I'm 21 years old and have never been trick or treating

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mista Jangles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

I guess you can say I was sheltered when I was a kid. Besides living in the country and having to drive 10 minutes to see any friends, I grew up with conservative parents who legitimately thought stuff like Halloween, Harry Potter, Goosebumps, and Pokemon were of the devil.

Tonight I'm going trick or treating for the first time ever with my group of friends from college. I'm not a sweets person. In fact, I haven't eaten candy since I was in fourth grade. What should I do with all the candy from trick or treating? Give it to a random stranger or just not take candy from random houses?

TheTinyTinyHippo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

I dunno about anywhere else, but you can resell your candy to a dentist for a dollar a pound or something like that over here.

Mere Intricacy

10-31-2012

Give it to random children you see in the street...

I've never went trick or treating either...

What are you dressing as..

Elodin

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy View Post

Yes, give children candy while wearing a mask on the side of the street.

Even on Halloween it looks sketchy.

Mere Intricacy

10-31-2012

Donate it to an orphanage!?

Quision

10-31-2012

Sell it to the children.

Mista Jangles

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy View Post

Slender Man.

Kohana Sushi

10-31-2012

To be really honest, I think it's effed up when adults trick or treat. I would be okay with it, except I know that most of the adults BUYING the candy don't really appreciate it since they bought it with the idea that they'd be handing it out to CHILDREN in mind.

My Face Is OP

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elodin View Post
Yes, give children candy while wearing a mask on the side of the street.

Even on Halloween it looks sketchy.
This.

Last halloween I was on the road and got ten paper bags and filled it with candy bars and gift certificates for both the kids and their parents and went to a poorer part of the city to hand them out and it was actually really hard to get rid of them.

Even if they don't think you're a pedophile, a common thing I heard was "we don't want our kids having that much sugar".

Mista Jangles

10-31-2012

Yeah... no. I'm not going to give candy out to random kids. I'm a youth worker and that would look really bad.