Akali questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rampage Riot

Senior Member

10-03-2010

1. Runes? I was thinking AD quints and marks, IP glyphs, and MP seals.

2. Item build? I play hybrid akali and right now its dorans sword, needed boots, recommended sword that looks like its on fire, rylais, hextech, lich bane.

3. Buying skin worth it? I think that custom skins can be a very important intimidator pre-game. it shows that you are serious about your char and know how to play him/her (usually).

4. Is it safe using her as my main DPS? I like her style of gameplay and everything but is she a high end champion?

5. What champions does akali compliment and vise versa? Why?

6. Any other tips play akali?

All information and help appreciated!

Edit: i forgot to ask, what chain of attacks should i do? usually i do r->q->auto attack->e-> then w and get back if it was hit and run or repeat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS176974897df0345ab2392

Member

10-03-2010

All questions answered:
http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...orycraft.xhtml

As for the skin. Just get it for the looks. There are people trying to compensate for their lack of skill by buying skins. There are people that really only play that one champion to perfection who got a skin for the reason that the champ is their main.
Could be either if you see it in champ select. In my experience it more often has been the first case.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imhuge

Senior Member

10-04-2010

W is sometimes hard to place

I use it a lot to get into brush
In a team fight, I like to place it near my target before using R or right after using R
Some cases, you won't need to use it or you'll want to use it save to help someone, which lets you use the energy for 1 or 2 E instead

My favorite item build is pretty much what you listed, making her tanky with lots of lifesteal and spell vamp so she can take on carries.
For more damage, you take Zhonyas Ring instead of Hextech or maybe get Lich Bane first then Zhonyas.
The fire sword is Guinsoos Rageblade and it's good for pushes but you almost always want Rylais first to scare the enemy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morcaar

Senior Member

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhuge View Post
W is sometimes hard to place

I use it a lot to get into brush
In a team fight, I like to place it near my target before using R or right after using R
Using W to initiate fight is a bad, baaad idea. it drains almost half of your energy pool with one use. Since Akali is such a great chaser, you're crippling your ability to do long chases to eat down fleeing enemies (who have larger amounts of hp/MR/Armor) because you wasted half your energy on a stealth that you only used for 2/8 possible seconds.

Also, it takes away your main escape mechanism; Save stealth for when/if an attack goes bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deMorphine

Senior Member

10-04-2010

Rapes mid game with a decent AP item.

Full AP and you'll hit through everything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rampage Riot

Senior Member

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazeracer View Post
All questions answered:
http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...orycraft.xhtml

As for the skin. Just get it for the looks. There are people trying to compensate for their lack of skill by buying skins. There are people that really only play that one champion to perfection who got a skin for the reason that the champ is their main.
Could be either if you see it in champ select. In my experience it more often has been the first case.
Thanks a ton this is an amazing guide and very versatile. Those runes are just a tad adjustment, but one for the better, from the runes i thought of. With those runes i can pretty much do anything in your guide you mentioned. The mark of assassin tips i never even thought of and is a great idea. Btw, i hate snowball items for inconsistancy between games. Lastly, your comment about revive summoner spell made me LOL. Tagged your guide in my favorites will refer to it often. And your advice of the skins was very insightful. Thanks!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imhuge

Senior Member

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morcaar View Post
Using W to initiate fight is a bad, baaad idea. it drains almost half of your energy pool with one use. Since Akali is such a great chaser, you're crippling your ability to do long chases to eat down fleeing enemies (who have larger amounts of hp/MR/Armor) because you wasted half your energy on a stealth that you only used for 2/8 possible seconds.

Also, it takes away your main escape mechanism; Save stealth for when/if an attack goes bad.

I didn't say anything about initiating with it. I place it earlier because then you start recovering energy immediately instead of using it in combat. If you're worried about energy, you stop using Crescent Slash and just spam Q and R, which should be easy with Rylai's. This is just what works out in my experience.

I think you forget that stealth also has Armor+Resist and a slow. Stacking it with Rylais will wreck any carry relying on Ghost to escape.

If you're using it as an escape, you will eventually play against people who ward you and finish you off. When you start playing against people like that, you can try baiting wards or an enemy initiation. During ganking phase, obviously it's decent escape. In team fights, it lets you sneak within Q range for your target instead of using R and possibly extending too quickly.