ELO Hell (yeah again)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jetaieu

11-01-2012

Hello Everyone

I started playing ranked the minute after I got lvl 30. Of course I went down, I wasn't ready for that. Bad lagging computer helping a lot, I've been down to 900 elo. Recently, I bought a new computer and I started to win more than lose. I'm currently 1300 elo. I've played duo with friends who are in the 1400-1500's and I figured that the gap between 1200 and 1350-1400 (if we calculate the elo difference because of my friends) is really huge. More than between 900 and 1200 in my opinion. I got as much TPG (troll per game) in 1200's than in 900's.

Maybe it's just luck and I havent played enough games to really see the dark side 1300-1400's.

What do you think of that?

Sorry for my bad english

Jetaieu

Orcca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchmen

11-01-2012

Elo Hell is something that both doesn't exist, and exists at every level. You will always experience trolls. If you watch high-elo players, you can see that even they have to deal with the trolls. Being grouped with them is just all a matter of luck. You can go on a streak of having an AFK/Troll every single game for 8 straight, or not have any at all and have fun, competitive games for just as many.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-01-2012

It'd be pretty difficult to assess what Elo range has the most trolls, however...

Fresh level 30s that just start playing ranked are dropping in at 1200 Elo. They're 1200 Elo yet they haven't been in the system long enough for their true skill level to be established. And if they're a troll, whatever.

BUT, if you're never trolling, in solo-queue, the enemy team has a troll about 20% more often than your team, so while it may be a huge trollfest, it's actually relatively easy to get out of if you're truly a better player. Win all your games with no trolls, and even if you lose the games with troll teammates, you'll win 20% more games because the enemy team has trolls.