@Riot: Buff Eleisa's Miracle or remove it.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lorrin99

11-08-2012

This item will not be used in competitive play, for four reasons.

1. It is not a GP10 item.
  2. It is not an aura item.
  3. It is not a tank item.
  4. It does not benefit the Summoner spells most supports use.

I play mostly Leona and Sona as support. I, like almost every support, first get two GP10 items and boots (whether the boots are upgraded to level two depends on how well the game is going). My next gold is spent on, wards, an Oracles, and aura items. Usually the aura item is an Aegis, but if the jungler builds Aegis I will do one of two things: As a tanky support, such as Leona, I will build a tank item such as Sunfire Cape. As a back line support, such as Sona, I will build an appropriate aura item -- Zeke's for a mostly AD team, Shroud for a mostly AP team. By the time all this is done it is usually later on in the game, when regen statistics matter less.

The idea of the "disappearing item" is a fantastic idea. It should be used in the future. But even with this great idea this item won't be used.

Riot needs to seriously consider that GP10 items are simply too strong. I understand that you are adjusting masteries to provide supports with alternative gold sources, but if one uses the new masteries and GP10s you will simply be that much stronger, have that much more gold. Every support and, in the current meta, every strong jungler goes at least 2 GP10 items. If you don't you are seriously gimped, and this is a problem that needs to be addressed.

desolation0

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheap View Post
It should be if you gain 3 levels without dying while holding Eleisa's.
Well, that certainly would be a miracle.

As for holding onto Philo, assuming it stays the same, now you'd just have more reason to upgrade it specifically at level 15. You could always buy another Philo if you really think the regen and gold gain would help when you're likely within 5 minutes of a win or loss by that time in a match. Meanwhile, several folks seem to like making Shurelya's early over holding onto their Philo already, so not sure it's a big deal.

The Elite Hax0r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Unique Passive: If you gain 3 levels while holding Eleisa's Miracle, you gain 10 HP/5, 15 MP/5 and the Aid Passive permanently and the item disappears from your inventory.
Well, that just became the coolest unique passive on a support item in the game. The question becomes, how will this affect GP5 in actual gameplay. That said, I'm really glad to see the role of support getting a bit of a boost. Honestly, this unique is so good, I could imagine carries starting to take it DESPITE the fact it's a support item.

Skernan

11-08-2012

Thank god, supports are finally getting some love.

SuperJavelin

11-08-2012

More of a flavor question than any mechanism-related stuff, but I notice you guys named the unique passive "Aid."

Are you planning on naming any/all of the other really "special" unique passives/actives in the S3 patch (and by that I mean stuff that is something more than raw stats, like Manamune's AD mana scaling or Visage's self-healing buff)? I think that would be cool from an aesthetic standpoint.

DespicableBish

11-08-2012

I really don't see this item being used on supports.You need wards more than anything and to be able to provide those you will need gp10 items.After that you get auras for your team in most cases(if not all cases).

Even if it builds from a gp10 by the time you upgrade it, you simply won't need it.You won't need the aid passive either.

I can see it working on providing grounds though, hue.

Skernan

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorrin99 View Post
This item will not be used in competitive play, for four reasons.
  1. It is not a GP10 item.
  2. It is not an aura item.
  3. It is not a tank item.
  4. It does not benefit the Summoner spells most supports use.
1. It builds from one, genius.
2. So?
3. Health/Mana regen is a cornerstone of tanky support.
4. If you're playing a Support, you should have at least heal on you.

Clairvoyance is pretty much trash aside from the early invade, and I never see revive outside of bots, but you should have heal or clarity as a support.

Uilleam Uallas

11-08-2012

Quote:
Tentative Stats (In Testing)

Eleisa's Miracle
(1175 Gold)
+10 Health per 5 seconds
+15 Mana per 5 seconds
Removed Tenacity
Unique Passive - Aid: Your Heal, Clairvoyance and Revive cooldowns are reduced by 20%
Unique Passive: If you gain 3 levels while holding Eleisa's Miracle, you gain 10 HP/5, 15 MP/5 and the Aid Passive permanently and the item disappears from your inventory.

Hopefully it'll be interesting on Dominion/Murderbridge and Supports - while also indirectly giving supports an extra item slot to work with. It's probably terrible but something I wanted to try.

Sweet, because you want aggressive play and nerf heals, but you buff heal with this and supports will STILL take exhaust...

BuilderBob93

11-08-2012

xypherous made lulu?

woah.

respect.

makes up for riven being (although fun) flawed design-wise

CharlestheQ

11-08-2012

Quote:
Tentative Stats (In Testing)

Eleisa's Miracle
(1175 Gold)
+10 Health per 5 seconds
+15 Mana per 5 seconds
Removed Tenacity
Unique Passive - Aid: Your Heal, Clairvoyance and Revive cooldowns are reduced by 20%

Hopefully it'll be interesting on Dominion/Murderbridge and Supports - while also indirectly giving supports an extra item slot to work with. It's probably terrible but something I wanted to try.
please dont let this stack