Solo top and jungle.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Buy a ward pls

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

So I'v been level 30 for a little while now and I'd like to start doing solo qeue. It's honestly always been fairly daunting to me and before actually trying it out I wanted to make sure I could play multiple positions and understand all of the champions abilities for the most part.

I think I'v decided to focus on top and jungle for solo qeue. Of course I have other champs I know how to play and can play if needed, but I'v found from qeueing a lot of draft games playing jungle or top I'm able to make the most difference in games the whole way through.

But now I'm down to the question of which champs do I really want to focus on for those two positions? Personally, I feel like I do the best jungling on Jarvan or Jax. But I feel like Jarvan is a better and more helpful pick in most situations so I will more than likely focus on him more. As for top, I can't decide. I realize my best option is to get decent at a few different ones so I don't have to worry terribly about completely being counterpicked against. So now I'm down to deciding who. I don't care for Jarvan top when I can jungle on him, but I can do it. Singed, Jax, Xin, Cho, Olaf or captain easy pants Garen are the ones I know I can play. But I really don't know which three to go with. Any ideas or tips or anything would be helpful.

tldr-help me pick solo top champs for ranked.

LogicalTautology

11-01-2012

Personally, I use GP/Singed/Cho as my toplanes for Ranked play. I find that it gives me a good mix of bruiser, tanky, and AP pusher.

adc

11-01-2012

Here's an easy way to choose a champion:

Barring ****ty ass heroes, like pre-remake Evelynn, you can play pretty much anyone in Ranked and do well if you know what you're doing. Obviously playing an "OP" hero will be better, but if you're good at Jarvan, play Jarvan. You're (most likely) going to be carrying, so you want to play your best hero. Play one hero constantly, if you can stomach doing that.

And I literally mean whoever. I don't care if you're best at heimerdinger, if you're good at heimer, you can carry lower Elo games.

t0ad5

11-01-2012

Olaf is solid, and could do both roles.

If things go bad, sit back and farm with axe.

Buy a ward pls

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

AD you make a good point. And I'd be fine with jungling Jarvan every game, but I know with auto lockers and general people lacking communication that's probably not going to just happen. And if I have to play top I'd rather have a couple options. I love singed, I'v been playing him off and on since I was level 15. I know Olaf is really good, but I seem to be hit and miss with him. Maybe I'll just go with Singed, Olaf and Jarvan top. I'd just have to learn Olaf a little better.

Random question, is solo qeue a million times better if you duo qeue instead?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-01-2012

Jax, Riven, Jayce are some good solotops.

All the math that proves that Elo hell does not exist can also be used to prove that your odds of better when duo-queuing.

Sephïroth

11-01-2012

You play what you're best at in Solo Ranked Que. Here's the deal: You're going to get trolled sooner or later. You need to be able to do EVERY role. You will need to play each role in order to climb Elo. I personally try to have at least ONE good role for every lane.

After that, you can work on your specialties. Though, its good to have two for each role in case one is gone. Actually its great to have 4, between bans and picks its possible they are all gone.

Regardless, good luck to you in your ranked travels. Remember three things:

1.) Don't rage you will lose more games.

2.) Do everything possible to make everyone on the team happy. A Happy team is a team willing to work together, without team work you will lose.

3,) Its just a game, losing one game isn't the end of the world. Do not throw your monitor out the window.

Friesguy

11-01-2012

If you're legit worried about solo top champs, try Gangplank. He's very easy to learn, and if you build trinity force and Atmog's,you'll be tanky enough to take the brunt of most damage hile deal out a lot in return. Of the solo tops I've played, he's one of the easiest to learn (and a safer pick in general).