◉◉◉◉ When To Click PUNISH ◉◉◉◉

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

11-07-2012

Another player asks about what is right or wrong about his/her behavior.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2775412

Elanorien

11-07-2012

I would love for this list to be given along with the Guidelines you're made to acknowledge every time you access the Tribunal.

As far as as Verbal Abuse/Offensive language goes, I would also include terms like "******", "downs", "downy", mention of extra chromosomes, etc. I feel I'm a little more lenient on the term "******" as it's become such a common word in our vernacular. Within reason and context of course. For example, if someone's being blamed and raged at all game and finally snaps and says "shut up ******" and that's the extend of their questionable behavior, I'd pardon. However calling others retarded for having a bad game or making a bad decision is really not acceptable.

Sorry if this one's been covered, I skimmed a bit :3. But did read the entire first post.

Edit: Fail me, you did indeed include this. Somehow I missed it, and just went back to double check now, lol, apologies. But, I'm happy to give the thread a bump regardless.

EndlessDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Sir, you are completely wrong as you do not have the exact policies for when riot decides to approve or deny a ban, while they do give tidbits about their system here and there your attempt at creating an authoritative list is misinforming as it doesn't match the true authoritative list that only riot has access to.

As you should know, the tribunal FAQ's states:
"#7 Why doesn’t Riot post a list of rules for what you can be banned for?

We believe in giving the community what it needs to define itself and that includes what is acceptable or unacceptable behavior. Any rules provided by Riot Games could unnecessarily influence the community."

And you also should know that at the end of every tribunal ban is a rioter approving this ban, this is because they do have an actual definitive list of what is acceptable and unacceptable behavior, and false positives do happen. A long time ago (over a year ago) when I contacted customer support because I was concerned that the tribunal was only player run and I found out I was wrong, I said "wait.. i was under the impression that there wasn't a riot employee examining every tribunal case.. is that how it is?"
and I got replied with

" Hello Summoner,

It would be irresponsible of us to leave the players to make such extreme judgements. We utilize the tribunal to weed out all of the cases that should not be coming to us as they are false reports. It slims our queue down so that we have time to examine each case thoroughly and fairly.

In your bushes, tossing my bandages,
CallmeSoup"

So for the sake of honesty I ask that you please re-word your OP so that it is not misleading but clear that this is your opinion on when players should click punish, not an official riot dictated and authoritative list used to determine when a warning/suspension is or isn't merited.

M O R B I Dx

11-08-2012

Add this to the list.

Saying anything that in some way or another COULD in some way be considered offesnive to someone is bannable.

To add what I said before, it makes it 10x worse if you said something that COULD maybe in a very slight way be taken to as offensive and you dont play well, (not intent feeding) just not playing well. (Which more and more seems to be a bannable offense anyway.)

having over 5 deaths and not the best CS, because you aren't a good player, very easily banned from this. Add this to the list.

Puritys Disciple

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlessdeath159 View Post
Sir, you are completely wrong as you do not have the exact policies for when riot decides to approve or deny a ban, while they do give tidbits about their system here and there your attempt at creating an authoritative list is misinforming as it doesn't match the true authoritative list that only riot has access to.

We believe in giving the community what it needs to define itself and that includes what is acceptable or unacceptable behavior. Any rules provided by Riot Games could unnecessarily influence the community."

And you also should know that at the end of every tribunal ban is a rioter approving this ban, this is because they do have an actual definitive list of what is acceptable and unacceptable behavior, and false positives do happen. A long time ago (over a year ago) when I contacted customer support because I was concerned that the tribunal was only player run and I found out I was wrong, I said "wait.. i was under the impression that there wasn't a riot employee examining every tribunal case.. is that how it is?"
and I got replied with

" Hello Summoner,

It would be irresponsible of us to leave the players to make such extreme judgements. We utilize the tribunal to weed out all of the cases that should not be coming to us as they are false reports. It slims our queue down so that we have time to examine each case thoroughly and fairly.

