Scoring for tanks is garbage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rpgdude

11-02-2012

The scoring gives 0 for assist. Kills and caps are counted, but the guy giving all the kills gets nota. Scoring for tanks is garbage. Why even try to assist if you get no points for it? Did you not want tanks in Dom? I have an idea. Make a map where only assist and caps count and kills give 0. I will be epic every game. See how you're dps crowd likes that. I've played this game from day one, but this is not fair at all to those of us who like tanking in Dom. Yea I can play a tank as a dps and get a good score, but play as a tank get 1 kill with 43 assist and I come in behind some tard with 3 kills and 10 assist same caps. So I'll ask again. Why would I bother running up behind someone, stunning them and headbutting them to a dps champ to get all the glory or why should I bother ccing so others can cap. Waist of my time to assist! I get no recognition for my assistants. 10assist=0 points 20assist=0 points 30assist=0 points and I found out 40+assist=0 points in dominion.

HaIfhearted

11-02-2012

It's fairly common knowledge that the scoring system in general is garbage, and there are a fair few Dominion players like myself who would like to see it removed altogether.

Just ignore the fact that score exists and you will be a happier, better Dominion player for it ^_^

Orphane

11-02-2012

"Scoring is garbage"

ftfy

AldrickExGladius

11-02-2012

There's still people out there who have no idea what tanks do. Like today, me playing Leona. Team fight at windmill. I shield, use my E to get into the enemy group and Q to stun the nearest tanky derp. I soften the whole team up and take the first wave of damage, then die. My team cleans then up. We do this again later in the game and I get, "Leona, why you feed?" I end up with 3 deaths for the match and the rest of the team is fed to the point where they don't even need me to double stun the enemy.

Moral of the story, don't worry about score and focus on protecting your teammates and disrupting the enemy team.

rpgdude

11-02-2012

Wow! I really thought I was gonna get slammed by all the fan boys. No score is a great Idea. I'm so tired of carrying teams that tell me my champ doesn't belong in dom because I played my role. I don't get the caps because I'm too busy running interference for a bunch of unappreciative ass's. Its so obviously and deeply flawed I wonder why they ever did it in the first place or why they havn't fixed it. Many have complained to no avail. Riot just gives us tanks the .i..

HaIfhearted

11-02-2012

Nope, the fan boys agree with you that the scoring system is complete and utter ass ^_^
And it's always nice to see another Dominion player.

Come check out the DominateDominion chatroom in-game if you haven't already.
Lots of Dominion lovers like myself hang there. If you like chatting with other people who have your interests, you should have fun!