@Riot: Buff Eleisa's Miracle or remove it.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mediocre Top

11-08-2012

I don't know, I kind of feel this can be abused in niche ways, like early game mid characters because of the HP and Mana regen. But it probably is outclassed by Catalyst anyway, so no point to it. Would work great with an early game Singed though.

Also, it sounds like you has Silsol in mind when you changed it for Heal.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-08-2012
13 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Any concerns about this becoming a 'must buy' type of item on Dominion given the prevalence of Revives use and how quickly levels are gained? Or do you consider the gold premium high enough so that people will still have to make a valid decision between early/mid game power and gaining the Aid passive?
Yes - I am concerned somewhat about it being too good on Dominion where Eleisa's Miracle was already a decent buy on Dominion.

However, the option to disable it always exists if it's too abusive on the map, thankfully.

Quote:
I don't know, I kind of feel this can be abused in niche ways, like early game mid characters because of the HP and Mana regen. But it probably is outclassed by Catalyst anyway, so no point to it. Would work great with an early game Singed though.
Luckily, there's a tuning point for *that* too. If people are abusing the raw regeneration statistics too much on it, we can easily shift the power more to the power of the passive. (Reduced regeneration in favor of stronger Clairvoyance/Heal CDR, for example.)

UODK

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
The current plan is to pull those for now. We had an interesting Spellblade variant that was neat - but it needed *a lot* more work before it goes live.

My current line of thought on Tenacity items is that - you really don't need an alternative to Tenacity items in a lot of cases. Tenacity isn't the right solution on *a lot* of champion roles. Tenacity, for example, isn't really all that helpful on carries who need something a little beefier or stronger for their CC reduction needs.

While we're churning on those - Merc Threads should suffice for a bit.

Basically when the mod / community team catches on that I've been talking about more stuff at odd hours.

I posted this right before your 11th post.. I think it might have got missed... but is relevant.

Would they stack??

If I bought 1, and leveled 3 times... it disappears and I keep the buff... what happens when:

A) I buy another one.. does the buff given while the item exists in my inventory stack with the passive permanent buff??

B) If I level another 3 times, and the 2nd one disappears, does that stack he effect of the buffs?

Zerglinator

11-08-2012

Oh right, on the subject of Angels being divine, Eleisa's should reduce the CD on GA's passive.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-08-2012
14 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
A) I buy another one.. does the buff given while the item exists in my inventory stack with the passive permanent buff??
Unique Passives with the same name don't stack, regardless of how you acquired the passive - so the "perma" miracle and the inventory miracle don't stack with each other.

Nor can you buy & level another miracle and have that disappear, the other one will simply stick around in your inventory uselessly.

Quote:
Oh right, on the subject of Angels being divine, Eleisa's should reduce the CD on GA's passive.
And reduce SoTD's cooldown.

Krimson62

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Yes - I am concerned somewhat about it being too good on Dominion where Eleisa's Miracle was already a decent buy on Dominion.

However, the option to disable it always exists if it's too abusive on the map, thankfully.

Luckily, there's a tuning point for *that* too. If people are abusing the raw regeneration statistics too much on it, we can easily shift the power more to the power of the passive. (Reduced regeneration in favor of stronger Clairvoyance/Heal CDR, for example.)
Will this also stack with the utility tree mastery?

Effectively taking summoner spell cooldowns to 35%

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-08-2012
15 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Will this also stack with the utility tree mastery?

Effectively taking summoner spell cooldowns to 35%
They stack multiplicatively - so not quite 35%. More like 32%.

Yasuchika

11-08-2012

Just speaking from a support perspective here.

It certainly sounds interesting, I think that if you get a couple of kills early on it might be a good item to pick up for early lane sustain.

The only downside being that the supports tend to run flash/exhaust, but that's obviously not counting possible S3 patch changes to summoners/masteries.

Aphoristic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Since we are talking about underused items... Thornmail, Tiamat, and Mana Potions?

General Veers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-08-2012

I don't think that this will be an issue with this item due to the nature of the stats, but, for interest's sake, I'll ask:

Checking out the items of allies and opponents via the score screen is an important step for players trying to update their situational awareness.

Not only do I want to know how to counter my opponents, or what auras my team needs, but I'm also interested in whether or not one of my allies is doing poorly/needs build advice.

Dissappearing items wouldn't appear on this quick summary interface, and could lead to mistaken appraisals of the state of the game. Any thoughts on how to address this?

btw - Great changes so far for S3 - very exciting!