Why I'm Leaving

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MacGravel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

Bye.

HayabusaZero

11-01-2012

Haeval, even if i'm not in the same position as you are right now (i don't hate the new map nor gameplay style), its really a shame to lose a great summoner for this change. I believe, like VIOLENTxSHINOBI, that it would be good for you to just have a break for a week or so, and get back with a fresh look on this issue.

As a community, i believe we can try to give Riot all the feedback needed to make this map better. Maybe we won't get the old TT back, but we can make the current new TT a lot better. The thing is that we need to be positive and vocal, we need to propose changes, logical tweaks and work to make us hear by them. Constructive posters like yourself are needed to express our ideas.

That is, at least, my current position in this issue. I believe that encouraging people to give their opinion towards the tweaks and changes to the new map would make everything better for all of us.

But, if that way of thinking is something you don't like, i still wish you the best! Don't forget to say hello from time to time if you can.

Nakumine

11-01-2012

It's sad to see you go but I get it. Better luck in your next game of choice, Haeval.

Goggris

11-01-2012

They've already mentioned they want to do tweaks and balance changes for both the map and the items. I can't tell you how to feel, but you have to understand they just can't patch this daily. Can you not even wait for ONE balance patch?

Also I disagree wholeheartedly that this map lacks strategy. If anything it opens up an entire new realm of strategy and counter strategies.

ConcreteTomatoes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2012

The thing i probably hate the most from the whole 'eve isnt eve anymore' thing, is how shes supposed to be some type of vampire-y thing. They even mentioned it in the shadow isles promo, but i think thats because they forgot what old eve did.. Remember her ult? The passive used to be regaining a few hundred hp on champ kills/assists.. I guess its supposed to mean her shield? Then viktor might as well be a vampire too because of his q

Kallana

11-01-2012

Hey Haeval,

I agree with everything you've said but I just wanted to let you know something about SR before you leave. I play SR a lot and ever since they added this honoring system I've noticed a considerable difference in players' attitude. There is far, far less verbal abuse and trolling. Don't get me wrong though, the trolling still continues but not as badly as it once did. I suspect that everyone wants that pretty little red/green ribbon and playing will do their best to earn votes. You should give SR one last chance because you might like it.

KabalWins

11-01-2012

I'm in the same boat as you. I do like SR as well but I feel betrayed now and I haven't really enjoyed the game since they took out real TT. I feel like they are spitting on the community by doing this and clearly the new map is nothing like the old. Even if they tweak it and make it balanced I see no reason why they can't put the old map back as well.

Haeval

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggris View Post
They've already mentioned they want to do tweaks and balance changes for both the map and the items. I can't tell you how to feel, but you have to understand they just can't patch this daily. Can you not even wait for ONE balance patch?

Also I disagree wholeheartedly that this map lacks strategy. If anything it opens up an entire new realm of strategy and counter strategies.

Hey, stopping in a couple days later. I still haven't seen any red posts concerning answers/etc, so I'll just be updating this one thread.

Goggris, I didn't say this map lacks all strategy. I said they sacrificed a TON of strategies from the old map. Here's where I might not have been clear enough. The best strategy for a non-bruiser to go against a bruiser is avoidance. This is easier for blink champions IF the map allows for those types of escapes.

This map does not. Not only is it impossible to flash most walls, but there just aren't enough walls/obstructions that take long enough for a bruiser to get around for a squishy to escape. Even if you DO escape to the turret, the turrets seem to hit a lot softer... you'll get dived anyway.

I agree that some strategies have been introduced with the new map. It's just that these strategies tend to favor bruisers. It's designed (admittedly, by Riot) to let one team try and draw the other team into fights. A lot of this is done by the altars, and yes, maybe the altars will be.... altered.....to make it a little more balanced, but I wasn't ever looking for this map to be more balanced. I mean yes, it would be good to have a better balanced map for those that play it, and I have tried to give what feedback I can to those threads that are working for it.

I just would need to see a LOT of changes to this map before it felt anything like the old one, and doing that would make it a different mode than it is right now. That wouldn't be fair to do to the people who love it the way it is.

Honestly, I prefer a smaller version of SR, and that's what the old TT was. Yes, it had issues, but I believe that Riot designers are SKILLED enough (even if Morrello doesn't) to fix those problems without scrapping the old map. I also think that the 13 million daily players wouldn't really see a dent in their que times if there were two 3v3 maps available.

YAMAKASI SENSEI

11-01-2012

This map is meant for force fights but it's not even fun when your champs are late game. The other team will end up snow ball the entire game because of altar control bs.
I liked this map even though I supported the old TT. However, after a few ranked games, I've come to a conclusion that this map lacked strategies. Sure, you can force fight by having one person sitting on altar and the other two in the bush but what the hell is that? If that's the only strategy that is viable on this map then this map is a complete failure. It only appeals to newbs not veteran players. To be honest, this map is just exactly the same as Dominion, there's no complex strategies, only simple strategies that will gain you a win and using bruisers seem to be the way to go now. Riot, you should try playing ad carries while the other team is capturing an altar. You go to them, you die. Huehuehue. My friends and I have been doing that every single time the other team has an AD carry, the other team ended up raging at Riot instead of us because they know that this map is flawed.

SmashArms

11-01-2012

Riot could care less for the community. they treat this as their game.