Europe's Team Fighting Ability?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GG DraKe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2010

Ok, I know in the third game USA had an amazing aoe team comp compared to Europe. However, I don't get why Europe managed to lose every team fight, and in the end were afraid to even initiate.

To land a perfect aoe combo like USA did consistently usually requires a lot of luck or the enemy team to just be really bad. Is it just me or did Europe just have no idea how to team fight USA and failed positioning? (I know their 4 squishies on the team definitely contributed, but they still had a Janna who is the amumu killer...)

kuuji cat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2010

europe isn't at good at teamfights as CLG, and after that first ace the game was just a steamroll because of being outplayed and outgeared

gluecks

Emissary of the League

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdr4kex View Post
Ok, I know in the third game USA had an amazing aoe team comp compared to Europe.
However, I don't get why Europe managed to lose every team fight, and in the end were afraid to even initiate.
Your 1st line is the answer to your 2nd.

Afraid to initiate? That is what happens when you're far behind in kills, enemies have baron etc.

EU lost the 3rd game at the picks already. They had nothing to initiate with and no proper aoe/cc spam

DreamsOfGrandeur

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluecks View Post
Your 1st line is the answer to your 2nd.

Afraid to initiate? That is what happens when you're far behind in kills, enemies have baron etc.

EU lost the 3rd game at the picks already. They had nothing to initiate with and no proper aoe/cc spam
EU:
1st game - CLG totally taken by surprise.
2nd game - EU's strat got torn apart by bans and picks
3rd game - CLG settles into their NA-metagame nook while EU struggles to adapt to using a different strat

Just a matter of types of champions avaiable, and metagame clashes.

Jazzz

10-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCuri View Post
EU:
1st game - CLG totally taken by surprise.
2nd game - EU's strat got torn apart by bans and picks
3rd game - CLG settles into their NA-metagame nook while EU struggles to adapt to using a different strat

Just a matter of types of champions avaiable, and metagame clashes.

Quoted for truth. Anyone who didn't catch the finals, read this,
and you got a pretty accurate summary of what happened at the WCG Grand finals.