Best AD Carry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

10-31-2012

Yes, but how often is that, outside of 4v1/4v2 situations? Unless you're ridiculously fed, you're not going to be engaging with jump in a 5v5 fight. It's your only escape ability, and your advantage is your range. If you engage with it and give that up, unless you instantly get a kill and it resets, you lose your escape and the enemy can jump on you.

driBttaM

10-31-2012

I love to play ashe because she is a carry and she is good for harassing melee because she is range and her abilities are fun to use, my other choice would be draven because his late game damage gets pretty radical. Ashe is also good because she is a great help in team fight with her volley and ice arrow because they hit more then one target.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-31-2012

Now, I'm not ADC player, and certainly not a Trist player, but I've seen some good ones.

Here are some scenarios where I've seen W to "engage" ... wait, let me clarify...

Engage isn't the right word really. But it's also very opposite of "escape." I see good Tristana players use W to close gaps, or leap walls to finish kills.

So, for example, maybe it's like a 2v2, you're at the inhibitor turret, and you get one of their guys down to like 30% and he runs off to the side. You W over the wall, kill him, W back out.

Perhaps there's a 5v5 team fight (or any size) and one of their players gets low, so he flashes over a wall, so you W over that same wall, kill him, and W back to safety.

It certainly shouldn't be used as an initiate, by any means. I mean, it's Tristana, not a tank. She's super squishy. But good Tristana players find lots of opportunities to W in, get kill, W out.

adc

10-31-2012

That's not engaging, that's securing the kill. Of course you use it to catch a person who is on their own with no health. But you would never engage with it.

Fiveofswords

11-01-2012

uh lots of arguing about trivial stuff...i tihnk we can all agree that tristanas jumping is useful, if you arent stupid with it. Its pretty hard to have an ability that is great even if you are stupid

adc

11-01-2012

Hey, fiveofswords. Ever heard of Karthus?

LogicalTautology

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Hey, fiveofswords. Ever heard of Karthus?
Pressing R is hard work.

And I mean that seriously. Karthus is one of the harder mids to pick up and master, and you would be shocked how little use the average player gets out of his R before the 25 minute mark.

adc

11-01-2012

Yes, I know that. Karthus is one of my favorite mid lanes, despite me not playing him much. I was poking fun.

AstralWarriorX

11-01-2012

I personally like Ashe, I utilize her slows for my teammates to pick up the kills or me If I need them and my team has enough.

Shes great for single squishy targeting.

Jesustim

11-01-2012

recipe for an ADC:
good scaling
in-built escape mechanism (NOT JUST FLASH)
strong passive or skillshots, preferably both.

the lack of an effective instant escape leaves MF and kogmaw both gimped as ADC's because they CANNOT escape, and anyone with a decent long range engage (khazix, nocturne, most leaps, pantheon) will be able to get on them and STAY on them unless the team intentionally stacks knockbacks to counter.