CallmeSoup"

So for the sake of honesty I ask that you please re-word your OP so that it is not misleading but clear that this is your opinion on when players should click punish, not an official riot dictated and authoritative list used to determine when a warning/suspension is or isn't merited.
He doesn't feel that any of his posts are his opinion but some funky/arbitrary mathmatical model which he claims is fact.

cornchowdar

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritys Disciple View Post
He doesn't feel that any of his posts are his opinion but some funky/arbitrary mathmatical model which he claims is fact.
Sounds like a great wannabe cult leader to me.

JohnnyOmega

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlessdeath159 View Post

and I got replied with

" Hello Summoner,

CallmeSoup"

It's not misinforming to create an authoritative list if it is created from community feedback since just as it says in the FAQ:

There is also explanations being added as to why the examples of punishable behavior are punishable and assistance in figuring out when context becomes an issue.

Ultimately this is not my opinion but the community's opinion. I will however add a disclaimer to the original post since you find it a concern.

Thank you for your feedback.

Puritys Disciple

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOmega View Post
Ultimately this is not my opinion but the community's opinion.
This should be stated as :

Quote:
Ultimately this is my preception(opinion) of the majority opinion in the community.

SabaothYgethmor

11-08-2012

I love how the tribunal basically steers us into being machines without any emotions. When you think about it real hard, you may realize that LoL is basically pure PVP game, in other words, a game where humans will play against other humans. Right? Ok.

So, it's not entirely outlandish to see someone (ie. a human being) lash out in a manner that can be seen as negative when one's team is getting stomped to hell. It's actually pretty normal, I think, to express a slight bit of passion in this kind of pure PVP environment. Or maybe that's just me, I don't know. Just asking.

But my issue here is this : Isn't the tribunal getting out of hand by trying way too hard to stifle any kind of reaction from players? Isn't it also just babysitting people with thin skin who can't take any sort of criticism, even rude or brutal though it may be (also trolls on the tribunal itself, getting off on banning people)?

I mean seriously, if you're getting bent out of shape because someone told you ''GG noobs'' at the end of a game.... why are you on the internet? Or does it say a lot about your own sportsmanship that you would want any reason to punish the guy who beat you?

At any rate, I'm just wondering if people feel like me or it's just the wrong community to be in. This'll probably be thumbed down on account of ''trolling'' but no. I just really had to get this off my chest. (Sorry bout the wall of text)

Puritys Disciple

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabaothYgethmor View Post
I love how the tribunal basically steers us into being machines without any emotions. When you think about it real hard, you may realize that LoL is basically pure PVP game, in other words, a game where humans will play against other humans. Right? Ok.

So, it's not entirely outlandish to see someone (ie. a human being) lash out in a manner that can be seen as negative when one's team is getting stomped to hell. It's actually pretty normal, I think, to express a slight bit of passion in this kind of pure PVP environment. Or maybe that's just me, I don't know. Just asking.

But my issue here is this : Isn't the tribunal getting out of hand by trying way too hard to stifle any kind of reaction from players? Isn't it also just babysitting people with thin skin who can't take any sort of criticism, even rude or brutal though it may be (also trolls on the tribunal itself, getting off on banning people)?

I mean seriously, if you're getting bent out of shape because someone told you ''GG noobs'' at the end of a game.... why are you on the internet? Or does it say a lot about your own sportsmanship that you would want any reason to punish the guy who beat you?

At any rate, I'm just wondering if people feel like me or it's just the wrong community to be in. This'll probably be thumbed down on account of ''trolling'' but no. I just really had to get this off my chest. (Sorry bout the wall of text)
I wrote something similar in this thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2716727 . Mainly around point 1 and three, that people cannot control themselves and the tribunal users are a biased subset of the community.

It was not well received. In summary-- I believe the true community of LoL thinks as you do, but the tribunal forum regulars do not. I have nothing to back this up other than my opinion of the normal internet user as a moderate individual