Champs 2 Play, Poking Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joe10112

11-03-2012

@^: Thanks! I picked up Jayce and Vlad (Vlad since my friend told me to, I got owned in mid lane (was going top, but team needed a mid lane >.>) against a Kat...and I kept on getting into low-health trouble due to his quirky gameplay style...need some work on him...), but I played Jayce and OH WOW I love playing as him. (1/3/10 first game, but I got KS-ed a lot by this person called Darius..., and a whopping 14/1/9 second game!). I think I'll work on my Jayce play and learn my Vladimir before getting anything else; I've already posted a thread here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post31001348 asking for tips on Jayce, once I got Jayce pretty much understood, I'll move onto Vlad.

BTW quick question: What does "Bot Lane" do exactly? I know Top is for bruisers generally, who can dish out and take in lots of damage (and maybe other players?), Mid is for AP Carries, and Bot is for a Support + ...ADC? Might just be totally off here, because I don't think I have a good Bot Laner. I have Wukong, Jayce, and Vlad as my top laners (although I did play Jayce bot lane those two games I played him, with a CS-Stealing Soraka one game >.>), and Vlad switches between Mid/Top as needed; Wukong is generally top and stays there. But other than that, who goes Bot? What types of champs?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-03-2012

Yes. Bottom is for Support + ADC.

A good sample of ADC champs would be: Ezreal, Graves, Corki, Kog'maw, Ashe, Tristana.
A good sample of support champs would be: Soraka, Taric, Sona, Blitzcrank, Nunu, Alistar

Magus Crow

11-03-2012

Bot lane is typically an ADC + Support lane.

Jayce can pull of a psuedo-ADC if he really has to but I wouldnt say he's particularly suited to the role. Typical ADCs are: Ashe, Sivir, Tristana, Corki, Graves, Ezreal, Kog'Maw, Vayne, Caitlyn (I feel like I'm missing a few but I'm sure someone will fill in the rest if I have).

Support has a ton of champs that can do the job but you really need to match your support with your ADC for best results. If your ADC wants to basically farm you want a more passive support like Soraka or a heal oriented Taric on the other hand there are litterally a ton of more aggressive support options (blitz, leona, alistar) and then there are the more 'poke' oriented supports (Sona, Lulu).

Joe10112

11-03-2012

Graves! That's it. I'm gonna wait for Graves to go on sale then I'm going to buy him, and that *should* complete everyone I need. (Maybe a Jungler, but I'm not too keen on Jungling...don't quite like being underleveled because everyone else has a lane to farm in...maybe Warwick? Dr. Mundo? (I liked playing as Mundo, really fun on free week)).

Graves I hear is easy to pick up and play, right? If so, I'll wait until he goes on sale then pick him up.

I already have Sona + Soraka, so I should be fine for now.

Magus Crow

11-03-2012

Yeah... Graves is relatively easy to pick up. Not sure how quickly he'll be back on sale though as he was on sale something like two weeks ago... might be awhile.