Tiamat.... wtf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SephirothWontDie

11-05-2012

actually, i find this item to be perfectly useful on Miss Fortune. Imagine for a moment, you have tiamat. You look a double up, "Hey! This applies on hit effects!" You use double up with tiamat and it splashes both the initial hit and the second hit very well.

MLG Lokshot

11-06-2012

What if you combined the pickaxe + longsword with a phage for a slowing addition to your auto attacks as a unique passive?

Pickaxe : 875 or so + Longsword : 415 + Phage : 1350 = 2640 Gold

Which makes the adc have extra ad + a slowing effect for more effective, securing of kills and kiting.

Also makes the jungler a more successful ganker and more open ideas of champs to select for jungling, because of some champs not having a built in slow for ganking.

Any ideas on improving this one so that riot may take it into concideration?

AidanNoot

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pethrax View Post
Folks, you are mistaking the role of Tiamat as an ADC item, when it is a laning item.

Imagine a graves that didn't have to go b ever once he got this. He could sit and spam his buckshot to his heart's content, and the mana regen would keep him up until late game. Then he goes b, with easily 3+k, and can flat buy a BT, BC, or PD and laugh at you all.

I agree that the Tiamat needs a buff, and what I am going to propose is mearly what has been said above, but combined

No pickaxe, and make the AoE Radius 200, not the diameter. This effectively doubles the effectiveness, and makes it that much more viable early game, where it was clearly meant to be in.
Actually, this is a good point. A debuff in this item may actually make it more viable. It could be useful for some junglers to clear camps. It would give another option for fast pushing lanes. It also presents a trade off situation for late game. Would you want to save a potential 1200 cost item for teamfights, or get more singe target damage?

Fallenour

11-06-2012

youve obviously never seen a team of 5 build tiamats. It wrecks on a whole new level. Its not a legit item though tourney wise though, but agreat humor item non the less.

Your evil cat

11-06-2012

I used to shove it on my ashe, when i had crappy support . The positive things are , Cheap ap , nice in end- game group fights, nice extra sustain in lane.

Ravors Malody

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Tiamat is a beta item. Its just not worthwhile to pick, because in terms of the splash and aoe this why teams have mages,

Tiamat from my PoV was meant for ranged AD's, because they didnt have spash or aoe, but now they all have cone attacks and some small cc.

I see this item being removed soon, it doesnt fit, but I do see it being used abusively in pre level 30 gameplay

RealGh0st

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Here it is, i think the problem is that it don't fit the Current "i must survive so I get more defence" meta.
At the same time most ppl don't like the HP/MP regen on item that much unless it will give them a huge boost later on (shurelia for example).
So my suggestion would be simply change the regen for armor as there is no armor + AD item.
That scare me as it would make every AD champion want to take it just to survive a bit more.

But here is how i would do it.
Pick Axe (975g) + Long Sword (415g) + Cloth armor (300g) = 1690
As it become quite powerful item you can't let it at like 255g combining cost so you put it a little hier like 410g (maybe even higher) making it a total of 2100g

The problem in that is that every bruiser will probably take it even tho its that that optimal except for certain bruiser that their skill work with auto attack.. (Wukong, Udyr ie)
It would make most Jungler way more powerful in their jungle then they can already be.

So tell me how you think of that modification.

cacaw

11-07-2012

I personally enjoy the concept behind the tiamat, but I also know why it doesn't see much play. The damage/cost ratio is actually not bad. (BF is 1650 for 45 damage, tiamat is 2050 for 50). Essentially, you're paying 400 for the splash damage and some health and mana regen for sustain, which isn't bad early game. The sad part is that the item falls off hard... the item is 2050 and has no upgrade paths (only item to pull this off in the ad realm is last whisper heh). Rush it for the early game benefits and essentially lose half a tri-force to your top lane opponent.

You do have to realize, though, in higher elo (as in above 800 lol), when last-hitting is advantageous, tiamat actually inhibits your farm. You will lose a noticeable amount of last hits to your tiamat passive. And, sometimes, you really DON'T want to push your lane.

imo for tiamat to be viable, it would need to be toggle-able (or perhaps a low cd buff). Seeing it as an item for top lane bruisers, it would really need something with some survivability and perhaps an upgrade path.

neat concept, no viability =*(

neagrosk

11-07-2012

Looking into the history of the item, it seems like it was a direct port of the Dota item Battlefury. The thing is, if any of you have gaming history in Dota, there is no real place for such an item in the LoL meta when compared to it's place in Dota, it just doesn't seem to belong here.

That being said I really wish the splash was bigger, right now it has roughly the radius of 1 and 1/2 teemos

BaelZephyr

11-07-2012

ive seen tiamat used brilliantly on gangplank; boots trinity ie tiamat x 3 and he just raped the rest of the game