Tiamat.... wtf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ƒ River Tam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Seeing as it IS Tiamat Tuesday, I thought I should toss a bone to potentially the most worthless item in league.

Tiamats stats:
AD (k, makes sense... builds off BF sword)
Health regen ----------------> O.o
Mana regen -------------------> o.O
(passive) splash damage. (k, makes sense, goes well with AD)

I find the idea of splash damage neat and interesting. Not particularly useful in most situations, but with a potential niche clearing waves and with AOE comps (like Galio and Oriana). However, the health and mana regen portions of the item are about as useful as a swimsuit on Antarctica.

Suggestion: Combine the BF sword with any of the following:
Attack speed
HP
Magic Resist
Armor

Any of these would be potentially useful for an auto attacking champion (melee or ranged) and the combination of AD with any of these would make it fairly unique.

Cheers

67chrome

10-31-2012

It builds from a Pick-Axe and Long Sword, not a BF Sword.

Other than that, the health and mana regeneration per 5 are the major reasons the item doesn't see much play.

I really like the idea of switching the health and mana regeneration per 5 with armor though. As is the only AD/Armor items out there are Wriggle's Lantern (which is only avalible in Summoner's Rift), Atma's Impaler and Madred's Razors (and it's upgrades). Junglers have been complaining about needing more AoE for effective clearing for a while (were that armor will really help and make the item seem more attractive), champions like Fiora have no counter-building options against AD opponents outside of Wriggle's Lantern (and none at all in Dominion, Proving Grounds, and Twisted Treelines), and the fact the splash damage keeps it more viable on melee than ranged champs will keep most ranged attack damage carries from picking it up.

RockJockey

10-31-2012

Good Evening Soviet Comrades,
How about removing the pickaxe from the cost, increase the combine cost a little, and keep the passive where its at.

Longsword 415 + Bead 250 + Faerie Charm 180 = 845 + combine 355 =1200
The new stats would be 25 AD, 15HP Regen per 5, 5 Mana Regen per 5
Passive: Autoattacks deal 50 percent damage in AoE

By doing this, junglers would be able to make use of this item at earlier levels when farming the jungle creeps is important (as well as ganking of course). The new price wouldn't make buying a Tiamat so inhibitive to the jungle unlike the current one which doesn't make sense because by the time you accrued 2050 gold, you would be clearing the jungle with ease. This Tiamat would give Wriggles a run for its money on certain junglers, by hastening jungle clearing.

Perhaps the percentage on the AoE would need to be changed. Maybe not.
As for non-jungler use:
-Mid will never use it.
-Top might use it just to help clear waves (i.e. Gangplank).
-And RADC bot probably wouldn't pick it up because it would push the lane unnecessarily, possibly losing cs to the passive. However the regen effects might make it something they would consider.

And of course, this will probably kill the PENTA-TIAMAT Fiora and Shyvana builds. On the plus side, it would be really quick to finish.
-perhaps make Tiamat an upgradeable item by adding a pickaxe 975 + combine 225= 2400 gold total. (Boost to 55AD? because of increased cost.)

For the Glory of the U.S.S.N,
(United Servants of Swain for Noxus)
-Rockjockey

TheLastBaron88

11-01-2012

Tiamat's passive actually has a smaller radius than melee attack range. By a good margin. Needs Buff, maybe make the passive unique to end stacking builds while actually making the thing viable for forcing enemies to avoid clumping up and disperse. Actually had a good Tiamat thread going here V
> http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...thelastbaron88 <
if you would like to weigh in on it?

Nykidemus

11-02-2012

I strongly agree. Increase the range on the AoE, (It wont even hit all the wraiths at once. ~_~ ) and so something - anything, I dont care what, with the miniscule MP5 and HP5. Even if you just removed on of them and made it two of the other, that would still be at least a little bit focused.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

I've grabbed it on Draven once. It was pretty funny.

But yeah, not really a useful item in its current state. I've heard Xyph plans to buff/rework/remove it.

TheLastBaron88

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
I've grabbed it on Draven once. It was pretty funny.

But yeah, not really a useful item in its current state. I've heard Xyph plans to buff/rework/remove it.
Deadman, I believe I linked my own post on this topic further above. Would you mind checking that out and tell me what you think? The best stuff is in the responses, the OP was more of a case report on what caught my attention about the thing.

Pethrax

11-04-2012

Folks, you are mistaking the role of Tiamat as an ADC item, when it is a laning item.

Imagine a graves that didn't have to go b ever once he got this. He could sit and spam his buckshot to his heart's content, and the mana regen would keep him up until late game. Then he goes b, with easily 3+k, and can flat buy a BT, BC, or PD and laugh at you all.

I agree that the Tiamat needs a buff, and what I am going to propose is mearly what has been said above, but combined

No pickaxe, and make the AoE Radius 200, not the diameter. This effectively doubles the effectiveness, and makes it that much more viable early game, where it was clearly meant to be in.

Orbital Nuke

11-04-2012

If you removed the mana regen and put a combination of the tiamat with the brutalizer, it would be a great weapon.

Jeanschyso

11-05-2012

I like Tiamat actually. I build it to remove pressure on top lane and mid lane by being properly warded and pushing bot lane. It gives you roughly the same AD ad BF sword, with passive substain.

It does push the lane so if your top and mid are losing their lanes, don't build this. You'll be camped do death.