks in, leaving behind most of his damage in the shadow that replaces u. slows u a little bit, and throws a cool looking autoattack (ultimate), and then has to try to assasinate u with autoattacks at melee range. Please rethink the mechanics on this pal, he will be underpowered as hell on release if u leave him like that. The shadows are not even core, because of the high cooldown. Low burst, not much mobility, little aoe damage, weak passive, goes in and has to die to get the kill (if he manages to get it) Why would i buy him?

Lk Expletus

11-03-2012

lore sucks please get the old lore guy back. This is turning into some stereotypcial asian-fantasy ****. Im asian and i hate this lore

oo Nina

11-03-2012

what's PBE ?

UnseenAEP

11-03-2012

Hey, I've been pretty disappointed with the champions that Riot has been coming out with. Elise, Kha'Zix, and Rengar feel dry to me. I enjoy playing with them, but I don't feel like a ton was implemented. The evolving with Kha'Zix, and the energy mechanic for Rengar is nice, but the skills need new things!
Rengar:
Q:Added Damage
W:AoE Damage
Eistance Stun
R:Stealth and jump with added damage.

Kha'Zix:
Wistance Stun
E:Jump with AoE damage
R:Stealth, Added damage, move speed, I believe.

Elise:
W:Attack Speed Steroid, Bomb led by victim
E:Skillshot stun, utility "dash/jump"
R:Spider/Human Form.

The same skills keep overlapping. Even Zed isn't all that knew. I propose a water based champion that hasn't been created yet. Here's my dream character. I would consider him a solo top melee bruiser or jungle or possible support. Very mobile, high poke for a melee character.

Poseidon, Neptune, Aquos, something like that.
Qash, similar to Fiora.
W:Large area change. Similar to Nocturne's Q, team move speed increase, damage increase, enemy armor/magic resist leach, enemy movement speed slow. 2 second channel or so.
E:Melt to ground/dash kind of skill similar to vlad with no damage and much faster.
R:Similar to Riven, added length on trident, more damage, maybe a lock on ranged ability like gp's parrrley.

These are just my suggestions,I don't know the capabilities of the game or the possibility, I just know I want something I haven't seen before.

I made this a thread, it just needs to be seen

Anthony Le Noir

11-04-2012

I love it Finaly something that can fit my summoner name >

Rampantwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

Shredder meets Noob Saibot

kamone1202

11-04-2012

Why does his lore contradict Shens?