I'll humor you all, just to prove you'r wrong, and give it a legitimate shot.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhostStalker

Senior Member

06-04-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3516967

It's a closed thread, but the general consensus is "to stick it out".

I'll humor you all of you that keep saying to "suck it up" and that I should keep playing games that are no longer fun to play. I'll be the outward reflection of "a good player" in the minds of the masses that judge on the tribunal. Just so I can legitimately prove you wrong. What have I got to lose, right?

- I won't leave games for 2 weeks.
- I'll use the mute button for people that are making me mad

That's generally the problem perceived by this community. I think all of you are wrong. I think riot is wrong. Because this game is the minority for games that punish people for leaving. Actually it's the only game that I know of that does it, so I have legitimacy for my reasons. That being said, I'll do this experiment, and actually give it a shot. Not only will I not leave games, I will give 100% of my full effort 100% of the time even though we are being slaughtered. I can't promise you I will have fun doing it though. Because that seems antifun, sticking it out in a game that is no longer fun can only promote negativity.

(still haven't gotten my reform card despite the support ticket i sent 2 hours ago)

If you are actually interested in following this, don't downvote this thread. If you want to see someone give a legitimate shot in turning around what is commonly received in this community as "bad", then just reserve a post here, and when i get unbanned in 3 days, I'll make a post here, and let you guys know the stats of my games if we either lost, or were losing horribly and came back and won. How my attitude was. all that stuff.

I believe the perception of this community is wrong regarding players that leave games. I want to challenge that, because I don't believe what I'm doing is wrong. You guys think what I'm doing is wrong. You think that I'm not a good person by doing what I'm doing. I want to see who's right.

I'm not so blinded by my stance that I won't entertain the thought of being wrong. That's why im doing this. I just think it's very unlikely, because the evidence is in my favor. This is the only game that I have ever had problems with.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-04-2013

Leaving games ruins them for the other 9 players, and that is what we view as wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhostStalker

Senior Member

06-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
Leaving games ruins them for the other 9 players, and that is what we view as wrong.
Wrong. Leaving games at most ruins it for the other 4. And with me, it's always much less than that (2 players).

I only leave games where we get a successful 3/2 surrender vote. I leave games where the majority want to surrender. I don't leave under 20 minutes. That's just not cool.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PenguinKillBear

Senior Member

06-04-2013

I am not exactly sure how doing what you are suppose to do for two weeks shows that people who leave games are not in the wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

powerbats

Senior Member

06-04-2013

Again no reform card so we can't trust what you say that it's just what you proclaim, you can think whatever you like but it doesn't change the fact that you knowingly broke the rules. Just because some other game(s) don't do this doesn't make it any less legitimate or unbanworthy, just because you feel your right and everyone else is wrong doesn't make it any less correct.

Blizzard does indeed punish you for leaving instances by making you wait longer, Dota 2 gives you a queue penalty so you have to wait longer, I could list all the games that penalize you for doing this but the point is almost all the games have a penalty of some kind for breaking the rules or leaving because you don't like something.

As for losing games I got stuck in quite a few that were horrible but we couldn't surrender because the timer wasn't up yet or i was part of 4/5 wanted to keep trying because it was close. Several of those hopeless games almost became wins and both sides actually had a good time.

Only 1 game was completely horrible and that's because we had an all melee team and they won before the timer came up. In the past I've wanted o surrender games that were completely a lost cause i.e. down 3v5 and the other team was so fed and was 2 shotting us it wasn't even funny and had 1 person decide to troll and not vote yes.

I continued playing even though it wasn't going to be much fun but I made sure to see the funny side of things and make the enemy team work for the kills by flipping them into the super laser or baiting them into it and got some laughs out of it.

Not every game is going to be perfect and sometimes one mistake can be the difference but if you just constantly give up, constantly be negative etc then that's your own fault. If you go into a game expecting to see feeders, trolls, losers,noobs etc that's what you're going to get regardless of what the truth is.

The rules are quite plain on this and you can either adapt or leave or try and change them with suggestions, but as long as you try the me 1st attitude and leave your going to get punished.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminalVeloc1ty View Post
Wrong. Leaving games at most ruins it for the other 4. And with me, it's always much less than that (2 players).

I only leave games where we get a successful 3/2 surrender vote. I leave games where the majority want to surrender. I don't leave under 20 minutes. That's just not cool.
Personally, I have less fun if the enemy team is down a man: the victory doesn't feel satisfying due to the handicap.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhostStalker

Senior Member

06-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinKillBear View Post
I am not exactly sure how doing what you are suppose to do for two weeks shows that people who leave games are not in the wrong.
I'm inherently a good person. I know this because it's how I was raised. I have plenty of friends, have a pretty good life. I care for people, and do the right thing every day. I can count on one hand how many people I don't get along with. I play sports, and have fun playing a lot of games.

This single game is the only game I have ever encountered that punishes people for solving their own problems by just leaving. I feel this is wrong. I think that riot is wrong for not allowing it because it forces confrontation when there needs to be none. Enduring a game you don't want to be in is hypocrisy at its finest, because games are supposed to be about having fun. But if you aren't having fun, what do you do?

The needs of the many should outway the needs of the few. If a 3/2 surrender vote occurs, that's what it should be.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhostStalker

Senior Member

06-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
Personally, I have less fun if the enemy team is down a man: the victory doesn't feel satisfying due to the handicap.
I agree. But this is also true when you have a massive item advantage. That feels just the same as being a man down to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PenguinKillBear

Senior Member

06-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminalVeloc1ty View Post
I'm inherently a good person. I know this because it's how I was raised. I have plenty of friends, have a pretty good life. I care for people, and do the right thing every day. I can count on one hand how many people I don't get along with. I play sports, and have fun playing a lot of games.

This single game is the only game I have ever encountered that punishes people for solving their own problems by just leaving. I feel this is wrong. I think that riot is wrong for not allowing it because it forces confrontation when there needs to be none. Enduring a game you don't want to be in is hypocrisy at its finest, because games are supposed to be about having fun. But if you aren't having fun, what do you do?

The needs of the many should outway the needs of the few. If a 3/2 surrender vote occurs, that's what it should be.
I also play sports, played in college, hell even had a shot of going pro. In my aging and injuries I now play for fun in a amateur baseball league.

What do you think would happen in a game where our baseball team was getting killed and in the 8th inning I just said "**** it, I am not having fun" and walked off the field? Do you think my team would allow me to continue playing with them in the future?

Also, you didnt actually answer my question. How does playing the game how you are suppose to play it for two weeks prove that leaving games is ok?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aylywyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminalVeloc1ty View Post
But if you aren't having fun, what do you do?
Well, if I were you, I'd STOP PLAYING LOL! I'd stop agreeing to play a game until it was finished (i.e. the Nexus explodes) then whining and quitting like a petulant child.

You are obviously not having fun playing the Game the way Riot and 98% of the Players intend it to be played.

But, you know, that might be too adult a response for you...