Why I'm Leaving

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bshootingu

11-01-2012

Yeah honestly I am just totally apathetic towards this game now. Twisted treeline was my sole reason for playing it (that and my awesome friends) but even playing with friends doesn't make it more enjoyable. Truth be told the map isn't bad and might actually be fun, but it replacing my reason for playing this game and being called "close enough" is like spitting in my face. _

Haeval

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI View Post
If you are going to leave, then no one can stop you. In fact, It might be best to take a few days away from it all. Take a breather, play some other games and just chill away from LoL for a few days. Sometimes that's exactly what it takes to get a good look at a situation.

I'll be honest here man, I hated new TT at first. Swore up and down I was leaving as well and wanted nothing to do with TT, SR or Riot period. I spent the first two days QQing all ove the boards and whining about it. Then I gave it a real shot with some friends.

I can honestly say I am enjoying it much more now. Sure, I am not having the same fun as old TT, but it is it's own brand of fun. Keep in mind, I am in no way trying to say it will be as fun as before. I am simply saying that before is not now. Focus on what you can enjoy and not on the things you can't. If you do that I bet you will start to enjoy it again.

I was so damn happy the first time my team lost our altar at lvl 1 only to steal theirs and pick up a fisr blood on the guy guarding theirs. It felt as though I, the player, had leveled up lol.

I made it, what, 3 days away from the game? >.<

I've been looking for replacement MOBA style games, and I found one that has potential (RoI), but Riot has soaked up all the MOBA community. There's almost no scene for others, forcing terrible ques.

My first game back was a 3v3. Boring. I played Ez against a squishy team, and went bruiser build on an adc. Won. I don't know what to think. I'm still angry at Riot for just not caring. I'm angry a bit, still, that so many strategies were sacrificed for simplicity.

On the other hand, I've noticed that the attracted crowd for this new map is sort of dumb. I mean, I can do the easiest jukes and get away with it 9 times out of 10, and dance around opponents. Maybe it's because i'm not playing ranked, but I don't really have a solid ranked team. Also, I'm not sure i want to play ranked on this map. Or even play this map. It's just boring...

Kevin Rudd

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeval View Post
1. Priorities and Lies.

Riot isn't showing proper priorities. I first was introduced with this with the whole Evelynn fiasco. For over a year an occasional red would say that Evelynn's fixes were "top priority," but I couldn't see that as being the case. One time I made a list of the amount of champions that were released in that interim, including the amount of skins, hot-fixes on ARTWORK, not to mention coming out with Dominion as an entire map. In the meantime Evelynn and balancing issues were just put on the backburner.

Yeah I couldn't be bothered reading your whole cry, but in this case, the ARTWORK is done by a completely different department to the people who do the mechanics and the balancing of the champion.

Realyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

Riot stopped caring a long, long time ago; probably around the end of season 1. It as right around the time they were bought out by that Chinese corporation. Within a 2 month timespan, champion new prices went from 3150 to auto-6300, new skin prices went from 520RP to auto-975RP. Hell, now skin prices are becoming auto-1800+RP, lmfao. The **** is a joke, for real. All the champion remakes have failed in terms to fixing the minor problems in the kits. They totally ruined Taric forever. That alone is unforgivable!

Haeval

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Logan View Post
Riot stopped caring a long, long time ago; probably around the end of season 1. It as right around the time they were bought out by that Chinese corporation. Within a 2 month timespan, champion new prices went from 3150 to auto-6300, new skin prices went from 520RP to auto-975RP. Hell, now skin prices are becoming auto-1800+RP, lmfao. The **** is a joke, for real. All the champion remakes have failed in terms to fixing the minor problems in the kits. They totally ruined Taric forever. That alone is unforgivable!
I agree about taric. Much better when he had a survival ult and could be played like a mage OR a support... or even a tank... now he's ruined.

Boo

11-03-2012

ok.... see you in a couple of days

XElement

11-03-2012

Change might be scary, but never truly bad.

emberfly

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XElement View Post
Change might be scary, but never truly bad.
Electing Hitler was scary but not bad?

PhuckNlggerRlot

11-03-2012

agree with most everything you said, This map is no where near the same and has been ruined. I used to play only TT and after 2 matches of that new **** wont touch it again till it reverts back.

The only thing I have to say to all those people complaining about turtling in the old TT, is stfu. You deserved it. The only time the enemy team can turtle is if you give them the opportunity. I had a game (before the crappy update) where I was Veigar and had 2 team mates trying to throw the game being complete ****** bags in every way possible. I refused to surrender and fought it out cuz the enemy team was dicking around cuz they had a "sure" win. They let it drag out too long and I got really farmed up cuz I was unopposed as they were jungling non stop to try and complete their builds. Needless to say, I complete mine first and since I got to freely farm my Q I ended the game with well over 1k AP. I could burst their tank down in 2 shots thanks to deathfire, 1 shot their mage with my Ult and their fighter was easy to kill alone. It was 1v3 and I won with a score of 19/0 and well over 1k AP. They couldve ended if they pushed anytime between 10-20 minutes in. But lost cuz they LET me turtle.

And on the counter argument it was hella easy to counter turtling, just push fast when you can, and back door when they werent looking or even just a split push would work. Have all 3 pushing bo and when they go there on rush top and take out the turrets/inhib.

There we're a few bugs with the old TT that needed fixed, but the entire revamp into a dominion hybrid was completely unnecessary.

brapper

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshootingu View Post
Yeah honestly I am just totally apathetic towards this game now. Twisted treeline was my sole reason for playing it (that and my awesome friends) but even playing with friends doesn't make it more enjoyable. Truth be told the map isn't bad and might actually be fun, but it replacing my reason for playing this game and being called &quot;close enough&quot; is like spitting in my face. &not;_&not;
This is exactly how i felt.