Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How is AD nidalee?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Man

10-31-2012

So I've recently decided to give Nidalee another go after that news post.. Used to play her alot when I started playing because I loved how fun she was. But I've only ever tried AP..

How does AD compare?

Best Furry NA

11-01-2012

AD is a different playstyle.

AP is support with the heals and AP carry with the spear. Although the spear hits like a truck, the problem is, she's near-useless in teamfights. She chucks a spear, heals, then runs around looking like an idiot. Sometimes doing little kitty flips until CDs are back.

AD can be built either bruiser or assassin.

Although I do not personally play her, this is coming from someone who knows people who do.

Sephïroth

11-01-2012

AD Nidalee can only be built Bruiser and do good damage. She used to be really good pre nerfs to Frozen Heart/Atma's combo.

Typical AD Nidalee build:

Brutalizer
Frozen Heart or Warmog
Atmas
Ghostblade
Frozen Heart or Warmog.

Of course, its always situational. Maw of Malmortius usually works great against AP Heavy teams, as Thornmail really work good against AD heavy teams, especially with the ability to heal damage.

I personally prefer Tanky AP Nidalee. She can still do tons of damage with her spear, and jump in as a cougar to do damage in team fights and live to tell about it.

My tanky AP Build
Boots + 3 Mana pots
Rhylai's(SOMETIMES I get Haunting Guise if my lane opponent gets MR early. 40 pen + 11 from runes/materies means you can negate that MR. It will help you snowball, trust me.)
Sorc Boots(Interchangable with Rhylai's)
Athena's for sustain
Depending on if they are AD or AP Heavy I will go
Zonhuya's for AD, Abyssal for AP

Rarely it gets past this point, but when it does I'll usually grab a Banshee's veil for AP heavy teams, or Sunfire cap for AD Heavy or Deathcap depending on if I'm getting killed or I need more damage. Either way, I get both as my last 2 items.

You may not do insane damage, but its not your job. You do good AOE damage, and have a great poke. Remember: Building HP really makes you more tanky because Catform gives you armor/MR.

AP Nidalee is like Lux, if there is no other AP on your team you will likely fail. She is to be a second form of AP damage.

Fiveofswords

11-01-2012

well we know that ap nidalee works. Ad nidalee has done well...once or twice...but its not a reliable thing to do

AstralWarriorX

11-01-2012

Quote:
Glacialwrath:
AD is a different playstyle.

AP is support with the heals and AP carry with the spear. Although the spear hits like a truck, the problem is, she's near-useless in teamfights. She chucks a spear, heals, then runs around looking like an idiot. Sometimes doing little kitty flips until CDs are back.

AD can be built either bruiser or assassin.

Although I do not personally play her, this is coming from someone who knows people who do.

That spear... we call it the Spear of Death.

Anyway, I haven't really seen much AD Nidalle's.

I would assume she would be an ADC if built adc. (correct me if im worng) because shes range.

Fiveofswords

11-01-2012

Quote:
AstralWarriorX:
That spear... we call it the Spear of Death.

Anyway, I haven't really seen much AD Nidalle's.

I would assume she would be an ADC if built adc. (correct me if im worng) because shes range.

she has a pretty bad kit for a normal adc and her aa range isnt impressive or anything. She has that one skill in cat form that scales from physical...so ad nid would be more liek a bruiser type.

Sephïroth

11-01-2012

AD Nidalee's are far and few between now-a-days since the nerf of Atma's Impaler, she used to do tons of damage just building Frozen Heart - > Warmog - > Atma's, now she does okay damage. Other champions just do it better, though.

AP Nidalee is better in all phases, and can still fill that tanky role though most just want to walk around chucking spears. Once you obtain a higher elo that doesn't really happen as much.