[SUGGESTION] Fullscreen mode and other tweaks

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ezupio

07-31-2009

As the game, the interface is probably in a "beta"-state, so maybe some changes are already planned, but anyway, here's my vision of a better interface :
Firstly, I'd prefer a fullscreen interface. With the spare space it would imply, you could merge the Buddies window in the main window, something like this :

See First Attachment
(Somehow I lost the first image, although the only thing I wished to show is still on the bottom of the other image.)

Or something like this.

I don't like the whole fact to have 2 windows opened, it's nicer to have everything on the same page imo.
---
Secondly, I don't feel the need to stack another screen on the main one when you start a game and have to choose the type of game, it would be easier to open the "Play Game" window just like the Summoner Profile one. This would look like something like this :

See Second Attachment

---
For those "pro" people for whom the whole windowed thing feels just so pro, you can put a windowed mode toggle in the options, which would allow to toggle the Buddies window as a separate window.
Additionnaly, it would nice to use the in-game pointer 'cause the Windows one is a bit silly, and also to use some mood music.

Also, I'm not sure of this, but doesn't a windowed mode uses more memory?

765Immortal

07-31-2009

Nice suggestion. To expand upon Ezupio's, i would say cut all animations from the windowed mode and put them into full-screen mode. I have tons of lag with the animations in the front-end interfaces. Unless it can optimized, it's not exactly needed.

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

07-31-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Nice mockups man!! Thanks for taking all the time to do that. Im doing some cool stuff with chat now, and will definitely take these ideas into consideration.

Luke

07-31-2009

The less Windows the better, especially on Windows 7.

Also, it'd be nice if the PVP.net Client could detect Child Windows, and put them on top of the Parent Window forcing the user to take action. Especially, again, on Windows 7 like when you get Join game Requests. Sometimes these Windows/Dialogs pop behind the Parent Window.

Any more Windows/Dialogs than 3 and it's really hard to see things in your Taskbar, in Windows 7, without going down there and hovering-over.

P.S. I'm getting the RTM of Windows 7 next Thursday from my work!

iPredicted

Adjudicator

07-31-2009

Really nice ideas, but you should really take those imageshack since its protected by nda.

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

07-31-2009

love this idea but it looks funny on the game choosing screen (then again it is only an idea)

Ezupio

08-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzle Dazzle View Post
love this idea but it looks funny on the game choosing screen (then again it is only an idea)
That's because the images are something I made quickly, and without much editing, so there are some mistakes, don't mind them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predicted View Post
Really nice ideas, but you should really take those imageshack since its protected by nda.
I understand for the NDA, but what do you mean I "should take those imageshack"?

ketchup

08-01-2009

I believe he meant take them off of imageshack, and use the attachment option when you used Edit > Go Advanced. The paper clip icon next to Font(If you are not sure)

Guillotine

08-08-2009

in beta PvP.net screen I think is horrible! plz fullscreen mode on
and I cannot find were is the list of created games?

CursedMind

08-08-2009

actually, the only thing that worries me with that suggestion, is the problem with the buddielist.
I can hardly sort it as it is, because you have to drag stuff around. As soon as you have a directory with enough entries to fill up the window vertically, the place is getting too small to put the first name in any directory that lies below the screen filling one that you have to drag it out of.

The above suggestion would need a way to move ppl via context menu rather then drag&drop only.
This is convenience I guess.